Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 10-07-2007, 03:30 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Default Re: $6 Million McStripSearch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1111 The Jesus Lawyer In The Service Of Zeke
why didn't you address me by name, Ang?
Two points:

1) I didn't actually directly address you in my last post at all. I quoted something you had written and I referenced an opinion you had expressed.

2) You have had at least 3 names, that I know of, on this board. I find it annoying when people change their names (a personal idiosyncrasy of mine). The 11:11 thing seems to be a constant that identifies you across those changes, so I have decided to use it when referring to you. Should you again change your name, sometime in the future, people will still understand who I meant when I referred to 11:11.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:13 AM
Northier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by livius drusus View Post
Thank you for that excellent articulation of my inchoate thoughts, Brim. How he covered her up every time his fiancée walked in, how he told his friend "I have done something terribly bad" as soon as he left... Anyway, what you said.
You're very kind. And yes, I was thinking about those same things. On some level, he must have known what he was doing.

:germany: :tx: :co: :ca: :wy: :nv: :il: :navajonation: :az: :tx: :ak:
Old 10-07-2007, 04:24 AM
Admin

Good insights, Brimshack. I think this comment by his defense attorney, Kathleen Schmidt, is entirely consistent with that assessment:
"He's been remorseful from day one," said Schmidt. "I mean, he feels terrible about it. His particular, you know, psychological makeup and IQ, the fact that his girlfriend asked him to come help. I mean, it was almost like the perfect storm of things that culminated in him being at the restaurant and following the caller."
Old 10-07-2007, 04:32 AM
you're next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
Two points:

1) I didn't actually directly address you in my last post at all. I quoted something you had written and I referenced an opinion you had expressed.

2) You have had at least 3 names, that I know of, on this board. I find it annoying when people change their names (a personal idiosyncrasy of mine). The 11:11 thing seems to be a constant that identifies you across those changes, so I have decided to use it when referring to you. Should you again change your name, sometime in the future, people will still understand who I meant when I referred to 11:11.

well...i won't be changing my SCREEN name again, but i have always gone by the name michael...that works too. people would have known who you were referring to and this isn't the future. i admit that changing my name was lame, but i did it and it is done. i don't plan on doing it again. i learned a few things about myself from being here...

anyhow, a few people have changed their names here besides me. what do you do when you don't have a number to call them?

michael :)
Old 10-07-2007, 04:34 AM
you're next

for what it is worth, my thanks to you was an honest one, brimshack...it was a good post.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheServiceOfZeke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
Two points:

well...i won't be changing my SCREEN name again, but i have always gone by the name michael...that works too. people would have known who you were referring to and this isn't the future. i admit that changing my name was lame, but i did it and it is done. i don't plan on doing it again. i learned a few things about myself from being here...

anyhow, a few people have changed their names here besides me. what do you do when you don't have a number to call them?

michael :)
If it really matters to you I will try to use michael in the future, though 11:11 is easier to remember and much more specific to you. As for others who have changed, or will change, their names, my response is on a case by case basis and I make no claim to consistency in the matter.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:24 AM
you're next

naw...i wasn't sure if you were mocking...maybe you are, but go ahead and keep using 11:11 anyhow. :)
Old 10-07-2007, 05:29 AM

It is not intended as mockery. A little good natured ribbing maybe, but not mockery. At least, not with any intention to be hurtful. In every other respect I believe that my responses to your posts have generally been respectful, have they not?
Old 10-07-2007, 05:31 AM
you're next

yeah yeah...it's all good. i think you're a really good guy. i admire you for doing good things for people. i just think you caught me at a bad time :)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law