#576  
Old 01-03-2017, 01:04 AM
erimir's Avatar
erimir erimir is offline
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dee Cee
Gender: Male
Posts: XMMMCCXXVI
Images: 11
Default Re: News Miscellany

Yeah, if the argument relies on the claim that the DNC rigged the primaries and that the "real source" of the hacks was definitely not Russia, I'm not going to consider it "pragmatic".
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (01-03-2017)
  #577  
Old 01-03-2017, 01:07 AM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMDLXXXIX
Default Re: News Miscellany

Ok, good luck convincing the rest of the world of that then.
__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 01-03-2017, 01:14 AM
erimir's Avatar
erimir erimir is offline
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dee Cee
Gender: Male
Posts: XMMMCCXXVI
Images: 11
Default Re: News Miscellany

Oh ok, the DNC won't "rig" the primaries next time. What exactly did they do to "rig" them anyway?

Apparently, the pragmatic solution for Democrats is to ignore that a crime occurred and accept libelous claims about their party.

The fact that you continue to recommend sources that credulously repeat conspiracy theories that actually aid the right-wing you claim to oppose does not make you the woke one aware of what's "really" going on.

Maybe you'll become concerned if he starts helping Wilders?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (01-03-2017)
  #579  
Old 01-03-2017, 01:18 AM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMDLXXXIX
Default Re: News Miscellany

Libelous claims is good. Whoever did the hacking, the emails were real.

But whatever, keep going there and see how far it gets you.
__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 01-03-2017, 01:23 AM
erimir's Avatar
erimir erimir is offline
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dee Cee
Gender: Male
Posts: XMMMCCXXVI
Images: 11
Default Re: News Miscellany

Right, the emails were real so it's not necessary to explain how they're evidence of rigging the primary.

The fact that their internal emails weren't public and involved petty sniping is evidence enough that the primary election was stolen :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (01-03-2017)
  #581  
Old 01-03-2017, 01:46 AM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMDLXXXIX
Default Re: News Miscellany

Like I said, good luck with convincing the rest of the world that your petty partisan sniping is good for the country and the world...
__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
  #582  
Old 01-03-2017, 01:50 AM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMDLXXXIX
Default Re: News Miscellany

As for Wilders, there are foreign parties funding Wilders. Nobody gives a single fuck.
__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
  #583  
Old 01-03-2017, 04:43 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
I'm a regular Victor Victoria
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: VMMCCCXIII
Default Re: News Miscellany

I'm not sure what convincing us non voting foreigners of anything will actually do.

About all we can do is batten down the hatches for Hurricane Trump, remember cancellation insurance on any trip we may be considering in case El Presidente talks smack about our specific countries prior to departure, and mockery. Lots and lots of mockery. Maybe a few nukes.
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
JoeP (01-03-2017)
  #584  
Old 01-03-2017, 07:11 AM
erimir's Avatar
erimir erimir is offline
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dee Cee
Gender: Male
Posts: XMMMCCXXVI
Images: 11
Default Re: News Miscellany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
Like I said, good luck with convincing the rest of the world that your petty partisan sniping is good for the country and the world...
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Part of the argument was basically that "at any rate, it's good that the revealed the DNC's nefarious election rigging, so they should quit complaining about the hacking that revealed it."

There was no election rigging*, and there is no benefit to progressives in promoting such lies. Notice that Sanders, although he has not shot down such conspiracy theories to an appropriate level (in my opinion), never claimed that he would've won the primaries if not for the DNC. He has never explicitly promoted the idea that primaries were stolen (he did promote the idea that the DNC was biased). People who worked on his campaign have more explicitly argued against such claims. The reason he and they do not promote such ideas is that there is no benefit to the country or to the left in promoting such conspiracy theories.

There is if you think that destroying the center-left is more important than resisting and defeating the right-wing nutjobs, I suppose. Or if Bernie wanted to promote his own brand to the detriment of the broader left coalition.

But given that the reality is that a defeat for the nutjobs in the Republican Party runs through the Democratic Party (the center-left and the left need to work together to be able to win elections, as it turns out, since neither is a majority on their own), promoting lies that imply that the Democratic Party is corrupt to the core would seem to be counterproductive, no?

But sure, your petty partisan sniping isn't really petty partisan sniping. When I criticize you for it, that's the real petty partisan sniping.

Regardless of how difficult you think it is to convince the world that the DNC didn't rig the primaries, it's nonetheless not pragmatic nor progressive to promote lies about the DNC. Which is what that stupid little editorial did.

