Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 08-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Clutch Munny's Avatar
Clutch Munny Clutch Munny is offline
Clutchenheimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMMLXXXVIII
Images: 1
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

I think it's fair. The complete failure to even acknowledge countervailing arguments is a a major factor.
__________________
Your very presence is making me itchy.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-27-2007, 09:29 PM
ZEZOZE's Avatar
ZEZOZE ZEZOZE is offline
you're next
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMCCXC
Images: 147
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

he's not a troll...just came in wrong.

and on the wrong side...
__________________
paranoid fringe dweller
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-27-2007, 09:31 PM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVDCXV
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheServiceOfZeke
:sobbing:

Last edited by But; 08-27-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-27-2007, 10:00 PM
ZEZOZE's Avatar
ZEZOZE ZEZOZE is offline
you're next
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMCCXC
Images: 147
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

there there...nothing to cry about.

(you changed your reply...originally it had you shedding the tears)
__________________
paranoid fringe dweller

Last edited by ZEZOZE; 08-28-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-27-2007, 10:09 PM
biochemgirl's Avatar
biochemgirl biochemgirl is offline
ninja mother
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Iowa
Gender: Female
Posts: MMMCMIX
Blog Entries: 7
Images: 46
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

For some reason I kept reading the title as "Libertarians for Fairness".
__________________

Don't make me break out my ninja powers..

:llamaninja:
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Clutch Munny's Avatar
Clutch Munny Clutch Munny is offline
Clutchenheimer
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMMLXXXVIII
Images: 1
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Llamatarians for Fairness?
__________________
Your very presence is making me itchy.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-28-2007, 12:01 AM
biochemgirl's Avatar
biochemgirl biochemgirl is offline
ninja mother
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Iowa
Gender: Female
Posts: MMMCMIX
Blog Entries: 7
Images: 46
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Now that is something I can get behind! :giggle:
__________________

Don't make me break out my ninja powers..

:llamaninja:
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-28-2007, 02:03 AM
yguy yguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: VCXII
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Witnesses whom I know personally have told me, as they have told the world, that she was in full view of the bulldozer operator when he ran her over, then backed up and ran her over again.
You're a God damned liar.
__________________
"If you had a brain, what would you do with it?"

~ Dorothy ~
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-28-2007, 02:42 AM
Lionello Lionello is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: XX
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Here's what the very well-researched Rachel Corrie Facts website has to say:

"According to a witness, Rachel slipped as she moved in front of the bulldozer, fell in front of the slow moving blade and was crushed by unearthed debris. An investigation, which included extensive interrogation of the driver and his commanders, using polygraphs and video evidence, revealed that the driver's view had been obstructed by the debris and by the bulldozer’s protective driver cage. An autopsy confirmed that the bulldozer had not touched Rachel."
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-28-2007, 03:12 AM
Blake's Avatar
Blake Blake is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: DCCCXIII
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Witnesses whom I know personally have told me, as they have told the world, that she was in full view of the bulldozer operator when he ran her over, then backed up and ran her over again.
You're a God damned liar.
Why would you say that? I know her cousin from antiwar protests. Leftwing activist circles are pretty small, sadly.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 08-28-2007, 03:15 AM
ZEZOZE's Avatar
ZEZOZE ZEZOZE is offline
you're next
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMCCXC
Images: 147
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Witnesses whom I know personally have told me, as they have told the world, that she was in full view of the bulldozer operator when he ran her over, then backed up and ran her over again.
You're a God damned liar.
i don't know if i would go that far, but i do think the story of her being run over intentionally is totally bullshit.

she was a fool to stand in the way of that bulldozer. she did nothing to create change and just strengthened a divide. nothing changed because of her actions. that said, i do feel bad for her family...unless they financed her being there.

i know wiki is a lame source, but the article on her seems pretty fair and presents both sides...

Rachel Corrie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
paranoid fringe dweller
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-28-2007, 03:51 AM
Nullifidian's Avatar
Nullifidian Nullifidian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: MVCMXCVII
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 19
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
The claim of the “operational investigation” that Corrie was not killed by a bulldozer is directly contradicted by the findings of the final autopsy report, conducted only four days after Corrie’s death released on April 24 at Israel’s National Center of Forensic Medicine. The author of the autopsy report stated:“Based on the results of the autopsy which I performed on the body of RACHEL ALIENE CORRIE, age 24, I hereby express my opinion that her death was caused by pressure on the chest (mechanical asphyxiation) with fractures of the ribs and vertebrae of the dorsal spinal column and scapulas, and tear wounds in the right lung with hemorrhaging of the pleural cavities.”271
So where does this idea come from that Corrie was just fine from being rolled over by a bulldozer?

