Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

This isn't really a weird dream, not for me, but this is a dream thrad and this is where I'm putting my dream I had.

The first I remember is I'm in the kitchen. Not my kitchen but someone else's. It's not someone's kitchen I've seen or been in before but I know it's my parent's house. We're having an impromptu party and I'm supposed to be baking a pizza. Someone distracts me somehow and the pizza goes wrong. Not completely but enough that I'm offended and I don't want to serve it to my family.

So I go to the store to replace it. But I want to be smart. I know the original pizza wouldn't have been enough for everyone who was there so I'm going to buy two to replace the one. I am a clever bort. I get to the store and they don't have this specific brand of pizza there. This is truly terrible. I can't replace the one pizza with two pizzas of a different type! I'm searching every isle, usually getting tricked by the model planes isle. I have to find the right brand of pizza or everything I've worked hard for is ruined!

Finally, I just end up picking two pizzas of some other type. But it gets even more distressing. Not only are these two pizzas just wrong, they are really wrong. They're some kind of experimental thing. You know how you make pizzas, right. Roll out the dough, add sauce and cheese and toppings and it's all one big thing? These weren't. I mean, maybe they were at one time, but not anymore. All the slices are separated. So, it's like an exploded model of a pizza. But remember this is experimental! The packaging cooks the pizzas if it gets to a certain temperature or something because the boxes start getting hotter as I'm taking them all home.

What I'm not telling you is that while I was frantic and searching all the wrong isles for pizza of the right brand LISAPEA was being mean to me. "IT WOULD TASTE MUCH BETTER," she'd say "IF YOU USED FRESH INGREDIENTS." And in my head I was all "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT HAS TO BE A SPECIFIC THING OR THEY'LL KNOW AND BE MAD." What I knew I couldn't tell her because it would be a terrible thing to say let alone think is "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAY, ALTON BROWN?!" I actually thought that much later after I was thinking about the dream.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (04-11-2013), curses (04-11-2013), erimir (04-11-2013), Janet (05-01-2013), lisarea (04-11-2013), livius drusus (05-01-2013), Nullifidian (04-13-2013), Sock Puppet (04-11-2013), Stormlight (04-15-2013), The Lone Ranger (05-31-2013), wei yau (04-11-2013), Ymir's blood (04-11-2013)
Old 04-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Coffin Creep

:kicken:
BrotherMan (04-11-2013), Janet (05-01-2013), lisarea (04-11-2013), livius drusus (05-01-2013), Nullifidian (04-13-2013), Stormlight (04-15-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 03:48 AM
California Sober

I finished with classes yesterday, but with the weird way the final exam dates fell, I still have three deadlines between now and next Thursday when I leave.

I slept in late today and had weird nightmares about LA. Nothing specifically work-related or anything, just out-there shit like being at the beach/boardwalk and everything is catching on fire and there are bad guys running around with guns. I'm thinking possibly the stuff going on in the news might have something to do with that.

I kept waking up and then wanting to go back to sleep because, hey, at least I was at the beach!
Anastasia Beaverhausen (05-30-2013), Janet (05-01-2013), Nullifidian (05-02-2013), Stormlight (05-28-2013), Ymir's blood (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Coffin Creep

I rarely remember my dreams which is fortunate. I dreamt about some institution and there was a guy living there who was mentally different in some way. A bunch of stuff happened but eventually there was some sort of utility problem with his room and he went outside to work on it. Some people, maybe from an agency, saw him outside and tried to have him confined. Then lisarea was in the dream standing up for the guy. I think that's when I woke up.

This morning, at first it was just cool to have lisarea in my dream and then it occurred to me that I wasn't. I've had these from childhood, the dream starts normally and then suddenly I'm just watching it unfold and the character who was me is now someone else while I am just a presence observing what goes on. The other kind dream, the nightmares, don't mess my head up nearly as bad.
BrotherMan (05-01-2013), Ensign Steve (05-01-2013), Janet (05-01-2013), Kyuss Apollo (05-02-2013), lisarea (05-01-2013), Stormlight (05-28-2013), Watser? (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 03:04 AM
A fellow sophisticate

