Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 06-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Fishy mokey

Default Re: Being gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
You are not making any sense whatsoever.
Okay , again Watser : Being gay, being a homosexual has nothing to do with loving or liking someone , right?

Does that make more sense to you.....?

Why are there not words coming out Watser ? Why try to throw a potshot at me?

Mischien in het Nederlands dan Watser:

Homosexueel zijn heeft TOTAAL niets te maken met iemand houden of iemand leuk vinden.

Is dat duidelijk Watser? Is that clear Watser?
Nee, het slaat in geen enkele taal ergens op. It makes no sense in any language.

Alleen bisexuelen zijn daar consequent in. Bisexuals are the only ones who are consistent about that. They love people regardless of what gender they are.
JoeP (06-01-2016), Stormlight (06-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are not making any sense whatsoever.
Okay , again Watser : Being gay, being a homosexual has nothing to do with loving or liking someone , right?

Does that make more sense to you.....?

Why are there not words coming out Watser ? Why try to throw a potshot at me?

Mischien in het Nederlands dan Watser:

Homosexueel zijn heeft TOTAAL niets te maken met iemand houden of iemand leuk vinden.

Is dat duidelijk Watser? Is that clear Watser?
Nee, het slaat in geen enkele taal ergens op. It makes no sense in any language.

Alleen bisexuelen zijn daar consequent in. Bisexuals are the only ones who are consistent about that. They love people regardless of what gender they are.
Nou dit is tenminste duidelijke taal, en kan ik iets meer uit oppikken zeg maar....

Now, this is at least loud and clear, and i can at least taste more what you feel.....

"MAAR"

BUT. this is a real and very interesting meaning what you typed her :

Quote:
Bisexuals are the only ones who are consistent about that. They love people regardless of what gender they are.
EVERYBODY CAN LOVE EVERYBODY WATSER REGARDLESS OF WHAT GENDER THEY ARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( i love drama )

Oops, or are you talking about loving each others genitals?
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!

Last edited by Awareness; 06-01-2016 at 02:29 PM. Reason: CAN LOVE
Old 06-01-2016, 04:01 PM
ne plus ultraviolet

Awareness: there is no scientific evidence to support that homosexuality is "a choice", any more than heterosexuality is "a choice".

Suggesting that someone is homosexual by choice- because they just felt like it- suggests that homosexuality is no more than a hobby or a lifestyle, and suggests that those who are homosexual have less standing than those who are heterosexual.

That is a lack of awareness on your part.

Vague entreaties for everyone to love one another and to not see color, race, etc. is ham-fisted and tone-deaf at best, and white guy privilege allowing you to ignore other people's realities most definitely.

In conclusion: shut the fuck up. Because what you are saying is dumb as shit.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Awareness: there is no scientific evidence to support that homosexuality is "a choice", any more than heterosexuality is "a choice".

Suggesting that someone is homosexual by choice- because they just felt like it- suggests that homosexuality is no more than a hobby or a lifestyle, and suggests that those who are homosexual have less standing than those who are heterosexual.

Vague entreaties for everyone to love one another and to not see color, race, etc. is ham-fisted and tone-deaf at best, and white guy privilege allowing you to ignore other people's realities most definitely.

Oh YEAH !!! MAKE ME, I AM JUST STARTING !!! THIS MEANS "WORD" WAR !!

AT LAST ONE REAL DUMB FUCK !!

Quote:
Hey at least you are not very sure, and science is not sure....But HOMO SEXUALITY is what it is saying , and that is only loving a dick, and not some poor schmuck........

For now , in my book it is a choice, and indeed no more than a hobby or lifestyle.

Quote:
They have less standing when they meet a woman( i mean the men ), but i just do not buy that !! Not for one damn minute !!

Quote:
Cute honey !

Quote:
At least it got to you, and you understand allright what i am saying !!
SO REMEMBER, BLACK OR WHITE PEOPLE DO NOT EXIST, THEY NEVER EXISTED AND THEY NEVER WILL !!

And you of course mean other people's delusions, have a heart and care for people chump !

Quote:
God damn it, thank you for you underlining my statements, man you are so DAMN cute !!! HMMMMMM- MMMMM!!
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

Last edited by Awareness; 06-01-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:08 PM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShottleBop View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think being gay is just a choice, and it is nothing more than that.....
And you would be wrong.
It's a choice , you are not that way off being natural

Being gay is just a way of thinking and nothing more....

How we feel that is the only truth, we love someone and do not let gender religion or race get in the way.....

