Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 01-29-2010, 01:00 AM

Default Re: New And Improved Rant Thread, now with 50% more profanity!

Gah! So very, very, very tired of coughing! Almost two weeks of this shit--interspersed with faucet nostrils--is enough already.

Coworker who got this a week before I did is still coughing, too, although considerably less than I am.

Sick of being sick. Yep.

Oh, and: Fuck. Shit. God dammit!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:03 AM
winging it

"Dirty little fuckbird wannabe"? Oh, I like that...:eyes:

Hope you feel better sooner rather than later. Winter isn't torture enough without being sick as well.
Thanks, from:
SharonDee (01-29-2010)
Old 01-29-2010, 01:10 AM
ŧiggermonkey

Angry Re: New And Improved Rant Thread, now with 50% more profanity!

RL rant to the guy in the other room just now...

srsly? you think I'M rude because I want to be able to hear the person on the other end of the line that YOU TOLD ME TO CALL even????? srsly???! When all I did was put my index finger up indicating "shush, I can't hear" ????

eh, no, asshole, it's you who's rude.. more than rude... so, no, YOU screw off asshole. Get fucked and die.

You're sorry? You're not fucking sorry. You don't even know wtf you're saying you're sorry for. Sorry? Maybe sorry that you have to listen to my mouth again. That's about it.

I told him that he doesn't need to wonder why I don't want to talk to him hardly ever anymore... it's because talking to him means a one way conversation and I hate to break it to him but he's the only one who wants to hear nothing but the sound of his voice all the fucking time, so no need to wonder why. WTF... I'd like to finish a fucking sentence JUST ONCE.

And I'd like to hear what someone else is saying in the conversation rather than listening to say, Justin last night.. meanwhile Pierre's off in his own little world, which in itself is fine, but then Pierre just starts talking over Justin to Justin and I about something COMPLETELY FUCKING DIFFERENT... and Justin was answering a question that I asked him. I stopped Justin, stopped Pierre and politely asked him to wait until Justin was done, ty, and he got all pissy.

So, I told him tonight that until he realizes that he's not 5 anymore and doesn't need to be the center of attention all the time and learns how to respect me and other people in conversations, don't talk to me anymore. Unless it's necessary, just don't talk to me.

It's just ridiculous. We've been down this road, along with a million others, 80millionzillion fucking times. I don't buy any of his bullshit anymore. If you can't walk the walk, then I don't want to hear the talk. STFU.

And then finally I told him that he might consider trading me in for two 20's because ONE of 'em MIGHT buy his bullshit for at least a couple years.

... and left it at that.

256 colors (01-29-2010), Caligulette (01-30-2010), chunksmediocrites (01-29-2010), Demimonde (01-29-2010), Garnet (01-29-2010), Stormlight (02-05-2010), Tanda (01-29-2010)
Old 01-29-2010, 02:03 AM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Mofos go pushing around employees hung out on the line. Coercing protected health information from staff not involved in patient care and never in patient care areas for the purpose of making the institution look good to the fucking pharmaceutical companies...

Yeah? Well, they taught me what to do when I saw HIPAA guidelines being violated, so I did it. I reported my fucking hypocritical dictatorial goddamn employer to the federal government (DHH-Office of Civil Rights) for HIPAA violations related to forcing non-clinical personnel to submit protected health information to non-secure personnel (their managers). Mofos threaten me with termination for not wanting to provide them, a totally untrustworthy, unethical and irresponsible health care provider with my personal health information...without adequate reason.

Plus, the whole goddamned influenza vaccination program is dubious to begin with...and...if the director of the program, the institution's chief medical officer, were aware of the situation, he's realize that he was violating patient and staff rights as a patsy for a largely unnecessary program...a dangerous one in the longer run, as it is reinforcing the distrust of the public in the providers of their care.