*And no, scheduling two of nine debates on Saturdays is not election rigging. No, Hillary Clinton being told that a forum in Flint would have a question about the Flint water crisis is not election rigging. No, DNC staff members floating the idea of highlighting that Sanders is not religious and then not doing it is not election rigging. No, DNC staff members talking shit about Bernie Sanders and people who have been attacking them for being biased is not election rigging, particularly given that this occurred after it was nearly mathematically impossible for him to win anyway. This is pretty much the extent of the nefarious activity uncovered, yet I'm supposed to accept that it's "obvious" that they rigged it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
As for Wilders, there are foreign parties funding Wilders. Nobody gives a single fuck.
Do you give a single fuck about it?

Last edited by erimir; 01-03-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (01-03-2017)
  #585  
Old 01-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMDLXXXIX
Default Re: News Miscellany

I give a fuck but there's nothing I can do about it, even with actual evidence, so whatever.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post
I'm not sure what convincing us non voting foreigners of anything will actually do.
It might help if you are gonna start a diplomatic war.
__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
  #586  
Old 01-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMDLXXXIX
Default Re: News Miscellany

Israeli PM stops pretending...

Netanyahu supports pardon for convicted Hebron shooter Elor Azaria - Israel News - Haaretz.com

Convicted murderer, even Israeli court couldn't not convict him.
__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-05-2017), ceptimus (01-09-2017), Janet (01-05-2017), JoeP (01-05-2017), Limoncello (01-04-2017), SR71 (01-05-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-04-2017), The Man (01-04-2017)
  #587  
Old 01-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
I'm a regular Victor Victoria
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: VMMCCCXIII
Default Re: News Miscellany

Newly sworn-in Roane County Sheriff Bo Williams arrested Tuesday
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-05-2017), slimshady2357 (01-05-2017), SR71 (01-05-2017), The Man (01-05-2017)
  #588  
Old 01-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMDLXXXIX
Default Re: News Miscellany

Quote:
UN's humanitarian coordinator Jan Egeland said that 5.5 million people had their water supplies cut or minimized after supply from the Wadi Barada spring was disrupted.

GENEVA (Sputnik) — Some 5.5 million people in Damascus have little to no access to water after supply from the Wadi Barada spring was disrupted, UN's humanitarian coordinator Jan Egeland said Thursday.
Damascus Water Shortage Threatens 5.5Mln People, May Trigger Epidemic

And by saying 'was disrupted' he avoids saying 'the terrorists of Jabhat Fatah al-Sham aka al-Qaeda cut it off on purpose'.
__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-05-2017), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-05-2017), SR71 (01-05-2017), The Man (01-05-2017)
  #589  
Old 01-05-2017, 07:17 PM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMDLXXXIX
Default Re: News Miscellany

Israel Firsters intend to take diplomats hostage until the US embassy is illegally moved to occupied Jerusalem.

Quote:
Three Republican senators — including two former presidential candidates who’ve long criticized former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for the attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi — introduced a bill on Tuesday that would halve funds for embassy security, construction and maintenance until the next president moves the U.S. Embassy in Israel to the disputed city of Jerusalem.

The measure, introduced by Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Dean Heller (R-Nev.) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas), would scrap a waiver that three successive presidents have used to ignore a bipartisan 1995 law that required the embassy to move from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem by 1999 or face funding cuts. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), who co-sponsored the 1995 bill, still supports moving the embassy, but didn’t immediately respond to a question about whether he supports the new bill.
GOP Bill Would Slash Diplomatic Security Funds Unless Trump Moves U.S. Embassy To Jerusalem | The Huffington Post
__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-06-2017), Crumb (01-05-2017), SR71 (01-05-2017), The Man (01-05-2017)
  #590  
Old 01-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
I'm a regular Victor Victoria
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: VMMCCCXIII
Default Re: News Miscellany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
Israel Firsters intend to take diplomats hostage until the US embassy is illegally moved to occupied Jerusalem.

Quote:
Three Republican senators — including two former presidential candidates who’ve long criticized former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for the attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi — introduced a bill on Tuesday that would halve funds for embassy security, construction and maintenance until the next president moves the U.S. Embassy in Israel to the disputed city of Jerusalem.

The measure, introduced by Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Dean Heller (R-Nev.) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas), would scrap a waiver that three successive presidents have used to ignore a bipartisan 1995 law that required the embassy to move from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem by 1999 or face funding cuts. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), who co-sponsored the 1995 bill, still supports moving the embassy, but didn’t immediately respond to a question about whether he supports the new bill.
GOP Bill Would Slash Diplomatic Security Funds Unless Trump Moves U.S. Embassy To Jerusalem | The Huffington Post
A whole new batch of literal murderers should anything untoward happen.

