Thread: Good King Trump
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Default Re: Good King Trump

Well of course they can't hire good help. Good help expects to get paid; there's no way it'd serve a horror show like this administration for free.

Which specific tweet was it, btw? Your link goes to her feed.

Plus:

:ohsnap:

Also, too (via LGM), Yglesias makes a good observation:

Quote:
But there is still such a thing as common sense. I don’t believe Trump Jr.’s account, and neither should you. He’s a man with negative credibility on this matter, and despite his father’s talismanic invocation of the word “transparency,” he’s been anything but transparent about it.

It’s certainly conceivable that he’s telling the truth and no valuable information changed hands. But when you are caught lying over and over again about a meeting — first by saying it never happened and then slowly being caught out in lie after lie — a reasonable observer is going to doubt you when you claim that this time you’ve fully come clean.

Until Trump Jr. answers a lot more questions and produces a lot more information, there’s no reason to assume good faith on his part. The benefit of the doubt is a valuable commodity, and it’s one that those at the highest levels of Trumpland have squandered.

[…]

But as the old saying says, fool me twice, shame on me. Trump Jr. has already tried to fool us four or five times about this meeting, and there’s absolutely no reason we should trust him. Fox News, tellingly, has in part already moved on to justifying collusion, showing little faith from Trumpworld that the denials of collusion will hold up over the long run. Those of us who aren’t in the tank ought to muster at least the same level of skepticism.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe
Thanks, from:
Crumb (07-15-2017), JoeP (07-15-2017), lisarea (07-15-2017), Nullifidian (07-16-2017), Sock Puppet (07-17-2017)

Page generated in 0.16740 seconds with 11 queries