View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 PM
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun

Default Re: Pinterest, ladysplained.

In response to that TED talk, I used to be a hardcore wisher and I used to be really bad about it. I had this internal mantra that was "I would love (to) x." The modal construction of that is so toxic, I now realize. Adding "would" in there converts the verb "will" into an artificial past tense that has not yet happened. To me, that "would" translated into failure before I would ever begin. I had to train myself to stop using that phrase.

I love planning projects. I want to have all my duckies bill to tail and quacking in unison before I actually begin a project. I think that is partly the perfectionist in me, because that way I can avoid mistakes or working myself into a corner. I want to look at every angle to see the best way to do it. It drives Contra crazy because he the charge ahead type, and I want to take the time to think it out before we go. Also, once I am in the project I want to enjoy it. If I jump in without a plan, I start stressing over whether it will work or how it will look or cussing myself or the job out when things go to pot for something I overlooked.

I am really enjoying crowdsourcing with you guys and getting your input on things, too. I also feel like I am learning more and more about the things people like and stuff I had no idea we had in common. I find that awesome.

I did miss the miniature food though, ES. I am going to have to find that. Glad you found the Gypsy rose wagon though, :cheer:.

Page generated in 0.11342 seconds with 11 queries