Anyways polishing is more better than soiling, when trying to reach each other's soul.
Please stop spreading your ignorance.
Is that all Shottlebop? Prehistoric retoric, no backup, nothing: "Uhg, you ignorant too"

Does that mean it hits you?

Being gay is just loving somebody's dick as a man, and other wise for women too.....

I think man can't handle love for each other, and take the escape route
That's all, because "ignorance" accurately describes your post, and it's clear that you're here to propound, rather than to engage in coherent discussion. I see no reason to engage more deeply with someone whose idea of an argument against homosexuality involves extolling "polishing" over "soiling."
Old 06-01-2016, 04:32 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think being gay is just a choice, and it is nothing more than that.....
And you would be wrong.
It's a choice , you are not that way off being natural

Being gay is just a way of thinking and nothing more....

How we feel that is the only truth, we love someone and do not let gender religion or race get in the way.....

Anyways polishing is more better than soiling, when trying to reach each other's soul.
Please stop spreading your ignorance.
Is that all Shottlebop? Prehistoric retoric, no backup, nothing: "Uhg, you ignorant too"

Does that mean it hits you?

Being gay is just loving somebody's dick as a man, and other wise for women too.....

I think man can't handle love for each other, and take the escape route
That's all, because "ignorance" accurately describes your post, and it's clear that you're here to propound, rather than to engage in coherent discussion. I see no reason to engage more deeply with someone whose idea of an argument against homosexuality involves extolling "polishing" over "soiling."
Quote:
That's all, because "ignorance" accurately describes your post, and it's clear that you're here to propound,
What a nice and neat word, i thank you.

Propound | Define Propound at Dictionary.com

We as humans do not even know what we are doing here, so i am not propounding.

The only FACT that sticks is for example the law of gravity.....

Quote:
I see no reason to engage more deeply with someone whose idea of an argument against homosexuality involves extolling "polishing" over "soiling."
Is that supposed to be funny Shuttlebop ? Because i resent your attitude !!
Well have you ever !!!

Old 06-01-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I see no reason to engage more deeply with someone whose idea of an argument against homosexuality involves extolling "polishing" over "soiling."
Well have you ever !!!
Very seldom.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's all, because "ignorance" accurately describes your post, and it's clear that you're here to propound,
What a nice and neat word, i thank you.

Propound | Define Propound at Dictionary.com

We as humans do not even know what we are doing here, so i am not propounding. . . .
My bad . . . Instead of "propound," I should have written "pronounce" (in the sense of "declare").
Old 06-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well have you ever !!!
Very seldom.
You see how simple things can influence, your nose is just too much when you say
Quote:
very seldom.

:whine: I am sorry Shottlebob i was trying to be funny........ you see that is the trouble with mere words, we do not know how we feel of each other, because that is God's own basic rule when communicating , you must know of each other how we feel when conversing...........this is how progress is made when communicating, just one word typed wrong and you could turn the whole conversation around............

Old 06-01-2016, 07:05 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
They also seem to exist in tension with the rest of those posts, which frequently strip away the humanity of others (like gay people and women) and explicitly reduce them to food objects, or animals, or the like. It would seem that everyone should love each other, provided, of course, that everyone may treat women as though they were ice cream instead of persons, and gay people like stale bread instead of persons, because they are unthinking animals, and not persons. That is not an especially new or innovative point of view, and is as hateful today as it ever was, but at the same time it strikes me as a sad place to spend one's life.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-02-2016), chunksmediocrites (06-02-2016), Kael (06-02-2016), lisarea (06-01-2016), Pan Narrans (06-01-2016), Sock Puppet (06-01-2016), Stephen Maturin (06-02-2016), Stormlight (06-01-2016), Watser? (06-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Then again, he seems to be stuck in the "Nothing is, like, real man! It is all just, you know, ideas!" phase that most of us grow out of when we stop being 15 and stoned as hell.

Considering that has seems to have remained news to him since, oh, the early 70's or so, it is perhaps not surprising that he is a few decades behind in his gender- and sexuality politics as well.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-02-2016), ChuckF (06-01-2016), chunksmediocrites (06-02-2016), JoeP (06-02-2016), Stephen Maturin (06-01-2016), Watser? (06-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Then again, he seems to be stuck in the "Nothing is, like, real man! It is all just, you know, ideas!" phase that most of us grow out of when we stop being 15 and stoned as hell.

Considering that has seems to have remained news to him since, oh, the early 70's or so, it is perhaps not surprising that he is a few decades behind in his gender- and sexuality politics as well.
At least try to reply to what i am saying Vivisectus, because it does touch you somewhere so it seems.... or are you chicken to reason?