I had a weird Star Trek dream today. I dreamed Romulans captured some Starfleet personnel and put them in bags that resembled the eggs of a giant flightless bee species on a planet called Rasperus or Rasterus, the bees being about 10 feet long and red and black instead of yellow and black. The hive had flying bees too, they were the drones, who picked up the hostages in bee egg bags and carried them to the hive, the hive being in an abandoned office building. The wingless workers carried them into hive chambers, where they were put with other eggs soon to be hatched. When the larvae hatched they were moved into feeding chambers. The ones that didn't hatch were taken out of the front of the hive and the drones would fly down and bite them in half. The halves then would be taken back inside the hive to be fed to the larvae and the queen. An attempt to beam the people aboard the starship was made, but when the suspect egg case was beamed aboard, they would find strange creatures inside and not the humans expected. One such creature was a furry round ball with a cat face and eight legs, which carried its young on its back. When it was beamed aboard, the young scurried off the creature's back to underneath it, making it appear to have a hundred legs instead of eight. The creatures were all captured and caged. A rescue mission was mounted. I was on the away team sent to rescue them, blasting bees with phasers right and left as we were under constant attack. I awoke right as a drone bee was on me, about to bite me in half. Yes, I was wearing a red shirt.
Adam (05-28-2013), Corona688 (09-01-2014), Ensign Steve (05-28-2013), Janet (05-28-2013), Kyuss Apollo (05-28-2013), lisarea (05-28-2013), S.Vashti (05-28-2013), Stormlight (05-28-2013), Ymir's blood (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 03:14 AM
Coffin Creep

Security/Engineering wears red and black while Command wears gold and black.
In the normal world, bees are gold and black.
In the dream world, bees are red and black.
In the normal ST universe, wearing red is bad.
In the dream world, mightn't wearing gold be bad?
Adam (05-28-2013), curses (05-28-2013), Dingfod (05-28-2013), Ensign Steve (05-28-2013), lisarea (05-28-2013), Stormlight (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 AM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

On Saturday night I dreamed that FF was gone. It was owned by some man who never actually posted here and wasn't one of the admins. He decided he didn't want to pay the bills anymore and let it lapse. It happened over a long weekend when I wasn't checking in here so I had no warning and no idea how to contact any of you. I was pretty bummed out when I woke.

Once I was fully awake I realized it wasn't far off from what actually happened with the Canadian World Domination forum.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette

Last edited by Janet; 05-28-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Thanks, from:
Adam (05-28-2013), curses (05-28-2013), Ensign Steve (05-28-2013), lisarea (05-28-2013), Stormlight (05-29-2013), Ymir's blood (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi

liv wouldn't let that happen to us. Right, liv? Right? :scaredbaby:
BrotherMan (05-28-2013), erimir (05-29-2013), Janet (05-28-2013), lisarea (05-28-2013), Qingdai (05-29-2013), SharonDee (05-28-2013), Stormlight (05-29-2013), Ymir's blood (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Bow down before me ... or not.

I had a dream the other night that I bit down on something hard and broke out two teeth in the upper left jaw. I woke up and realized my teeth back there were hurting. A quick check and cleaning revealed a popcorn hull stuck under the gums and causing havok.

I hear people are supposed to floss or something but statistically speaking this sort of thing is highly unlikely so why waste the time every night?
ceptimus (05-31-2013), Ensign Steve (05-28-2013), Janet (05-28-2013), lisarea (05-28-2013), Stormlight (05-29-2013)
Old 05-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Tellifying

The Big One woke me up from a sound sleep, by lightly tapping me on the elbow, while standing over me...the long hair on her head silhouetted by the light from the window. She then took my place in bed and I moved over to The Little One's room, who later woke me up by screaming "Whoa!" and then started to cry.

All she could say was, "The Girl talked to her." After a few pats to the back and a rendition of the ABC song, she went back to sleep, while I remained awake with visions of creepy little Japanese girls in my head.
BrotherMan (05-30-2013), ceptimus (05-31-2013), curses (05-30-2013), Demimonde (05-30-2013), Janet (05-30-2013), Kael (05-31-2013), lisarea (05-30-2013), Stormlight (07-03-2013), Ymir's blood (05-30-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 12:33 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Today, I awoke from this dream.

Sixty year old seven foot two inch tall Max "Maximum" Jackson was a former professional basketball player, who through a series of bad investments, a lavish lifestyle, one embezzling accountant, and a couple of ex-wives and their slick lawyers was nearly broke when he bought an old church in his old neighborhood. The church wasn't large, but the sanctuary in front and a high-ceilinged chapel on the second floor of the classroom building affording him the ceiling height he felt he needed because Max felt cramped in ordinary height rooms. The church building was sided in drab gray asbestos shingles with peeling white painted trim. He never got the money or inclination to make improvements.