Quote:
Human Rights Watch obtained a copy of the summary of the IDF “operational investigation” into Corrie’s killing. Like other investigation summaries seen by Human Rights Watch, the document is laden with generalities and emotive commentary, and contains major factual errors. Chief among these is the statement that “no signs substantiate assertion that Ms Corrie was run over by a bulldozer,” a statement apparently based on a highly selective interpretation of the preliminary autopsy report.268
Both emphases are mine.

Promoting Impunity: The Israeli Military's Failure to Investigate Wrongdoing: VI: Foreign Pressure: Special Treatment

Your source is feeding you bullshit, and I'm sure there's some better use of yours and our time than to regurgitate it here without fact-checking it first.

Finally, it doesn't really matter if her death was intentional, because it's still murder. In legal systems around the world, a death caused by extreme recklessness in the commission of a crime is still murder. The crimes are the demolition of Palestinian houses, orchards, masajid, its infrastructure, etc. in the Occupied Territories, under Article 53 of the Fourth Geneva Convention. Going ahead with a demolition whose illegality is known to you (you being the collective IDF which has been made aware of this fact time and time again) and when you know there are many ISM people around is the kind of extreme recklessness during the commission of a crime that's called murder, when it results in death, every day.

Moshe Nissim, an army reservist during the razing of Jenin, said this:

Quote:
For three days I just destroyed and destroyed. The whole area. Any house that they fired from came down. And to knock it down, I tore down some more. They were warned by loudspeaker to get out of the house before I came, but I gave no one a chance.... Many people were inside houses we started to demolish.... I didn't see with my own eyes people dying under the blade of the D-9, and I didn't see houses falling down on live people. But if there were any, I wouldn't care at all. I am sure people died inside those houses.... I found joy with every house that came down, because I knew they didn't mind dying, but they cared for their homes. If you knocked down a house, you buried 40 or 50 people for generations. If I am sorry for anything, it is for not tearing the whole camp down.
Quoted in Derek Gregory's The Colonial Present: Afghanistan, Palestine, and Iraq pgs. 114 and 115 and taken from an interview original granted to Yediot Aharonot

Last edited by Nullifidian; 08-28-2007 at 04:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-28-2007, 03:57 AM
Nullifidian's Avatar
Nullifidian Nullifidian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: MVCMXCVII
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 19
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Witnesses whom I know personally have told me, as they have told the world, that she was in full view of the bulldozer operator when he ran her over, then backed up and ran her over again.
You're a God damned liar.
Okay. Can you provide me with your evidence that I do not know ISM members who were there when Corrie was killed? I'd really love to see it.

Of course, you might be hampered by the fact that you don't know my name, or where I've been, or even if I'm a member of the International Solidarity Movement myself. But a person with such a high opinion of their own honesty that they challenge me to impeach it even while altering my words :rolleyes: will be able to cough up some evidence tout de suite and would have never made such an accusation without being able to back it up.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:12 AM
ZEZOZE's Avatar
ZEZOZE ZEZOZE is offline
you're next
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMCCXC
Images: 147
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

she was reckless. the bulldozer was doing its job, like that job or not.

i am not condoning bulldozing homes, but i don't think her death was murder...just senseless and unfortunate.
__________________
paranoid fringe dweller
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:13 AM
yguy yguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: VCXII
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Witnesses whom I know personally have told me, as they have told the world, that she was in full view of the bulldozer operator when he ran her over, then backed up and ran her over again.
You're a God damned liar.
Okay. Can you provide me with your evidence that I do not know ISM members who were there when Corrie was killed?
Don't need it. All I need is this:

"Let's not delude ourselves that Israel is anything other than a state built on ethnic cleansing."
__________________
"If you had a brain, what would you do with it?"

