View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 06:33 PM
California Sober

Default Re: Winter is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherMan View Post
I guess this story isn't for everyone!

Quote:
The true perversion, though, is the sense you get that all of this illicitness has been tossed in as a little something for the ladies, out of a justifiable fear, perhaps, that no woman alive would watch otherwise. While I do not doubt that there are women in the world who read books like Mr. Martin’s, I can honestly say that I have never met a single woman who has stood up in indignation at her book club and refused to read the latest from Lorrie Moore unless everyone agreed to “The Hobbit” first. “Game of Thrones” is boy fiction patronizingly turned out to reach the population’s other half.
So, I guess the media's meta-narrative for this month is that we're turning our boys gay and making our girls into manlies.

With thanks to @feliciaday from the tweeterverse for the story.
HAHAHAHA! OMG, you guys! I was google image searching for, like, examples of Harlequin romance covers with swords and castles and strapping men in armor and fantasy/dragon elements, so I could then sarcastically be all like, "Yeah, women are totally not into that kind of shit." But then I found this and I totally lost it.

:laughcry:

BrotherMan (04-15-2011), livius drusus (04-15-2011), The Man (04-18-2011)

Page generated in 0.36975 seconds with 11 queries