Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Computers & Technology

Old 01-12-2024, 02:28 AM
Admin

Default Tech For Palestine

In this post I told the story of CircleCI co-founder Paul Biggar wrote a scathing critique of Israel's war on Gaza and followed up with the creation of TechForPalestine.org. I was one of over 2500 people who joined their Discord community over the past couple weeks and it is a textbook example of a group building an airplane in flight.

The mission of the organization is to challenge the standard narrative restrictions on discussion of Israel/Palestine, especially in the tech industry. At present anyone can join the Discord and post an idea for a project, and if it gets enough engagement from the community to turn it into a viable 'product', then it gets adopted as an official TechForPalestine project and therefore more support and publicity from the org.

One of the biggest challenges I see is that people generally avoid bringing discussions of politics into work regardless of the topic, so before you can make it easier to talk about Palestinians as people you have to make it easier to talk about anything at all that isn't related to TPS reports or golf. Most people can't just publicly take a stand on something "political" like genocide in the first place, much less when their country is enabling it to the point of passing legislation that makes criticizing the ideology of the perpetrators a hate crime.

Anyway, join TechForPalestine and change the world. Or don't, I'm not your father.
Thanks, from:
Ari (01-12-2024), fragment (01-12-2024), JoeP (01-12-2024), LarsMac (01-12-2024), slimshady2357 (01-12-2024), Sock Puppet (01-12-2024), Stephen Maturin (01-12-2024)
Old 01-14-2024, 03:47 AM
Admin

Default Re: Tech For Palestine

Btw, make sure to go to techforpalestine.org, not tfp.org. Seriously trust me on this.
Thanks, from:
LarsMac (01-14-2024)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Computers & Technology