~ Dorothy ~
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:18 AM
Nullifidian's Avatar
Nullifidian Nullifidian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: MVCMXCVII
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 19
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Witnesses whom I know personally have told me, as they have told the world, that she was in full view of the bulldozer operator when he ran her over, then backed up and ran her over again.
You're a God damned liar.
Okay. Can you provide me with your evidence that I do not know ISM members who were there when Corrie was killed?
Don't need it. All I need is this:

"Let's not delude ourselves that Israel is anything other than a state built on ethnic cleansing."
Bwahahahahahah!

You're really a piece of work. If you didn't exist, it would be necessary for the liberals to invent you. Fortunately you do exist, and tarnish the opinions you support by dint of that support alone.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:28 AM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posts: XMVDCCXLIX
Images: 29
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

You know, I hear Nullifidian once cooked some Israeli babies and fed them to their parents at gunpoint.

__________________
"Trans Am Jesus" is "what hanged me"
ARMORED HOT DOG
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 AM
yguy yguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: VCXII
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
You're really a piece of work.
No doubt. What I am not, however, is a filthy, slanderous little cockroach, like you are.

Thank God for small favors. :)
__________________
"If you had a brain, what would you do with it?"

~ Dorothy ~
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:38 AM
Nullifidian's Avatar
Nullifidian Nullifidian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: MVCMXCVII
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 19
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
You're really a piece of work.
No doubt. What I am not, however, is a filthy, slanderous little cockroach, like you are.

Thank God for small favors. :)
So "slanderous" now means being the one who is slandered (e.g. "You're a God damned liar.").

I'll file that in the neocon-to-English lexicon between "freedom" ("The state of having no infrastructure, no economy save the black market, and then a military coup and dictatorship. Janis Joplin used the term in its neocon sense in 'Me and Bobby McGee': 'Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose....'") and "truthfulness" ("Being able to say you don't remember and not getting caught.").

Also does anyone get the sense of Radio Rwanda when yguy throws around the term "cockroach" or is that just me?

Last edited by Nullifidian; 08-28-2007 at 04:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (08-29-2007)
  #70  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:45 AM
yguy yguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: VCXII
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
You're really a piece of work.
No doubt. What I am not, however, is a filthy, slanderous little cockroach, like you are.

Thank God for small favors. :)
So "slanderous" now means being the one who is slandered (e.g. "You're a God damned liar.").
That is clearly not slander as applied to you.
__________________
"If you had a brain, what would you do with it?"

~ Dorothy ~
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:48 AM
Nullifidian's Avatar
Nullifidian Nullifidian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: MVCMXCVII
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 19
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
You're really a piece of work.
No doubt. What I am not, however, is a filthy, slanderous little cockroach, like you are.

Thank God for small favors. :)
So "slanderous" now means being the one who is slandered (e.g. "You're a God damned liar.").
That is clearly not slander as applied to you.
Then, given the context in which those words appear, provide your supporting evidence that I have not spoken to any ISM members who were present at the time and told me about Rachel Corrie's death.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 AM
yguy yguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: VCXII
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Then, given the context in which those words appear, provide your supporting evidence that I have not spoken to any ISM members who were present at the time and told me about Rachel Corrie's death.
When did I say you haven't? :)
__________________
"If you had a brain, what would you do with it?"

~ Dorothy ~
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Nullifidian's Avatar
Nullifidian Nullifidian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: MVCMXCVII
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 19
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Then, given the context in which those words appear, provide your supporting evidence that I have not spoken to any ISM members who were present at the time and told me about Rachel Corrie's death.
When did I say you haven't? :)
Here.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posts: XMVDCCXLIX
Images: 29
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Here, let me head off yguy's next response: what he said could also be interpreted as an accusation that you do know ISM members who were present at the time of Corrie's death, but that you, being the goddamn liar and baby broiler that you are, have misrepresented their reports.
__________________
"Trans Am Jesus" is "what hanged me"
ARMORED HOT DOG
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-28-2007, 05:11 AM
yguy yguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: VCXII
Default Re: Librarians for Fairness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
Then, given the context in which those words appear, provide your supporting evidence that I have not spoken to any ISM members who were present at the time and told me about Rachel Corrie's death.
When did I say you haven't? :)
Here.
As the record shows, I made no representation about that particular claim of yours. I just called you a liar. :)
__________________
"If you had a brain, what would you do with it?"

~ Dorothy ~
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 2.81867 seconds with 14 queries