Thread: Documentaries
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 06:33 AM
Quality Contributor

Default Re: Documentaries

So I started with In the Shadow of the Palms and God, it's so depressing and outrageous it kept me awake tonight.

As I said it's an Australian documentary of Iraq prior, during and after Saddam's fall. It captures the day to day lifes of ordinary Iraqis and when you see what is currently going on in Iraq it leaves you helpless and furious. It's a total disgrace.

And then there's this one scene: After the first bombs, the team is present when Iraqis try to save a family from a collapsed house. They follow them to hospital where they film a little boy (maybe 7 or 8 years old) and his family. And you have to watch the kid die. Right in front of the camera. God damn it. Fucking outrageous.

This should be compulsory viewing. Especially in the "coalition" countries and even more so in the US and UK.

Fucking hell. Next up would be that Afghanistan documentary but maybe i should first inoculate myself by watching a dozen blockbusters first.

Page generated in 0.33956 seconds with 11 queries