Thread: News Miscellany
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: News Miscellany

If I tried to press charges against you for having sex with my sister, your lawyers would not bother arguing that you didn't have sex with my sister. They would argue that it's not a crime to have sex with someone's sister in the first place, so there's no need to discuss anything beyond that. Or have a need for discovery or sworn testimony.

That is not an admission that you had sex with anyone, it is proper legal strategy.

You might as well say that refusing to let the police search your house without a warrant means you're hiding something illegal.

But like I said. Very selective skepticism and benefit of the doubt. You don't apply similar reasoning to Assange or Russia or Trump, it seems.

It's a deranged Russiagate "Red Scare" (never mind that Putin is a right-wing authoritarian, not a Communist or a left-winger in any sense, let's call it a Red Scare to smear people who disagree as right-wing) when it comes to Trump and Russia. The fact that Trump has fired people because he wanted to interfere with the Russia investigation, that he doesn't want to release the full Mueller report, that his sons have mentioned on multiple occasions how much of their money and business comes from Russia, that he coincidentally won't release his tax returns like every other president/presidential candidate for decades, that members of his campaign repeatedly met with Russian operatives including ones offering political dirt "as part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump", that they repeatedly lied about the existence and purpose of these meetings, that Trump meets with Putin without typically associated aides or record-keepers, that the only change his campaign made to the RNC platform was one favorable to Putin, etc. all of THAT adds up to a media hysteria, rather than very good reasons to suspect Trump and to investigate.

But the DNC didn't respond to a spurious lawsuit by giving over all their documents and having dozens of employees testifying for hours to prove that the plaintiffs' claims were false and instead pointed out that the plaintiffs' suit had no legal basis. The DNC is guilty because they argued (correctly) that what they were accused of wasn't illegal in the first place. But it's hysteria and "red-baiting" to think there's something scandalous with Trump and Russia (even if it's not something Trump can be indicted for).

It seems if Trump were the DNC, you'd have declared him guilty as fuck as soon as the Trump Tower emails came out, if not earlier.

Last edited by erimir; 04-12-2019 at 09:05 PM.
Thanks, from:
slimshady2357 (04-12-2019), The Man (04-12-2019)

Page generated in 0.13740 seconds with 11 queries