Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 03-10-2010, 04:08 AM
you're next

Default Re: Is anyone keeping track how many anti-gay republicans have turned out to be gay?

that kid has horrible parents. parents do terrible things to children for all sorts of reasons.

and he went to a christian school and that means they will probably behave like stupid christians.

what should that boy do?

his best.

should he try to change the minds of christians?

no.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:10 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

Default Re: Is anyone keeping track how many anti-gay republicans have turned out to be gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSOZAZ View Post
chunks: did you just ask me to use the internet to prove your point (or even mine for that matter) when there isn't any actual real proof out there?
No, I didn't ask you to use the internet, I said that you are intellectually lazy.

Quote:
i think we could find enough material out there to prove both our points.
A. no, you couldn't; and B. not that you would make the effort in any case.

Quote:
i'll stick with my opinion.
Your opinion based on your superficial understanding of a subject you appear to know nearly nothing about, and do not care to research for even a few moments? Cleave to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOSZAZ
why do you have to let people know you are gay? i can see how that would be important when looking for love...but otherwise?
OMGUS. That you can actually type and aren't mashing the keys with your knuckles astounds. Please keep typing, somewhere there is an anthropologist shitting her/himself on the path to discover homo dipshitius.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:11 AM
you're next

was i born a dipshit?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:12 AM
you're next

you know...it's ok to disagree with me about this, but the reaction is curious...

is there a problem with choosing to be gay? since there is no real proof either way, why is being born gay better than choosing to be? is it?

i am not attacking gay people...you don't have to agree, but the...ummm...advice(?) i offer is actually in support of tolerance for all people.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:17 AM
Babby Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSOZAZ
why do you have to let people know you are gay?
Oh. My. God. You tell it, Sister.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:19 AM
you're next

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scarlatti View Post
Quote:
why do you have to let people know you are gay?
Oh. My. God. You tell it, Sister.
i am.

can you answer it, brother?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:22 AM
Babby Police

Quote:
was i born a dipshit?
We do not keep all those records, but on available evidence, at least since you discovered the internet.
Adam (03-10-2010), Anastasia Beaverhausen (03-10-2010), chunksmediocrites (03-10-2010), Sock Puppet (03-10-2010)
Old 03-10-2010, 04:47 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

Quote:
is there a problem with choosing to be gay?
There a reasonable amount of evidence to suggest that sexual orientation is largely biological. How people self-identify varies. To simply say that someone chooses to be homosexual is used by religious groups to justify the refusal of civil rights for homosexuals, is used to justify the use of religious straight-camps, and is used in political debate for civil rights for homosexuals; i.e. if they would just stop choosing to be homosexuals and recruiting for their homosexual lifestyle, then everything would be fine.

IF there was no biological imperative that influenced sexual orientation, that still would not then mean it is okay to refuse homosexuals the same civil rights and protections accorded heterosexuals.

Quote:
since there is no real proof either way,
How the fuck would you know whether there is or isn't?

Quote:
why is being born gay better than choosing to be?
It is not better or worse. Simply makes the choice argument unsupportable for the anti-gay groups.
Quote:
is it?
No more than being born hetero would be better than choosing to be- if indeed sexual orientation was purely mental, which it appears not to be.

Quote:
i am not attacking gay people...
Just asking them why they can't keep it in the closet, and comparing them to Nazis.
Quote:
the...ummm...advice(?) i offer is actually in support of tolerance for all people.
Go fuck yourself with your tolerance.
Quote:
What is it that we mean, exactly, when we plead for tolerance? What, for example, is meant by `racial tolerance'? Do we mean that it should be understood that a person's race is irrelevant to the way we judge her and to the way she should be treated? Well, so it is - but a recognition of that fact isn't tolerance, it's simply good sense. Or do we mean that, although the members of certain races are of course odorous, stupid, or morally deficient, we shouldn't mention this - perhaps because it would be impolite or socially unacceptable? If that's what's meant by `tolerance', and I suspect that for many people it is, then it should be recognised and condemned for what it is: dangerous and bigoted nonsense.

The main point underlying all this, I think, is that it doesn't make sense to say that we tolerate something unless we think that it's wrong in some way; that's just what `tolerance' means. `I tolerate x' means both that I judge x to be wrong and that I put up with x. Well, if we think something's wrong, why should we tolerate it? If we don't think that it's wrong, why do we need to talk about tolerating it? For example, I don't happen to think that homosexuality is morally wrong - so there's nothing there for me to tolerate. I happen to think that racism is morally wrong - and I'm damned if I'll tolerate it.
Thanks, from:
Adam (03-10-2010), But (09-14-2018), D. Scarlatti (03-10-2010), Deadlokd (03-10-2010), Watser? (03-10-2010)
Old 03-10-2010, 04:54 AM
you're next

see...you think that the anti-gay group will be put off if they find out it's genetic?

then wait for the 'cure'.

tolerance...i stand by it. you should not force acceptance- that's worse. its' ok to tolerate what you don't like...it's what you need to do to get everybody to come to the table to find a path we can all agree on.

but hey...have it your way.

tolerance...not acceptance.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:55 AM
you're next

and i didn't ask gay people to keep it in the closet. i'm basically saying not to make it more than it is...you know...like the other side does.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:58 AM
you're next

oh and before i go home...you forget- we're all racist. tolerate it :)
Old 03-10-2010, 04:59 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Quote:
that kid has horrible parents. parents do terrible things to children for all sorts of reasons.

and he went to a christian school and that means they will probably behave like stupid christians.
What's with the anti-Christian hate, yo?

