View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 01:46 AM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Default Re: Ultimate Cagefight MMXIX, Democratic Edition

Quote:
Sanders' strength may be even greater than the maps show, however, as the Times admitted that "information about donors giving $200 or less directly to a campaign is not available."
…wait, then do those figures about the number of donors above exclude donors giving $200 or fewer? It seems rather unlikely that this many people have already donated more than $200. (And does the FTFNYT even employ copy editors any longer? Less/fewer is pretty basic stuff. I will admit to not having opened the FTFNYT article; I don’t want to give them clicks.)

Anyway, the fact that Gabbard and Yang are polling better than Inslee shows that even Democrats aren’t always sensible. (And this is coming from someone who agrees with Yang’s points on automation and Universal Basic Income.) I’ll place part of the blame for this on the media – the fact that a popular governor of a fairly large West Coast state has been largely ignored speaks to what I’m going to assume is an East Coast bias on the part of the media, since the other interpretation is that they just don’t want to cover someone who’s giving climate change the attention it deserves.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe

Last edited by The Man; 08-04-2019 at 02:21 AM.
Thanks, from:
SR71 (08-04-2019)

Page generated in 0.22606 seconds with 11 queries