Old 06-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Always keep cool.

[quote=ChuckF;1260972]
Quote:

Quote:
They also seem to exist in tension with the rest of those posts, which frequently strip away the humanity of others (like gay people and women) and explicitly reduce them to food objects, or animals, or the like.
What do you mean by this ChuckF, and who is they?

I
Quote:
t would seem that everyone should love each other, provided, of course, that everyone may treat women as though they were ice cream instead of persons, and gay people like stale bread instead of persons, because they are unthinking animals, and not persons.
You even lie to your dick ChuckF, when you are aroused by women, that is a fact of life.......

Should love huh, for your information even gay people do not exist, we are just all people together.........Just in plain english for you mister, not wanting to fuck a woman is a damn straight lie !!! You chose to be gay!
And you certainly have no brain disorder , or are not sick !!
And loving SOMEONE AND NOT SOME PLAIN OLD BODY is natural CHuckF, you even love women.......not wanting to fuck them is another story... and really weird , really weird !!

This is the Freethought-Forum ChuckF SO LISTEN UP!!

Quote:
That is not an especially new or innovative point of view, and is as hateful today as it ever was, but at the same time it strikes me as a sad place to spend one's life.
Are you also going to reply , or just have your say through the back door ChuckF ?

Last edited by Awareness; 06-01-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:05 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. In some times and places, that would be menacing (and often popular) footstomping about other people's lives. But now and in the civilized world, that sort of unfocused and impotent protest takes on an almost pathetic quality as an expression of despair. An old and broken man shaking his fist at the world is still pitiable, if only because he is old and broken.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-02-2016), chunksmediocrites (06-02-2016), ShottleBop (06-02-2016), Sock Puppet (06-01-2016), Watser? (06-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 11:24 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Yeah, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. In some times and places, that would be menacing (and often popular) footstomping about other people's lives. But now and in the civilized world, that sort of unfocused and impotent protest takes on an almost pathetic quality as an expression of despair. An old and broken man shaking his fist at the world is still pitiable, if only because he is old and broken.
Yeah right, but still i don't know what kind of person you are, a shadow of society yes, but that is just not enough for me......

At least my statements are worth your insults , and that is a good sign....

Old 06-01-2016, 11:30 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

I apologize. I did not intend to insult you. I meant only to convey the sadness that I find in your posts in this thread.
Thanks, from:
Awareness (06-02-2016), Stormlight (06-02-2016), Watser? (06-01-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 12:20 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
I apologize. I did not intend to insult you. I meant only to convey the sadness that I find in your posts in this thread.

Okay , that's good, i thank you for that ..........

Old 06-02-2016, 12:30 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

You are welcome. It's clear that something about this subject engages you emotionally, but it is equally clear that this is something you have no ability whatsoever to change, since it occurs entirely in the lives of other people, independently of you and your thoughts. I have no doubt that for many years, social norms papered over this thing that other people do that causes you discomfort for whatever reason. But that is no longer the case, and there is no reliable taboo there to insulate you from your angst. In addition to being frustrating, experiencing emotional reactions to things over which we have no agency can be a frightening thing; it turns us back into children. I think the world would be better if that fright wasn't translated so readily into dehumanization of other people who are just trying to live their lives.

Awareness, if it helps you to lecture me about my sexuality and my relationships, that is ok. I invite you to do that if you feel like it will help you work through your thoughts on this. It will not change anything about my life, but if it can somehow make your life less painful, you should do it.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-02-2016), Awareness (06-02-2016), chunksmediocrites (06-03-2016), JoeP (06-02-2016), lisarea (06-02-2016), slimshady2357 (06-02-2016), Sock Puppet (06-02-2016), Stormlight (06-02-2016), Watser? (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 01:55 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
You are welcome. It's clear that something about this subject engages you emotionally, but it is equally clear that this is something you have no ability whatsoever to change, since it occurs entirely in the lives of other people, independently of you and your thoughts. I have no doubt that for many years, social norms papered over this thing that other people do that causes you discomfort for whatever reason. But that is no longer the case, and there is no reliable taboo there to insulate you from your angst. In addition to being frustrating, experiencing emotional reactions to things over which we have no agency can be a frightening thing; it turns us back into children. I think the world would be better if that fright wasn't translated so readily into dehumanization of other people who are just trying to live their lives.

Awareness, if it helps you to lecture me about my sexuality and my relationships, that is ok. I invite you to do that if you feel like it will help you work through your thoughts on this. It will not change anything about my life, but if it can somehow make your life less painful, you should do it.