We'll see how this 'remedy' works for those screwed over....
Old 01-29-2010, 03:28 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry n. glad View Post
I reported my fucking hypocritical dictatorial goddamn employer
You mean you violated their first amendment rights???
Thanks, from:
Adam (02-01-2010), Anastasia Beaverhausen (01-29-2010), Caligulette (01-29-2010), Shelli (01-29-2010), Sock Puppet (01-29-2010)
Old 01-29-2010, 03:58 PM
nominalistic existential pragmaticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
Shit, fuck, damn. pow, zap! I really don't think there was enough profanity in that last post. Damn it all to hell, let's step it up, folks!
I wrote damn and screwed. I even wrote Rambler American, Bismarck and North Dakota. Sorry if my profanity does not meet your high standards. What the hell do you want from me?
:nono: :not:

It's just not enough. Especially so since it's obviously not a rant. So very sorry to use you as an example, but this is a rant thread, damn it, and it's screwy to use it to relate funny stories about ... anything. I want more rants, far more rants, rants with a minimum of 50% more profanity! I'm not getting that, and shucks, it's making me mad!
Old 01-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

You're not setting a great example in that post, Ms. Shucks. Let's get some more motherfucking profanity to save this pusbucket thread from the shitheap.

:sockpuppet:...........
Old 01-29-2010, 05:04 PM
lumpy proletariat

For fuck's sake. I finally get a fucking chance to alphabetize the fucking self help section and I'm about 12 shelves from completion when I hear a fucking huge WHOOOSSHHHHDRIPLEDRIPDRIP from an aisle away. Fucking fucking HELL. Fucking water from the fucking under-ceiling thing.

IT HAS NOT RAINED FOR A FUCKING DAY OR SO - but the fucking FLAT ROOF had a small leak, which has been slowly draining into the plastic sheeting stapled over the insulation (because we're So Fucking Cool and Warehouse-Like, so we don't have an actual sub-ceiling, just rafters and ducts and pipes) and the fucking staples gave way and fucking DELUGED the Pacific Northwest Section, the travel writing section, and of course- because if someone's going to suffer, it's going to be the Jews- the Jewish history section. FUCK!

AND FUCK YOU< LADY who decided that, despite four people mopping, and sopping up water, and two people rapidly moving the books from the shelf to maybe hopefully dry them off, that NOW IS A FUCKING PERFECT FUCKING TIME TO FUCKING BROWSE!!

"Oh, no excuse me" while moving not even a half fucking inch when we're fucking - hey, did I mention, a fucking FLOOD and books rapidly soaking up fucking water??>?>??? Fucking move your fucking hulking fucking frame you FUCK!!! Yes, we fucking carry fucking BIBLES, if the Good Fucking Lord and His Able Contractors haven't fucking destroyed them just now with this still dripping shower and fucking STANDING FUCKING WATER ---- how about:
GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE FUCKING WAYYY! You fucking fuck.

:demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon:
Thanks, from:
Adam (02-01-2010), Anastasia Beaverhausen (01-30-2010), Doctor X (02-02-2010), freemonkey (01-29-2010), Garnet (01-29-2010), Qingdai (01-30-2010), Shelli (01-29-2010), Sock Puppet (01-29-2010), Stormlight (02-05-2010), Tanda (01-29-2010), vremya (02-01-2010), Watser? (01-29-2010), Ymir's blood (01-29-2010), Zehava (01-29-2010)
Old 01-29-2010, 05:22 PM
professional left-winger

She probably just came from Costco
Thanks, from:
Caligulette (01-29-2010), Garnet (01-29-2010), Shelli (01-29-2010), Ymir's blood (01-29-2010)
Old 01-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Fishy mokey

Went to the fucking store and still forgot to buy freakin' matches though I wrote it on mah fucking hand and tattooed it in mah brain. Had to go back for them. And then of course, only then, did I find a fucking box of matches that has been lying around for years and I haven't noticed before. :shakeself: :shakemonkey:
Caligulette (01-29-2010), Demimonde (01-29-2010), freemonkey (01-29-2010), Shelli (01-29-2010), Stormlight (02-05-2010)
Old 01-29-2010, 07:54 PM
ŧiggermonkey

Disapprove Re: New And Improved Rant Thread, now with 50% more profanity!

