Thread: News Miscellany
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Default Re: News Miscellany

This was from a newsletter from a spice import company, Penzey's Spices.

Quote:
Thanks so much for your overwhelmingly positive responses to our call for cooks to be a part of our Countdown to Thanksgiving400™ Catalog. A big part of our excitement for Thanksgiving400 is that it makes obvious that America is where it is today because of our tradition, set in motion over the summer of 1621 by the kindness of the Wampanoag people, of not just letting outsiders in, but of working to help newcomers succeed. It's pretty much why all of us are here, and without it there's no way we could have achieved our position of leadership in the world. Of course not all the responses to this message were positive. I read all responses, positive and negative, and I apologize for not having time to answer each one individually.

To those negative responses, what I can say is that yes, you can get opinions from Fox News and AM radio etc, but we can't get Spices from them. To do what we do, on the level we do it, we have to travel out into the real world and face it for the realities it holds. What you are watching and listening to are programs crafted to make you think the way they want you to think. Our job brings us face-to-face with reality, and our experience with the reality of the world has taught us that human goodness, and human kindness, have nothing to do with skin tone, orientation, or brand of religion. We know this. This is our experience. And we will continue to share it.

I am truly sorry if you can't continue to purchase spices from us because we share an experience at odds with the world view your programs encourage you to hold. For what it's worth, there's nothing we've found traveling the world that you can't also find in your own kitchen if you are willing to look. The lesson of cooking is when you care about people, and respect them for who they are, better futures get set in motion. Cooking really is the exact opposite of discrimination. One of the things I really like about Thanksgiving400 is that it takes place in 2021, after this election and the next one, at a point where our progressing demographics will have left us in a better place. Here's to more united times. Please know we will always be excited for your return.

Bill
Bill as in Bill Penzey.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (09-09-2016), BrotherMan (09-09-2016), Ensign Steve (09-08-2016), lisarea (09-08-2016), livius drusus (09-08-2016), Pan Narrans (09-08-2016), S.Vashti (09-15-2016), slimshady2357 (09-09-2016), Sock Puppet (09-20-2016), SR71 (09-14-2016), Stormlight (09-09-2016), The Man (09-08-2016), Watser? (09-08-2016)

Page generated in 0.09247 seconds with 11 queries