Thread: DC Nation
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Tellifying

Default Re: DC Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei yau View Post
But, there was one cameo that brought a tear to my eye. At first, I wasn't sure that I'd actually seen them and had to rewind and pause to be sure. But, I was right, there they were.

Icon and Rocket.

Why this touch me so much? Not only because they are awesome heroes, who are undeservedly unrecognized. No, I got emotional because of Dwayne McDuffie, their creator. He had died earlier this year due to complications from heart surgery.

He also was one of the creators of the Milestone Universe, a too-short-lived family of titles from the DC Universe. Yes, they were "minority" heroes and that was the gimmick, but more importantly they were really well-created characters.

McDuffie was also an instrumental part of the Justice League Unlimited, the highly regarded DC animated series before Young Justice. I saw this cameo as a nod towards him for his work.
So, I forgot to mention when I talked about the latest episode of Young Justice that we saw Rocket make another cameo. I watched this right after watching Justice League: Doom, which had a nice tribute to Dwayne McDuffie.

Well, there are some rumors that either Static or Rocket may be joining YJ. Personally, I'm hoping for Rocket.

Page generated in 0.37427 seconds with 11 queries