Anyway...
Quote:
[gay people] should concentrate solely on getting people to accept fairness
Quote:

no.
So, gay people should try to get people to accept fairness, but shouldn't try to change people's minds. Or at least not Christians' minds. Although Christians are by far the majority of the population in the US.

Quote:
and i didn't ask gay people to keep it in the closet. i'm basically saying not to make it more than it is...you know...like the other side does.
When the majority of the population makes it a big deal (a negative judgment on you) it's a bit hard to act like it doesn't affect your life and it's nothing. Does that mean that I think it should be a huge deal?

Not that you would know about anything like that.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (03-10-2010)
Old 03-10-2010, 05:00 AM
Babby Police

You and your facts and your direct, relevant personal experience. Enough!
erimir (03-10-2010)
Old 03-10-2010, 05:10 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

Quote:
and i didn't ask gay people to keep it in the closet.
You just asked someone to explain to you why gay people couldn't try to fit in better and not let people know they were gay- as if relationship and sexual orientation cues didn't occur regularly in social interactions, and as if it is the homosexual person's responsibility to then perform verbal contortions or lie, to avoid letting anyone know their actual sexual orientation. But no, other than that you accorded them all the rights of second-class citizens.

Quote:
i'm basically saying not to make it more than it is...you know...like the other side does.
You mean don't be over-demonstrable regarding one's homosexuality, because that makes one like a macho heterosexual, or do you mean the Nazi-like homosexuals should stop acting like the Allies-like heterosexuals? Because remember all those times someone acted macho and then the flamers beat those macho types to death? That never would have happened if those flamers had just toned it down! Tolerance for the win!

Last edited by chunksmediocrites; 03-10-2010 at 05:21 AM. Reason: reworded my first sentence for clarity and added the second
Thanks, from:
Adam (03-10-2010)
Old 03-10-2010, 07:20 AM
you're next

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scarlatti View Post
You and your facts and your direct, relevant personal experience. Enough!
what a wannabe.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Quote:
[gay people] should concentrate solely on getting people to accept fairness
Quote:

no.
So, gay people should try to get people to accept fairness, but shouldn't try to change people's minds? Or at least not Christians' minds. Although Christians are by far the majority of the population in the US.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:49 AM
you're next

well be fair- they're christian...

who at one time were a preyed upon minority that went underground and became strong and infiltrated the power structure and turned the tide and went from not being accepted to forcing acceptance.

it happens a lot.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Tangled up in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
The real question is whether it's more or less than the number of war mongering "anti-war" democrats.
Ah-Gay-Men, brother. AhGayMen!

Show us yer war swords. Pink and shiny and drawn to protrude liberally.

It's the American Way. Oh, yeah.
:dancebey:
"But what counter-insurgency really comes down to is the protection of the capitalists back in America, their property and their privileges. US national security, as preached by US leaders, is the security of the capitalist class in the US, not the security of the rest of the people."
[1975] CIA Diary by Philip Agee
Old 03-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Tangled up in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
lol, okay, I managed 2 minutes despite myself. That was both hilariously gay and cringingly awful all at the same time. Great work, Ari! :D
:bow:
"But what counter-insurgency really comes down to is the protection of the capitalists back in America, their property and their privileges. US national security, as preached by US leaders, is the security of the capitalist class in the US, not the security of the rest of the people."
Old 03-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Tangled up in Blue

Quote:
start by not having parades and waving flags like nazis.

Jesus Christ, I hope not!

Sydney's Gay Mardi Gras 1989 is still considered one of the best parties I've ever been to - from the early evening street parade to the midnight glamour fashion events to the pre-dawn raves and the dawn chillouts with Jamaican Steel Drums - fuckin' legend.

I've been to some awesome and amazing gigs in my time, but Sydney's Gay Mardi Gras is a treat for gay and straight. Damnit, I wanna do it again. And again, and again, and again!

Yeah!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:08 PM
you're next

look.

i have gone to the biggest parade in the world- Toronto's Gay Parade. it was lots of fun and a real carnal atmosphere. there was lots of nudity and making out. some of it was so campy you couldn't help but laugh at the humour and the bravery of the people performing it. there was a sense of community and overall it was an ok experience for a straight guy.

but as a straight guy i went to watch the queers. i went to watch the outsider perform for the normal. i totally think every tax-paying citizen should be afforded the same rights and people have parades for lots of reasons, but when you start wanting stuff like marriage (and i'm not opposed to it, i just don't see why? i know people disagree, but to me marriage is about kids. it's the only reason my wife and i married after living together for years. i see it as a commitment or contract for your children more than toward each other- imo) you should try acting like normal people and not like self-proclaimed queers.

or maybe the world should start having straight parades? i think if that happens the world will take a dive. the day we start having sex parades is the day we start televising executions. the only thing to celebrate about being gay is the sex and average citizens do not do that.

let's face it- Gay is a religion.

ha.

ETA: and i suppose gays marry for children too.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Babby Police

Gay couples have children, dipshit.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:16 PM
you're next

i added that after. thanks.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:17 PM
California Sober

Straight people marry and choose not to have children, too.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:17 PM
you're next

nobody wants to see their parents parading around in thongs and oiled up or in bondage gear crawling along the ground. the parade isn't necessary and i think it actually does more to harm the cause.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law