View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Default Re: Trumphole starts another fucking fire

Let me introduce Daniel Pipes and the Middle East Forum into the discussion. I have no idea if he's as influential as he claims to be, but I have been following him for a while now and his shit is frightening and, in the context of Trump's Whitehouse, worryingly ascendent.

Achieving Peace Through Israeli Victory :: Daniel Pipes

From the linkI'd like to suggest a new paradigm, putting the negotiating one completely to the side. It rejects the old idea of bringing Israelis and Palestinians together and, basically, the Israelis trying, or the Americans pushing the Israelis, to accommodate the Palestinians ...

I would like to see an Israeli victory and a Palestinian defeat. The Middle East Forum calls this the Israel Victory Project.

[...]I'm pleased to report that we now have 32 members of the House, a bipartisan group co-chaired by Ron DeSantis of Florida (who I'm sorry to note has left the room), Bill Johnson of Ohio, and Juan Vargas of California, and we're building all the time. We are building the political base. We now have 16 members in the Knesset Israel Victory Caucus coming from all six Zionist parties, opposition and government, every party but Meretz, the Arab Joint List and the Haredim. At the same time, we're also building an intellectual base, working with allies in think tanks, sponsoring research: what precisely does victory mean? How is it to be effected? What are the implications?

[...]And by the way, it's in that context that we can move the embassy to Jerusalem. So long as it's merely a matter of bureaucratic neat-keeping, because all our embassies are in capitals and this one isn't, it's not going to happen, will never happen. But once it's put into the context of sending a signal to the Palestinians that we are standing with Israel and that they should forget trying to break this bond, then moving the embassy to Jerusalem will send a message, be meaningful, and be worth the trouble.

Last edited by mickthinks; 01-06-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Thanks, from:
The Man (01-06-2018)

Page generated in 0.34154 seconds with 11 queries