A year or so after using the church as his personal residence, money got tight, so he turned the sanctuary into a grocery store, more of a convenience store because it didn't have meat or produce, just canned goods and junk food and beverages. It became something of a community center, where people would meet to chat and chew [prepackaged sandwiches and snack food]. Max hired me, the teenaged me, to work stocking shelves. Why, I was never sure because he had two adult children living in the church with him. Marcus, 35, who was never employed as far as I could tell, and Maxine, 32, who never lifted a finger around the place, and was never really around.

Marcus had twin children who had run of the place, Jerold and Jackson, both twelve or thirteen. Jerry and Jack and I would spend a lot of time shooting hoops in the front courtyard of the church, on a portable basketball goal set up there. If you overshot the rim, the ball would go bouncing down the steps and across the dirt and gravel parking lot into the tall weeds beyond if you didn't scramble.

Money got tighter for Max, he began to lose his faithful clientele, even his old friends who would come around and drink coffee and sodas and beer and shoot the shit with him stopped coming because he became surly and belligerant. Shoplifting was always a problem there, and before this, he didn't seem to care. Then, a neighborhood kid tried to rip off a case of beer and Max caught him and nearly beat him to death. The police arrested Max for that, but eventually, with the services of a good lawyer friend, was acquitted. Even though I kept his store running while he sat in jail, he came home and fired me.

I already had two paychecks that bounced at the bank, now he owed me a third. When I would come around a couple times a week, Max would tell me, "You'll get your money, kid, go away." I went away. Then one morning, the twins found Max's cold dead body at the bottom of the steps below the basketball goal. They didn't know what to do so they woke their dad Marcus up. I came by in my usual attempt to collect on my paychecks, found the trio by the body. Marcus decided he wanted Max to look heroic or something, so he proposed carrying the body up the steps, making him fall down them with his arm in the basketball hoop like he had made one final dunk. This went badly, Max's body fell in such a way that his arm in the hoop was broken, his neck broken, and the backboard cracked his skull. Of course, since he was already dead this didn't hurt.

The cops didn't buy it, mainly because of the fact that anyone that knew Max in the last decade knew he couldn't jump anymore because of bad knees. I was questioned as a suspect because Max owed me money. Marcus was a suspect because Max had a million dollar life insurance policy. Maxine was a suspect because of that and that she always hated her name. The twins remained silent about it all, afraid they'd be accused. We were all cleared of murder charges by the autopsy, the results of which took months to get, which showed Max had died of a massive heart attack before falling down the steps. Marcus got charged with misdemeanor desecration of a corpse, copped a plea and did community service instead of jail. I rode my bicycle off into the sunset. I don't know if I ever got that money he owed me.
BrotherMan (05-31-2013), ceptimus (05-31-2013), Corona688 (09-09-2013), lisarea (05-31-2013), Saxatilis (05-31-2013), Stormlight (07-03-2013), wei yau (05-31-2013), Ymir's blood (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 08:54 AM
puzzler

In last night's dream, I drilled a hole in the outside wall of my house and planted an orange tree in the hole.

But then I decided that as the tree grew it might damage the wall, so it was better to have an aquatic, free-swimming orange tree that would normally live on the bottom of an ocean or lake, and it would then swim up to the surface whenever it was time for the oranges to be harvested.

While researching the different varieties of tree available, I flew to a Mediterranean island known for the abundance of orange trees swimming off its beaches. I became interested in why the roof tiles of the dwellings on the island were different colors - and the colors weren't randomly scattered: there was a large suburb in the hills where most of the tiles were blue, but down near the coast green and brown tiles were more common. Finally I decided that I live too far from salt water to make the orange tree project feasible, and that I would fall back on just buying oranges from the supermarket (not that I eat oranges very often anyway). :shrug:
Old 05-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Now in six dimensions!

Many people have had their orange tree harvesting dreams foiled by lack of access to the large salt-water oceans they prefer to roam in.

In last night's dream, I was scrubbing the toilet, but no matter how much I scrubbed, it was not clean.

