Thread: Gadgetry
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: Gadgetry

Oh my!

I have been having some flashlight turmoil in my life recently, and am still in the process of trying to get back to normal. I have these little mid-sized flashlights that I used the most frequently that all just stopped working and/or disappeared, and I don't even know.

Currently, my carrying around flashlights are just one stupid little single LED thing that seems kind of pointless. I mean, it's little, but it's too big for a single LED. I don't see the real benefit of that over one of those little squeeze lights. Whatever. It's in my purse. The other carrying one is on a tiny little multitool on my keychain:

http://www.swisstechtools.com/proddetail.aspx?pid=35

I'm still in the market for a good carrying flashlight, though. I used to have one I really liked that was a small telescoping, bendy neck I think 3 LED flashlight with a laser pointer and a magnet on the bottom. I have one sort of like that still, but it's like 7" long, which is too big to carry around all the time. It's really weird, because for a while there, it seemed like those little pen-sized ones were everywhere, as $5 impulse purchases at drug stores and gas stations, but it's been a long time. I don't get it. Those were great little flashlights. And totally perfect for if you needed to open up a computer, because you could anchor it with the magnet and point it at the specific area you needed to get to.

I have a Leatherman Super Tool 200 that I keep in the glove compartment mostly because if I were to keep it in my purse, I'm afraid I'd forget it was there and get it confiscated somewhere. Also it's pretty big for something to carry around everywhere.

I am really looking forward to seeing how these come out:

Tread - Leatherman / LED Lenser

First, I want to wait and see what the TSA and other security types actually do about them, and second, I'm slightly concerned that they're only showing them on man wrists. I wear men's watches, and I always end up using the last hole on the bands and even then, sometimes they're a little too big for my tiny little lady wrists. (I wouldn't want the watch attachment on the Tread, because I do not wear non-atomic watches anyway, but also because it would make it even bigger.)

I also carry my charger, dumb phone, and sometimes my tablet and OTG adapter with a thumb drive where I keep extra files. And sometimes my MP3 player, which is a Sansa c250 with Rockbox on it. And my earbuds. (I wove embroidery floss on the cords to keep them from tangling, which looks pretty stupid but it works.)

And I just bought a box of 12 fine point Uniball Jetstream ball point pens because they're the greatest pens, so I have one of those in there too. Plus usually some kind of little notebook. (I have a moleskine in my bag, but it gives me performance anxiety, like it's all expensive and I don't want to write stupid things in it, you know? So I only use like $2 notebooks where I can tear out pages that are too stupid even for a $2 notebook.)

And I always have a cocoa butter stick (not pure cocoa butter, though, because that is too waxy) with me to use as hand lotion and lip balm.

Also Clinique black honey lipstick in case I have the emergency of having to talk to any handsome men.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (01-30-2015), Dingfod (01-30-2015), JoeP (01-30-2015), specious_reasons (01-30-2015), SR71 (01-31-2015)

Page generated in 0.13031 seconds with 11 queries