View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 11:22 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: Why the Mainstream Media Really Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
endlessly blaming the news media, especially the New York Times, and of course Comey, for Hillary’s defeat, when the only one to blame is Hillary
So basically you're agreeing with what I said sarcastically. If not for Hillary, everything would be better for Democrats.
Quote:
and those like Erimir who foisted her upon us
I did this with my no donations and voting in the very last primary, after the nomination was decided. And not being an editor at a "major daily". My powers astound even me.
Quote:
As I patiently explained to Erimir in early 2016, a very plausible scenario would have Trump hanging on to the traditional Red states and then plucking off a few Rust Belt states and he wins! This was met with sneers.
Was the sneering that this was a plausible scenario of Trump winning, or was it just that it didn't seem like Trump was going to win? You know I trust the quants like 538... which is why I did sneer at the idea that Bernie had any chance of winning the nomination after Super Tuesday or at least after mid-March... But those Midwest states were at the top of the "tipping point" states basically the whole election. So I'm pretty sure I didn't sneer at the idea that they might decide the election if it were close.
Quote:
But, no — it was Hillary’s turn!
More dishonest straw men, of course. Why are you so dishonest?
Quote:
I’m sure Erimir will now prepare a long response, but you might spare yourself the hassle because I won’t even read, much less respond to it.
You keep saying that, yet you clearly read and responded to my last post in this thread :lol:

Not writing particularly more than you tho.
Quote:
You might ask yourself how much you have in common with Trump and his supporters who hate the news media, especially The New York Times, as much as you do.
And you know who else was a vegetarian? That's right: Hitler!
Quote:
Of course, we “know,” from you guys, that The Times and the rest of the news media didn't cover Hillary’s policy proposals at all — that claim has actually been made here!
Not literally. But of course, dishonestly pretending not to understand hyperbole is your whole shtick, while liberally employing it yourself.
Quote:
I, personally, as an editor for the major daily that you and Trump despise, edited enough articles about Hillary’s specific policy proposals to choke a fucking horse. Please don’t condescend to tell me what I did or did not do, or what other professional journalists did or did not do. You have no clue what we do, nor how hard we work.
And so your insistence that only Hillary is to blame and the media is not finally makes sense - you're just trying to protect yourself and your friends.

If you also edited dozens of articles about Hillary Clinton's email server, most of which went on the front page, I would tell you that you were part of a team that did a shitty job with the 2016 election and that you are more to blame for Trump's election than probably anyone on this board. All your whining that I'm to blame for for Trump because I argued irrelevantly with friends and acquaintances and you were actually in a position to influence coverage at a "major daily". A bit Trumpian in that projection, eh?

But maybe you'd like to cherry-pick five or ten more stories as evidence that millions of election related articles were balanced in their coverage. I hope they don't have you editing articles about data analysis or statistics :lol: because based on that and your embrace of Bernie math from the primaries, you have no business doing any quantitative analysis.
Quote:
So stop lying, eh?
:ironymeter:
Thanks, from:
slimshady2357 (06-05-2018), Sock Puppet (06-05-2018), The Man (06-05-2018)

Page generated in 0.35155 seconds with 11 queries