Somehow it seemed a lot more terrifying and less mundane than it reads.
ceptimus (05-31-2013), erimir (05-31-2013), Janet (05-31-2013), lisarea (05-31-2013), Stormlight (05-31-2013), Ymir's blood (05-31-2013)
Old 06-01-2013, 07:44 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Last night I dreamed the gummint used tsunamis as a weapon, to destroy coastal cities and ports, triggering them with nukes. People took to the streets in protest. Combine harvester machines were being used to kill and chop up protesters. People were running and screaming as the combine harvesters herded them through the streets, chopping up the slower protesters. I only barely escaped being killed in my dream because I had a grey Cadillac-brand enclosed four-wheeler that could morph into a motorcycle, which I quickly maneuvered between big green combine harvesters, making my escape into the green hills above the city. Come get me here, combine harvesters.
BrotherMan (06-01-2013), Corona688 (03-09-2014), Janet (06-01-2013), lisarea (06-01-2013), Stormlight (07-03-2013), Ymir's blood (06-02-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Shit. Crap. Fuck. Motherfucker.

I was making this really awesome collage. The only part I can remember sort of clearly is that I'd found a cement bag that had advertised that it came in "50 shades of grey" under a picture of some old nerdy looking guy. But there was another part of it that was BRILLIANT, but all I can clearly remember is that it was in fondant and I'd cut it off some cake somewhere, and when I woke up, I was still trying to figure out how to preserve it so it wouldn't droop or melt or anything like that.

But the whole thing formed not just one clear linear narrative, but then also had a really clear subtext. And I KNEW I was asleep, and was willing myself to remember the whole thing so I could I guess do it or something,* but then I went and distracted myself by trying to figure out how to preserve the fondant. FUCK.

* I still have never gotten around to making "Mushmouth's Dharma Name," though, which was just a layered cutout of Mushmouth from Fat Albert made out of different colors of fruit leather, so the likelihood of my actually doing something so much more involved is pretty slim, I guess.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (07-01-2013), Demimonde (07-01-2013), Dragar (07-01-2013), Janet (07-03-2013), Stormlight (07-03-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Now in six dimensions!

I have had this dream twice now. I didn't remember it at all until I had it the second time.

I have my house key. It is a big fat, sturdy sort of house key. And I am messing with it, just fiddling with it. And when I do, I manage to bend the metal 'key' part of the key at right angles to the barrel. And then I panic, and try to bend it back, only the key snaps in half.

So now I've snapped in half my house key, and the spare is inside the house, so I can't get back in. And it's the worst thing in all the world. And I wake up completely believing I've done this terrible thing and spend a good ten minutes persuading myself it was really a dream.
Crumb (07-01-2013), Demimonde (07-01-2013), Dingfod (07-01-2013), Janet (07-03-2013), lisarea (07-01-2013), Stormlight (07-03-2013), Ymir's blood (07-02-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 05:48 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I was awakened by a nightmare yesterday morning at 5:00 AM. I dreamed that I had taken a vacation trip during which I used my smartphone as a dashcam. I didn't realize that I had it set to automatically send the image files to a photo hosting site. After I got home from this trip, I got a bill from T-Mobile for $46,800, mostly for data roaming. It was so real that I woke up with my heart racing and out of breath. I got up, went to the bathroom, then laid back down to try to go back to sleep. I could not. I had to get up and get online and check my T-Mobile account. There I found out that as long as I'm in the U.S., there are no data roaming charges, which is weird, because I got a message while on vacation to Oregon that warned me I had amassed data roaming charges of over $50. I checked my latest bill, which was through 16th of June, which happens to be the last day of the vacation trip. No data roaming charges were to be found. Whew!
Demimonde (07-01-2013), Dragar (07-01-2013), Janet (07-03-2013), lisarea (07-01-2013), Stormlight (07-03-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 04:19 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Television Re: Weird Dream(s)

I dreamed that my friend and I were at an intersection. It looked a lot like this one nearby that's a quasi-roundabout. It's not a real roundy because of its size, see.

So, in my dream that I had, we pulled up to the roundy thing but the through traffic is not obeying the rule of the circle! The speed limit on the road is 35 (a little fast for a residential place like it is, but anyway) but cars are whizzing past at like 60 or something. You know, really fast. Dangerously fast! I can't remember if another car is in trouble or what, but I think I'm going to handle this and I get out and attempt to direct traffic. Which doesn't go so good, see. A couple more cars whiz by and almost get me! But I tried, right? Just as I'm giving up and getting back in the car, a guy comes driving from the side street and goes right on through the intersection, making the right turn just as another car comes barreling in. He narrowly avoids the accident by making a sharp left turn and runs off the road - and here's how it reminds me that it's a dream. Instead of going into somebody's yard or house like he should have there's another road there, making it a four way yield instead of the three way that it is. Weird.

