View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 07:12 AM
here to bore you with pictures

Default Re: Movies that aren't really BAD -- but aren't very good, either

I binged the remaining Purge movies. (pun intended)

They don't get any less ridiculous, but they get better.

"The Purge: Anarchy" is about a police officer planning to get revenge for his son's death during the Purge, but runs into a bunch of complications, which include saving a young white couple who get stranded in the city and a mother and daughter whose building get raided by a very organized force.

This was a tense action movie right until the very end, when it reminded me that this script thinks we're stupid, and so it has to spell out what was obvious through the entire movie.

Otherwise, this movie ladles on the crazy - Anarchy is a good subtitle.

"The Purge: Election Year" is a more coherent story. A Senator is running for President on an anti-Purge campaign, so of course, the government plans a hit on her during it.

The police officer from "Anarchy" is now her head of security and he saves her from the initial attempt, but then they're on the run in the middle of the city during the Purge. They run into some well meaning people and the anti-government resistance, and eventually America is saved.

So, I enjoyed both of these more than they kind of deserve. Still, they serve up a lot of effective imagery throughout the movie. There's a lot of gruesome fun in there, too.
Thanks, from:
Ari (01-22-2019), BrotherMan (01-22-2019), Crumb (01-22-2019), Ensign Steve (01-22-2019), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-22-2019), Limoncello (01-22-2019), slimshady2357 (01-22-2019), Stormlight (01-22-2019)

Page generated in 0.33268 seconds with 11 queries