View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 05:40 PM
Admin

Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherMan View Post
Ready Player One

:ff: shorthand: It's p much an embodiment of everything pea derides in the Guilty Pleasures thrad. It is chock full of references that just about any child of the rpg/computer/movie/television age will understand and love. With that in mind, I enjoyed it.

The story is set in the near future where some named and other unnamed disasters has changed society. Also, an overarching virtual reality system contents the masses when its creator dies and leaves 250 billion dollars to the person (or persons, I guess) who can solve the riddles, find three keys and collect the ultimate video game easter egg.

If you at one time enjoyed AD&D, early computers and gaming systems, 1980s pop culture and things along those lines, it might be a fun read just to be reminded of the things you may or may not remember from those heady days of yore.
A couple of my coworkers were talking about this the other day, and then by coincidence I needed to get rid of some credits I had with Audible so I bought it. A few chapters in I went and bought the paperback because my 15 minute morning commute wasn't giving me enough time to enjoy it, but I just started having Alexa read it to me in the morning and evenings. I liked it a lot for all the reasons I was supposed to like it, and I'm very excited about the Spielberg adaptation coming out in March.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (10-28-2017), The Man (10-29-2017)

Page generated in 0.14765 seconds with 11 queries