This regarding the fucking loon that we presently have for a receptionist:

Someone hands her an order and tells her that it normally goes to her. Rather than ask the hander overer wtf he means by that (because she doesn't know why she was given it), she lets said person walk away and then comes to ME and asks me if *I* must normally get it because she doesn't know what to do with it.

"Who gave it to you?" I ask
"Davey", she answers.
"Did he tell you that YOU normally get it or that *I* normally get it?" I ask for clarification in case I heard wrong the first time.
"Well, me." she says
"Then YOU'LL have to ask HIM what he meant." I say, at the end of my rope.

:glare:

I am SO annoyed today. :blankstare:
Caligulette (01-29-2010), Garnet (01-29-2010), Master Taran (01-29-2010), Tanda (01-30-2010), Watser? (01-29-2010)
Old 01-29-2010, 10:00 PM
lumpy proletariat

Generalized screaming.
:onfire::onfire::onfire:
Thanks, from:
Shelli (01-29-2010), Tanda (01-30-2010), wildernesse (01-30-2010)
Old 02-01-2010, 04:00 PM
lumpy proletariat

Seriously. Se.Ri.Ous.Ly.

These two women come into the store fairly regularly and it always goes like this (with slight variations involving a title or description).

ONE: Do you have this book that is blue with a butterfly on the cover? I think it's a self help book, do you have it? It's square (YES, SHE DID!).

ME: Sounds like it could be by Maria Shriver. (It did sound like, she has one like that.) She should be under S in Self Help.

ONE: Okay. I'll go look.

She comes back later - Loudly:
ONE: I didn't find it. I'll have to go to (pause) Borders Up The Street. I know they have it.

(Me: Inwardly: Bullshit. If you don't even know the title, you know nothing, bitch.)
ME: (out loud): Oh well. There you go then.

ONE: Didn't you find your book, either? (turns to friend)
TWO: (loudly) NO. And I Looked Twice And It Says You Have Two Copies. It's by Erickson and it's in a Covered Wagon.

Me: (looks up the title she gives - it's not by Erickson) This?

TWO: NO. IT'S BY ERICKSON.

Me: There's one about covered wagons by Erickson, but it's title is this.

TWO: IT'S NOT THERE. HAVE SOMEONE BRING IT TO ME BECAUSE I ALREADY LOOKED.

So I do. My co-worker brings it. By Erickson. To her. From across the store.

TWO: NO. THAT IS NOT IT. I WILL GET THIS INSTEAD. I'LL GO TO BORDERS UP THE STREET FOR THE OTHER ONE. I KNOW THEY HAVE IT. (Like fuck. You - also - don't even know the title for which you are looking, BitchTwo.)

The book she's buying is "How to survive the loss of a loved one". My exceptionally uncharitable thought appends "when they've killed themself just to get away from you".
Thanks, from:
Adam (02-01-2010), freemonkey (02-05-2010), Master Taran (02-01-2010), One for Sorrow (02-15-2010), Shelli (02-01-2010), Watser? (02-01-2010), Ymir's blood (02-01-2010), Zehava (02-01-2010)
Old 02-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

Some days, it really gets me down that half of my job consist of third or fourth order harassment*. Today is one of those days.

* - i.e. we have a user who needs an environment created in which to do some testing, my coworker is building it, but asked me to take care of coordinating the network changes needed to get it working, and I asked the network team to take care of those. So, when the user gets anxious to have that environment, they harass my coworker, who harasses me, and I harass the network team. Everyone in the damn chain knows that everyone else in the damn chain is busy with other things, but nothing gets done unless we send these little pings of harassment up and down the line.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Captain #EmbraceTheImpossible

Fuck you purchasing department. My co-workers and I have told you at least twice that the cheap ass printer (HP p2035n) you are buying for service centers will not work in our environment. An no, you don't get to claim ignorance on this, if you do I'll just forward to you the email I sent 6 months ago stating that these printers will not work and showing your acceptance of that fact.

