Old 07-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
OK, here is your OP for Talk Rats:

Hi, everyone, I'd like to discuss a set of discoveries made by an author who died in 1991. The first is a philosophical discovery: why we lack free will, and how, when the reason for this is properly understood, a profound change in human relations is entailed. The second discovery has to do with light and sight, and has philosophical implications that tie in with the first discovery. The third discovery has to do with death and the nature of of consciousness. Taken as a whole, the three discoveries have profound ramifications.

See how nice and concise that is? You should have let me edit Lessans' book. :yup:
I didn't see this OP when I first came online. I like it. :wink: The only thing I don't like is that you call his first discovery philosophical, which it's not. It was born out of philosophical thought, but it's factual David whether you believe it or not. That's why you never listened carefully, and why you resort to other theories on this subject like Norman Schwartz, thinking this somehow negates the proof of determinism.
So take out the word "philosophical." :shrug:

Oh, and Norman Swartz is not a "theory." :D

Page generated in 0.15257 seconds with 11 queries