Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
I like to finish with "Tung Oil", a light sanding before the last coat gives a real nice finish.

Biology/ Micro Biology with a Religion minor, should give you an interesting perspective on evolution.
I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I am a proponent of noma as laid it by Stephen Jay Gould. I am also a metaphysical naturalist. I happen to find religion interesting. I accept the fact and theory of evolution; to do otherwise would be ludicrous.
Yes, I believe that Punctuated equilibrium is the most reasonable version of evolution.

What I meant was that most people I have encountered believe that evolution and religion are incompatible. Fundamental Christians reject evolution as anti-biblical. Atheists, that I have encountered, have stated the they believe that all Christians reject Evolution. Perhaps we travel in different crowds and people that you know can accept both concepts (Christianity and Evolution) as valid. For myself I accept that God created the Universe and life, and evolution is how God did it.
I know a few atheists like that, but only a few. I personally have known quite a number of intelligent Christians who could compartmentalize their religious views from the scientific world. I worked with several very intelligent Christians when I was a laboratory analyst. Not all Christians believe the bible is the literal word of god. I know my dad, who was as devoted a Christian as can be, didn't. He always told us, "We don't know how long god's days are," when talking about the creation stories in Genesis. Evolution fit into that, he saw that as the way god created life.

Since I don't run through a checklist with everyone I meet to verify their views on different subjects, I am only aware of those who announce their views to the world. I'm not suggesting that you do, but many people have their beliefs, and unless the subject is broached in conversation, there is no mention of it. So while I know many people, there are many of those that I do not know their views on these subjects.

Page generated in 0.28075 seconds with 11 queries