Thread: Rock Me Tonite
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 11:52 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

Default Re: Rock Me Tonite

I considered him to be on the better end of butt-rock. His songs could be catchy, but they were still butt-rock; basically a Sammy Hagar with a Robert Plantish voice. And like most butt-rock (I really like saying butt-rock), he never seemed to get above mid-grade celebrity status. So yeah, I doubt one video ruined him, considering he was just sort of bobbing along, popularity-wise. I don't remember a single peep out of the media questioning his sexuality, nor even a single dudebro saying "Billy Squier's a fag." The only thing worse than being talked about, etc.

BTW, I do remember him bitching about having his name spelled wrong (it's Squier, not the more conventional Squire). Seriously, I remember that, yet no discussion of his sexuality.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
Janet (08-27-2015), Qingdai (06-26-2018), specious_reasons (08-27-2015), SR71 (08-27-2015)

Page generated in 0.19940 seconds with 11 queries