Another story from the same dream state:

For some reason I'm driving some Land Cruiser looking thing. I pull up to this gated community (like where I imagine Sock living now, you know?). The kindly gentleman at the entrance insists on checking the vehicle over before I get to where I'm going. He asks me to open the hood, which for some stupid dream reason is almost impossible because I can barely reach the switch that opens the latch. I assume he finishes when he lays the hood down and start to pull off but he stops me, again insisting on checking the fluid levels and whatever. I'm having a damned time keeping the land yachter from rolling. I keep pushing on the brake pedal but it's like my short term memory and motor control are for shit and I keep creeping forward. All the while he's being super nice and checking tire pressure and freshening the air in the cabin. I am doing my best to be kind in return and saying "Thank you" and "that's very kind of you, thank you." To which he is constantly saying "Yessir. Of course, sir. Indeed, sir," as I assume butler type people are trained to do.
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (08-19-2013), Janet (08-15-2013), lisarea (08-15-2013), Sock Puppet (08-15-2013), SR71 (08-15-2013), Watser? (08-17-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

Another way to tell it's a dream: if you actually see Sock living in a gated community.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (08-15-2013), Dingfod (08-19-2013), Janet (08-15-2013), lisarea (08-15-2013), Qingdai (08-15-2013), SharonDee (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Coffin Creep

:therapy:

So mr bort, do you often dream of cars whizzing on you?
BrotherMan (08-15-2013), Dingfod (08-19-2013), Janet (08-15-2013), Sock Puppet (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 07:27 PM

Smile Re: Weird Dream(s)

Oh no, dreams and cars. Here's a recurring one of mine: I'm driving my car and my leg lacks the strength to depress the brake pedal. I always crash into something or someone and am horribly embarrassed and afraid. (Embarrassed?)

Often I'm speeding around dangerous curves when this happens, making the inevitable crash even more horrific.

Usually I'm driving my Nissan Maxima in these dreams. The other night I was driving my Mazda Miata convertible when it began to happen. And in my dream I was all, "Oh no, you don't, dream. This is Mah Precious!"

Does that count as lucid dreaming?
Adam (08-15-2013), Ari (09-04-2013), BrotherMan (08-15-2013), Dingfod (08-19-2013), lisarea (08-15-2013), Watser? (08-17-2013), Ymir's blood (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

I think the dreams about inexplicably lacking the strength or motor control to drive a car are pretty common. I've had them quite a few times, and so have a number of other people I've talked to.

I had a weird one last night that started out at a family party, at which I was very concerned to get my (deceased IRL) grandfather some ice cream, and somehow segued into a friend of mine showing up at the party, having recently become some sort of mob boss, and trying to hire me to assassinate various people. In particular, there was a princess of Thailand, I think, that he wanted me to kill, based on the fact that I had met her once while on vacation with my ex? Anyway, instead he and I ended up attending her beautiful outdoor wedding, although we were super underdressed because we were just wearing t shirts and jeans. The end.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (08-15-2013), Janet (08-15-2013), lisarea (08-15-2013), SharonDee (08-15-2013), SR71 (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 07:58 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

There may be some other and deeper psychological thing going on but I've been in more than my fair share of non-injury accidents involving me not stopping in time so it's possible that my brain is still dealing with that kind of thing in the way it do.

:inmycar:
Old 08-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

I dreamt a science fiction story, plot in short. Waves are being used to kidnap kids by their future adult cohorts.
Watser? (08-17-2013), Ymir's blood (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

I had a dream about how I really needed to pee, and I went to the toilet and did it. BUT THEN I STILL NEEDED TO PEE.

Then I woke up, and realized that I needed to pee, and I went and peed and then I didn't need to pee anymore.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (08-15-2013), Dingfod (08-19-2013), Janet (08-27-2013), lisarea (08-15-2013), livius drusus (08-31-2013), Qingdai (08-15-2013), Stormlight (08-26-2013), Ymir's blood (08-16-2013)

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium