Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 01-01-2024, 11:46 PM

Default Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

In terms of the human condition, chances are that for just about everything you think is right or true, the exact opposite is what is actually right or true. Somebody even wrote a couple books on the matter. They are called, "The Book Of General Ignorance: Everything You Think You Know Is Wrong."

As an example, you probably think our system of government is a Democracy. But you would be wrong. Our system of government more closely resembles a Plutocracy. Which is rule by the rich. But to put it more precisely, our system of government is actually a Kakistocracy. Which is rule by the incompetent and corrupt.

Obviously, our government is behind your almost certain stupidity. Probably because the stupid are easier to rule. Or to put it more precisely, easier to abuse. To prove my point, I will show you something that was almost certainly said by a former director of the CIA named William Casey. And what he said was no doubt with the help of the NSA, FBI and other government agencies. And without any doubt, with the help of internet forums like this. Here is the quote.

What? Too hard to believe? Well throughout the years the CIA has been known to experiment with various methods to achieve brainwashing. (In that, maybe they succeeded) But when it comes to mind control in general over the population, nothing works better than stupidity.

Though there is what I would consider to be a secondary reason for them to do what they do. First, it is well known that if the government wants to keep something secret, they also have to keep it secret from the American public. Now if the government wants the populations of other countries to be stupid, which they no doubt do, they also have to make sure that the American public is stupid as well. In this, I have some words of wisdom for you by George Bernard Shaw. Heed them well.

Now, the question becomes how offended you are by most likely being stupid. Seeing how you have never known anything different, I would guess that you aren't offended at all. In that, there was an author named Aldous Huxley who had some very keen observations on the matter. Here they are.

Old 01-01-2024, 11:51 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Holy shit, who helped dumdum embed images?

:AB: :canada:
Old 01-02-2024, 12:00 AM
Rambling Old Fart

Welp.
There goes the neighborhood.
Stephen Maturin (01-03-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 12:43 AM
mesospheric bore

More "Baby's First Anti-Authoritarianism" from the Nazi I see.

Of course, like all Nazis, he doesn't actually give a shit about being anti-authority. He's just mad he's not in charge. Or middle management, since he's not that capable.
Ari (01-02-2024), JoeP (01-02-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-02-2024), mickthinks (01-02-2024), Pan Narrans (01-04-2024), Sock Puppet (01-02-2024), Stephen Maturin (01-03-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 04:18 AM
God Made Me A Skeptic

You educated stupid word animals can't fathom this greatest social and scientific math of creation.
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Thanks, from:
JoeP (01-02-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 05:31 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

To post this again,
Thanks, from:
JoeP (01-02-2024), LarsMac (01-02-2024), Stephen Maturin (01-03-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 09:10 AM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by disobey View Post
Huxley was describing you, you doofus!
Gonzo (01-06-2024), Stephen Maturin (01-03-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 06:09 PM
Rambling Old Fart

Old 01-02-2024, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
Quote:

No. Obviously he was describing YOU.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:08 AM
Solipsist

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
Quote:

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
mickthinks (01-03-2024), ShottleBop (01-03-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 09:50 PM
God Made Me A Skeptic

I think this conversation would be immensely more productive if disobey had even the concept of conclusions derived from reasoning about evidence, and connections between the conclusions and the evidence, rather than focusing exclusively on conclusions derived from being very confident that you're smart.
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Thanks, from:
Crumb (01-04-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-04-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 11:09 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

When we talk about a randomly selected human, there are decent chances that they are indeed STUPID.

When we talk about disobey, we could still discuss it in terms of probabilities, but for most purposes there's no point in quibbling about it not being exactly 100%.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (01-04-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 04:40 PM
Spiffiest wanger

All this twaddle from a guy who is so stupid he thinks different races of humans are different species.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (01-05-2024), Stephen Maturin (01-04-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 06:03 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Space canoe, though.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Old 01-05-2024, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebs View Post
I think this conversation would be immensely more productive if disobey had even the concept of conclusions derived from reasoning about evidence, and connections between the conclusions and the evidence, rather than focusing exclusively on conclusions derived from being very confident that you're smart.
You think? Read the title of this thread again.
Old 01-05-2024, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
When we talk about a randomly selected human, there are decent chances that they are indeed STUPID.

When we talk about disobey, we could still discuss it in terms of probabilities, but for most purposes there's no point in quibbling about it not being exactly 100%.

Thank you for agreeing. But the point is, what are you willing to do to change things. Something, or nothing. Next, you pointed out your own mistake. One that people often make if they even try to debate anything I posted in any thread. And not only at this forum. You say, "When we talk about disobey," There is the mistake. None of anything I posted anywhere has anything to do with me. It has to do with the topic I created a thread about.
Old 01-05-2024, 12:57 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

But what *I* posted does have to do with you.

It's about how you're stupid.
Old 01-05-2024, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
But what *I* posted does have to do with you.

It's about how you're stupid.

Well then, at least pretend you have a brain and not talk about me. Also, does calling me stupid somehow make you feel less stupid? If so, try a different approach. I have one you could try. Find something I said in any of my threads that you think isn't true. Then tell me what it is and why.
Old 01-06-2024, 11:38 AM
Solipsist

Quote:
Find something I said in any of my threads that you think isn't true. Then tell me what it is and why.
OK, this:

Quote:
I am probably the smartest person who has ever been at any forum, ever. I can't be defeated in debate for the topics I bring up.
This is just laughable. You are a joke. But at least it's a perfect response to the 98% of your posts where you ask some to find something in any of your threads that isn't true. Which you then ignore because you have no understanding of the concepts of debate or truth.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Crumb (01-07-2024), ShottleBop (01-06-2024)
Old 01-06-2024, 12:16 PM
puzzler

Old 01-06-2024, 04:16 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

disobey is clearly a CIA psy-op. You can tell by the way they are trying to discredit clear rejections of totalitarianism by using Huxley quotes that are irrelevant to the premise being argued. Being fed disinformation does not mean a person is inherently stupid.

Had to check if the word "stupid" was even in his vocabulary in this context, and the only quote that came up was one in which he attributes human stupidity to human intelligence. Thereby settling the matter.

:thanked:
Thanks, from:
Crumb (01-07-2024), JoeP (01-07-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-06-2024), mickthinks (01-06-2024)
Old 01-06-2024, 08:43 PM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Quote:
In terms of the human condition, chances are that for just about everything you think is right or true, the exact opposite is what is actually right or true. Somebody even wrote a couple books on the matter. They are called, "The Book Of General Ignorance: Everything You Think You Know Is Wrong."

As an example, you probably think our system of government is a Democracy. But you would be wrong. Our system of government more closely resembles a Plutocracy. Which is rule by the rich. But to put it more precisely, our system of government is actually a Kakistocracy. Which is rule by the incompetent and corrupt.

Obviously, our government is behind your almost certain stupidity. Probably because the stupid are easier to rule. Or to put it more precisely, easier to abuse. To prove my point, I will show you something that was almost certainly said by a former director of the CIA named William Casey. And what he said was no doubt with the help of the NSA, FBI and other government agencies. And without any doubt, with the help of internet forums like this. Here is the quote.

What? Too hard to believe? Well throughout the years the CIA has been known to experiment with various methods to achieve brainwashing. (In that, maybe they succeeded) But when it comes to mind control in general over the population, nothing works better than stupidity.

Though there is what I would consider to be a secondary reason for them to do what they do. First, it is well known that if the government wants to keep something secret, they also have to keep it secret from the American public. Now if the government wants the populations of other countries to be stupid, which they no doubt do, they also have to make sure that the American public is stupid as well. In this, I have some words of wisdom for you by George Bernard Shaw. Heed them well.

Now, the question becomes how offended you are by most likely being stupid. Seeing how you have never known anything different, I would guess that you aren't offended at all. In that, there was an author named Aldous Huxley who had some very keen observations on the matter. Here they are.

Blah, blah, blah. I, disobey, am an idiot.
Old 01-07-2024, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
disobey is clearly a CIA psy-op. You can tell by the way they are trying to discredit clear rejections of totalitarianism by using Huxley quotes that are irrelevant to the premise being argued. Being fed disinformation does not mean a person is inherently stupid.

Had to check if the word "stupid" was even in his vocabulary in this context, and the only quote that came up was one in which he attributes human stupidity to human intelligence. Thereby settling the matter.

I think you would be better off doing what the other idiots around here do. Just insult me in some way. I would prefer that over somebody only pretending to be intelligent. As you are doing. For example, the point of my whole thread was against totalitarianism. As achieved through promoting stupidity amongst the population. Next, don't even begin to try and tell me what makes people stupid. Though it is only a bit of a hobby, I have spent years trying to combat stupidity at many forums. Which has only made them increasingly difficult to get back into.

As for the quote about intelligence by Mr Huxley, I did a web search. Here is what I got. "Aldous Huxley (2009) "Island," p.72, Random House 54 Copy quote.... the greater part of the population is not very intelligent..." Well you seen the quote. So you know what the rest of it reads as.
Old 02-24-2024, 11:19 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
In terms of the human condition, chances are that for just about everything you think is right or true, the exact opposite is what is actually right or true.
So, since you believe everybody except you is stupid, then the opposite is actually true?

:D

- Richard P. Feynman

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy