Shitpost Sommelier

Default Re: Good King Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Damn fine post.
+1 thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
I also think that half of the criticism of Trump from the intelligence chiefs is because Trump does a couple simultaneous things that piss them off:
1. He doesn't package his lies the way former intelligence chiefs and former administrations have; they want to give a shine of legitimacy and jingoism and gravitas to the war machine of America; Trump's fucking up their good thing.
2. Trump doesn't read off the same script regarding our foreign occupations and wars, and openly suggests things that scare the shit out of these war hawks- Democrats and Republicans alike- things like removing the 30,000 US troops from Korea, that have been stationed there for six decades, or pulling the US entirely out of Afghanistan, where the US has had troops for 16 years.
3. Trump scares them because he is deeply, profoundly ignorant person who doesn't understand basic concepts about warfare and diplomacy and chooses to remain ignorant; in this I am in agreement- that's scary as fuck.
A few stray thoughts on this part.

-Can't find the source but read somewhere a spook described Trump thus (Paraphrase): He pissed off the wrong people and will die in jail.

-Around that time was the Steele Dossier thing. Everyone remembers the Pee Pee tapes but there was so much more in there. Much of it looks more and more true as time goes on. According to a friend of mine who grew up with some second hand contact with Intelligence Community (IC) spookery described that as a beautiful piece of IC work. A mixture of probably true things and plausible bullshit. My friend said the Steele Dossier was the IC's way of wagging their dick at Trump by way of warning. A reasonable man with some shady connections would take heed. But this is Donald Trump. The kind of man who would take the Evil Overlord List and misinterpret it as a kind of to-do list.

-The Memorial Wall speech.

-The last time a sitting president pissed off the IC there was a bit of a thing in Dallas.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (08-22-2018), Ensign Steve (08-23-2018), JoeP (08-22-2018), Pan Narrans (08-22-2018), Sock Puppet (08-22-2018), Stephen Maturin (08-22-2018), The Man (08-22-2018)

Page generated in 0.17027 seconds with 11 queries