Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
You need photons at the camera film when the Sun is first ignited.

Are they traveling photons? YES Good.

Did they come from the Sun? YES Good.

Did they get to the film by traveling? THIS IS WHERE THE CONFUSION STARTS Whose confusion? What is your answer?

Did they travel at the speed of light? LIGHT CAN ONLY TRAVEL AT C Is that a Yes?

Can they leave the Sun before it is ignited? THAT WAS NEVER IMPLIED Is that a No?

Can they arrive at the camera film less than 8min after leaving their source? ANOTHER SOURCE OF CONFUSION Again, whose confusion, and what is your answer?
I'm not weaseling Spacemonkey so stop accusing me of this. I answered all of your questions. I hope you're happy.
Thank you for making an effort. As you can see though, you've only answered the first two questions. I am refraining from calling you any names, and am simply asking you to continue being reasonable by properly answering the remaining questions:

You need photons at the camera film when the Sun is first ignited.

Did they get to the film by traveling?

NO, the light was at the film the instant the lens focused on the object.

Did they travel at the speed of light?

YES, photons travel at the speed of light. :doh:

Can they leave the Sun before it is ignited?

I answered this. NO they can't leave before the Sun is ignited, but as I said "distance" is not related to this account, so you're barking up the wrong tree Spacemonkey.

Can they arrive at the camera film less than 8min after leaving their source?
NO Spacemonkey. I know your reasoning, and it doesn't change a thing. You think this logic is going to back me against a wall for, according to you, there is nowhere to go. But you're wrong here. I have said that light travels, but the light does not bring the information that would allow us to form an image in the brain. That's number one. Number two is that the inverse square law would create such a distance between the nonabsorbed photons that we would never receive light that could be resolved into an image after 93 million miles; we would only get full spectrum light. :yawn:
:rofl:

Did you miss the posts from this morning, weasel? :lol:
David, contrary to your protestations othewise, you must be reading her posts, as that post had not yet been quoted by anyone else before you replied to it. YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR!!!!!!

Page generated in 0.07065 seconds with 11 queries