View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 12:25 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
It's those pesky aliens.

Centuries ago, they surrounded the planet with a giant holographic array. It displays images of the sky, and is carefully calibrated so that whenever we look at any extraterrestrial object, the light that we think we're seeing from it is delayed by exactly the amount necessary to make us think that we're seeing it in delayed time. [This means that the aliens have gone to the extraordinary trouble of carefully adjusting every incoming photon, in order to ensure that the light we think we're seeing from every one of the moons, planets, nearby stars, space probes, and the 100,000,000,000 or so visible galaxies creates the illusion that we see in delayed time.]
It's not the aliens that have gone to extraordinary trouble to fool us in any way; it's man that's doing this to himself because of his acceptance of afferent vision. It's amazing what lengths people will go to in order to make an accepted theory that has graduated into fact (and why I'm getting all this backlash), fit the premise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger
They even intercept radio signals from our space probes and manned spacecraft, so as to create the same illusion. And they somehow undetectably manipulate the trajectories of all our space probes -- again, in order to create the illusion that we see in delayed time.
Who said anything about radio signals not being real? Of course they're real, but that doesn't mean we see images that are traveling on the waves of light (you know what I mean, so don't tell me this is a strawman), in the same way. And who said anything abut the trajectories being inaccurate. The calculations could be based on a light-time correction, not even realizing that they were correcting an original error.

Page generated in 0.11775 seconds with 11 queries