Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > The Sciences

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2015, 03:25 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: This Just in! Vaccines STILL Do Not Cause Autism

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry
It is my understanding that the 4000 deaths are attributable to HPV.
The stats I posted were for cervical cancer deaths, not necessarily HPV, but HPV is the major cause of cervical cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDC
Every year, about 11,000 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer, and about 4,400 women die from this disease in the U.S. About 1% of sexually active men and women in the U.S. have genital warts at any given time. http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/c...-fact-sheet#q2
Quote:
the vaccine does not treat all HPV which are linked to the cancer which causes death.
There are over 100 types of HPV, but only 2 are correlated with the majority of cervical cancer. The vaccine is effective against both
Quote:
Virtually all cases of cervical cancer are caused by HPV, and just two HPV types, 16 and 18, are responsible for about 70 percent of all cases http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/c...-fact-sheet#q2
Quote:
Two HPV vaccines are licensed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The bivalent HPV vaccine (Cervarix) prevents the two HPV types, 16 and 18, which cause 70% of cervical cancers. The quadrivalent HPV vaccine (Gardasil) prevents four HPV types: HPV 16 and 18, as well as HPV 6 and 11, which cause 90% of genital warts. Quadrivalent vaccine has also been shown to protect against cancers of the anus, vagina and vulva. Only quadrivalent vaccine is licensed in use for males. http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/c...-fact-sheet#q2
Quote:
Vaccinating millions to maybe prevent a portion of 4000 deaths a year, when the results have been jiggered by the pharmaceutical company making it and the they don't have any evidence for the effects on the target population and they don't have any evidence of potential long-term adverse effects.
Evidence of results jiggery? The vaccine was released almost a decade ago, what have the results been since 2006?

Quote:
It seems to me that limited public health funds might be better used for other public health initiatives than rushing to mandate this particular vaccine. I think that availability to those who wish to obtain it, with informed consent, can utilize it.
Again, its been almost a decade with no true mandate, what rush are you talking about? Only two mandates exist (D.C. and Virginia) and both offer exemptions for religious, moral, or medical reasons. The HPV Vaccine: Access and Use in the U.S. | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Quote:
Public health funds might be better utilized to make Pap smears available to those who might be afflicted because they did not get a timely Pap smear.
The ACA addresses this. Preventative screenings are pretty much covered by insurance with no co-pay now. In the past, Planned Parenthood has always offered PAPS (they use to require them for a BCP prescription, not sure the current rules) , and they used to be offered through many county health systems.

Last edited by LadyShea; 05-26-2015 at 04:21 AM.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > The Sciences