It does not engage me emotionally that much, but indeed your last words help
Quote:
Awareness, if it helps you to lecture me about my sexuality and my relationships, that is ok.
........that is my goal kind of.........

Now it kind of ends and i got a little to taste what homosexuality could be, no not that , can homosexuality stand straight and exist .......
I thought in the beginning is everything getting out of hand.....but no , it's not.
Sometimes i would see a man , where people gather in let's say a government building, and he would be dressed up. It's not that i want to be kind, but i think that of myself is that he would also get my attention to make her feel at ease. And he worked at the place where my wife works, and they would chit and chat really friendly.........You see , i do not care how somebody looks
either i try to find out what kind of person he or she is, and we talk, and that way we forget how we look........but dressing up and having a change is a way different level, that i find really sad in a person.....and reading on FB (newspaper of today ) that even children have sex changes......
But i do believe that you can not tell and may not tell anybody what they have to do.
But it is also wrong to treat people like porcelein, in general we have to connect once in a while with each other.......

Thanks, from:
ChuckF (06-02-2016), Stormlight (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 02:07 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Did your wife's co-worker treat you or your wife harshly or unjustly, or was he unkind?

Did you have an opportunity to speak with him, and express your feelings to him?
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 05:03 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Awareness, your avatar really suits you as you seem to be trying to drag humanity back into the dark ages. But you should know that if that were to happen you wouldn't be a knight, you would probably be scrubbing the floors of some dungeon somewhere, on the days you were allowed in the castle.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:10 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Awareness, your avatar really suits you as you seem to be trying to drag humanity back into the dark ages. But you should know that if that were to happen you wouldn't be a knight, you would probably be scrubbing the floors of some dungeon somewhere, on the days you were allowed in the castle.
Being gay is even older than Jesus thedoc, but i still think it is a choice, maybe that is the problem, you think being gay is evolutionairy, treading on new grounds, being very special?

Being gay is just a choice, and you are not born with it...............

How you are able to feel is A O K, and what you think can change in a jiffy...

But remember thedoc, we live in a society where people STILL think that how you look is your identity.........which is of course the ancient mistake..
How about explaining how you come by the conclusion that i want to drag humanity back to the dark ages ?

Actually how i think is super modern, only when in love may you use your sex.......

Since the dawn of time we do it like chimps do, and indeed just like us, not even having to think, let alone feel, because that is also good for nothing....the chimp way is indeed ancient........

In the dark ages they even did it then with dogs, as a dark ages drawing illustrates on a wall of a dark ages church........

LOVING EACH OTHER AND THEN USING SEX, THAT IS SUPER MODERN,

but not doing like a couple of Neaderthals or doing it with a Neanderthal

So when you are in love as a man and a woman you are able to transcend when you are doing it, trying to reach each other's identity, each other's soul.

Say the man and woman had no sex, they would only be able to hug each other real tight thedoc............but that is not the case is it......

FOR CENTURIES NOW IT IS STILL CHIMPANZEE TIME FOR MAN !!!

LET THE MODERN TIMES COMMENCE WHERE LOVE IS THE LEADER OF HAVING OR BETTER USING SEX,

TRYING TO REACH EACH OTHER'S SOUL,

BUT I SAY TO YOU , YOU ARE REALLY MISSING OUT GAY MAN.

THAT IS ACTUALLY WONDERFUL and truly extatic TWO MEN OR WOMEN LOVING EACH OTHER,

BUT DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO CRUSH THE LOVE OR BRING IT DOWN BY HAVING ORDINARY SEX?

Being homosexueel is just liking a body, loving someone on the other hand is loving everyone

Last edited by Awareness; 06-02-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Did your wife's co-worker treat you or your wife harshly or unjustly, or was he unkind?

Did you have an opportunity to speak with him, and express your feelings to him?
No she was quite nice with my wife, as i said chitting and chatting, with myself on the other hand was more he with me, a little drawn back........natural of course, Jesus what does that do to a mind i wonder.........

But a question for you ChuckF, aside, if i may?

If you are in control of your brain , of your thoughts, who is you ChuckF ?

Old 06-02-2016, 06:22 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

It is challenging and perhaps impossible ever to know the mind of another.

I don't know if I am in control of my brain and my thoughts, or if my brain and my thoughts are in control of me. I don't know where to draw the line between the two. As for who "me" is - this is the question that I daily try to answer. Some days I feel like I get closer to the answer, and other days I feel like I make no progress at all.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-03-2016), The Man (06-03-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

ceptimus (06-08-2016), chunksmediocrites (06-03-2016), The Man (06-03-2016)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy