View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 06:35 AM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Default Re: Responsible Gun Owners Thrad

Mother Jones ran a very depressing exposé about some of the sociopaths who harass women who advocate for gun control:
Quote:
As Longdon sat waiting for her flight, a screen in the concourse showed footage of the press conference. A tall, thin man standing nearby stared at Longdon, then back at the screen. Then he walked up to Longdon and spat in her face. No one else blinked.

Longdon was shocked and embarrassed, she told me, but she didn’t falter. “Wow, aren’t you a big man,” she said as he turned and walked away. Instead of calling for security, she wheeled herself to a restroom to clean herself off. She was tired—she lives with constant physical pain—and didn’t want to miss her flight.

After a fundraiser one night during the program, Longdon returned home around 10 p.m., parked her ramp-equipped van and began unloading herself. As she wheeled up to her house, a man stepped out of the shadows. He was dressed in black and had a rifle, “like something out of a commando movie,” Longdon told me. He took aim at her and pulled the trigger. Longdon was hit with a stream of water. “Don’t you wish you had a gun now, bitch?” he scoffed before taking off.
She was also subjected to threats of rape and murder, of course.

If you're like me and can't handle news like this without snark, Wonkette has you covered. Meanwhile, John Cole asks the million-dollar question.

edit: also, too, bonus story:

SC woman fires shot at friend to test his bulletproof vest but she misses, and he’s dead

Beyond the soooooooper genius involved in testing a bulletproof vest while someone is wearing it (note: they just protect from puncture wounds even if the bullet actually hits the vest, they don't prevent you from dying from internal bleeding sustained from the impact of the bullet), there's also the crippling levels of dumb involved in the fact that "testing" a bulletproof vest ruins it. As in, once it's been hit with a bullet, it won't work again.

Darwin Award candidate right here.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe

Last edited by The Man; 05-16-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Thanks, from:
Adam (05-16-2014), Janet (05-16-2014), lisarea (05-16-2014), Nullifidian (05-28-2014), Pan Narrans (05-16-2014), Watser? (05-16-2014), Zehava (05-16-2014)

Page generated in 0.34267 seconds with 11 queries