Who am I kidding? It would all be on Schumer because Democrat.
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Janet (01-06-2017), SR71 (01-05-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-05-2017), The Man (01-05-2017), Watser? (01-05-2017)
  #591  
Old 01-05-2017, 10:46 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: News Miscellany

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
There was no election rigging*, and there is no benefit to progressives in promoting such lies.
Dude, like 90% of democrats fully acknowledge the primaries were rigged for Clinton, they even excuse it with 'the party can do what it wants'!

The reason your team lost, and we now have a buffoon for President, is because of liberals like yourself refusing to acknowledge facts everyone can openly see, then calling it a conspiracy theory.

For eight years you guys called everyone and anyone that disagreed with the president's policies a racist. This is why you lost, now you are doubling down.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Old 01-05-2017, 11:03 PM
erimir's Avatar
erimir erimir is offline
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dee Cee
Gender: Male
Posts: XMMMCCXXVI
Images: 11
Default Re: News Miscellany

If I were more pragmatic, I would surely give Jerome more fodder for smearing Democrats. I'm sure the path to victory is paved with lies characterizing our party as corrupt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
There was no election rigging*, and there is no benefit to progressives in promoting such lies.
like 90% of democrats fully acknowledge the primaries were rigged for Clinton
No.
Quote:
they even excuse it with 'the party can do what it wants'!
And no.

But the quality of the evidence you presented (that being "no evidence") is noted.
Quote:
The reason your team lost [...] is because of liberals like yourself refusing to acknowledge facts everyone can openly see
If these facts are so openly seen, what color are they?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-06-2017), The Man (01-05-2017)
  #593  
Old 01-06-2017, 12:55 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: News Miscellany

Do you know what the Super Delegates are?

You can go back and check my posts, because during the primaries I told you it was rigged for Clinton. Democrats admitted it, saying its okay because its their primary and they can rig it any way they want.

Again, you are not seeing what you are doing here. The Sanders voters know full well it was rigged, your denial is telling them you don't want them in your party. Are you trying to lose 30% of a generation, 'cause thats what you are doing.

This is why you lost, your only game is to call names and blatantly lie.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #594  
Old 01-06-2017, 01:04 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: News Miscellany

Just one example:

Delegates Count* Pct.

Bernie Sanders (7) 55.7%

Hillary Clinton (11) 44.3%


:popcorn: . :chin: . :wave:


Wyoming Democratic caucuses, 2016 - Wikipedia
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #595  
Old 01-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMDLXXXIX
Default Re: News Miscellany

In more miscellaneous and more newsy news:

Mosul Dam could collapse at any minute 'killing 1.5 million people' | The Independent

Flooding 1,5 million people it says in the article. But still.
__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-06-2017), But (01-07-2017), The Man (01-06-2017)
  #596  
Old 01-06-2017, 10:07 PM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMDLXXXIX
Default Re: News Miscellany

In Syria it seems there's been some decision in the Pentagon to actually start killing al-Qaeda instead of (at least passively) supporting them. This is one of a couple of drone/air strikes in Idlib lately.

Senior jihadist commander killed by US drone strike in northern Syria
__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-06-2017), ceptimus (01-09-2017), The Man (01-06-2017)
  #597  
Old 01-07-2017, 03:50 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
I'm a regular Victor Victoria
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: VMMCCCXIII
Default Re: News Miscellany

So Toomey wants to defund Planned Parenthood. Lady calls office to ask why. Male staffer complains she's being too graphic with her descriptions.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/philly-wo...d-was-graphic/
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (01-07-2017), Janet (01-07-2017), JoeP (01-07-2017), lisarea (01-07-2017), Pan Narrans (01-07-2017), The Man (01-07-2017), Watser? (01-07-2017)
  #598  
Old 01-07-2017, 04:53 AM
Ari's Avatar
Ari Ari is offline
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCMLII
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: News Miscellany

Hmm here in SF later this month a Women's rights March is being held just after the Walk for Life, a Catholic anti-women's-parts march in the same area, hmm what a coincidence! I'm going to try to attend both and see how they differ.

While SF is known for Hippies and Gays, one of it's lesser know populations is catholics Especially once you spread out to more of the bay area. Those in the city often just tolerate the gay folk, so there's extra hate for the uterus and what ever inconsequential mass of life giving cells is attached to it.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Janet (01-07-2017), lisarea (01-07-2017), Sock Puppet (01-08-2017), The Man (01-07-2017)
  #599  
Old 01-07-2017, 06:01 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: News Miscellany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Women's rights March
What rights are they asking for?
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #600  
Old 01-07-2017, 06:23 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
I'm a regular Victor Victoria
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: VMMCCCXIII
Default Re: News Miscellany

Now if only Jerome had a history of engaging in good faith he could be taken seriously.
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (01-07-2017)
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.53412 seconds with 15 queries