View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 02:27 AM
California Sober

Default Re: Ensign Steve waxes philosophical on the Singularity, a thrad by Ensign Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
THE FUCK, STEVE! WHAT THE HELL? NO, YOU CAN'T GO TO JAMAICA. YOU ARE BUSY TALKING ABOUT THE SINGULARITY.
I know, right?!

No, seriously, you don't know how badly I need to disconnect from the matrix and get the fuck out of dodge right now. No email, no phone, no facebook, no homework, no programming, no deadlines. I guess that's why they call it a vacation! Also just to get somewhere where the days aren't so short and I can feel the sun on my skin. I has a SAD. :sadcheer:

Quote:
And that's just comparing an AI with individual humangs. AIs also take advantage of the wisdom of crowds.
That has a lot to do with where I was hoping to eventually land. No one person knowing how the whole thing works, a network of builders crowdsourcing their work, and there emerges from that this global consciousness that is more knowledgable on the whole than any one individual. Like, instead of the AI being this separate thing that we can communicate with face to face, instead of a we're an essential part if it, like termites in a colony, or a collection functional proteins with specialized tasks working together to build and maintain the whole. An earth-sized cyborg brain just humming about in space, learning things about itself...

GAH! I don't have time for this shit right now. I'm trying to pack. :shakefist:
BrotherMan (12-08-2012), Crumb (12-08-2012), LadyShea (12-08-2012), lisarea (12-08-2012), viscousmemories (12-17-2012)

Page generated in 0.11260 seconds with 11 queries