View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: Fucking education! How does it work?

Quote:
Right. I'm just saying that, to Dragar's point, it's not as though we typically leave it up to the judgment of 15 year olds.
Except that we do exactly that, at least wrt to specifically calculus, the original example.

At my high school, we had to choose a vocational course of study, general, or college prep when we were in 9th grade. We had to choose whether to take the ACT, SAT, both or neither when we were 15. Those decisions then led to decisions about after graduation, much of which had to be started while still in school: Do you want to apply to a military academy, if so which one, how many recommendations are required and who will give them to you? 4 year university, where, what do they require? Community College? Scholarships?
Quote:
Appropriate experts. :tmhappy:

I know it sounds sort of flip but, seriously, I think the decision as to what classes to offer should be made by professional educators who know more than I do about the subject.
That would be great if they all agreed, but they don't, so we are back at the beginning

Page generated in 0.22171 seconds with 11 queries