Take that printer off the approved list once and for fucking all. Oh that's right we have no official approved list and you just purchase whatever is cheap that week.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:46 PM
The cat that will listen

OMFG, I want to drive out of the driveway!!!!!!!
Thanks, from:
SharonDee (02-02-2010)
Old 02-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligulette View Post

ONE: ... Borders Up The Street. I know they have it.

TWO: ... I'LL GO TO BORDERS UP THE STREET FOR THE OTHER ONE.

For the record, your store is much better than the BORDERS UP THE STREET. :yup:
Caligulette (02-02-2010)
Old 02-02-2010, 03:54 PM
lumpy proletariat

In re: new computer system at work

It's actually worse than I thought it would be. And I'm something of a kvetcher.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Fishy mokey

Goddamn fucking weather, as soon as it doesn't fucking freeze here it starts pissing down.

So, I am fucking plowing along on my bike going uphill in the pouring fucking rain, my glasses covered in drops so I can barely see, when this asshole is blocking the entire bicycle lane. So I pass the motherfucker on the left, going into the fucking traffic lane, when this gaping asshole thinks he can swerve into fucking traffic. I fucking think not!

So I take my right of way by risking my fucking life and yell at him and then the motherfucker passes me and i get to yell at him again. And then he has to slow down for the light and I don't and I get to yell at him a third time. Almost fucking worth it.

I said almost!

And then on my way back another one of those fuckers blocking the track. :madrant:

I need one of those flamethrowers. :ripley:

Also help me keep warm, setting fire to the occasional car. :fire2:
Caligulette (02-03-2010), freemonkey (02-05-2010), Shelli (02-02-2010)
Old 02-02-2010, 06:30 PM
ŧiggermonkey

:notfunny:
Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 AM
California Sober

I read an email that some sent to my boss that said he should just replace me with a $5 web page. I know it's not true, and my boss knows it's not true, but it really hurt my feelings. I just kind of blew it off at the time and instead concentrated my energy and focus onto technical solutions to her problem (which is a whole other rant), but then whenever I got in the car to go home I just lost it and I cried the whole way in the car. I pulled up in Curves and kept crying in the parking lot, and then I went in and fortunately there was nobody else there but the employee and she went around the circuit with me and talked to me about her dogs and cats and made me laugh. I felt better after that, but now that I am home again I am just dwelling on those hateful words from the email and thinking how dare she?! I want to just tell her that if she thinks she can get what she gets from me for $5, she's welcome to try! But I don't work for her, I work in service of Georgia's poor and illiterate, and I have to remind myself constantly that I'm doing this work for them, and not for the a-holes at the state office who think they can just condescend to anybody and be completely offensive and rude!

:fuming:
Adam (02-16-2010), Anastasia Beaverhausen (02-05-2010), BrotherMan (02-05-2010), Caligulette (02-05-2010), curses (02-05-2010), Deadlokd (02-05-2010), Demimonde (02-05-2010), freemonkey (02-05-2010), Garnet (02-05-2010), inland wave (02-05-2010), lisarea (02-05-2010), livius drusus (02-05-2010), Shelli (02-05-2010), Stormlight (02-05-2010), vremya (02-05-2010), Watser? (02-05-2010)
Old 02-05-2010, 12:55 AM
Coffin Creep

Here is a picture of a cute kitten for ES

http://www.gronnevik.se/rjukan/uploa...e_kitten.p.jpg
Adam (02-16-2010), Ensign Steve (02-05-2010), freemonkey (02-05-2010), Shelli (02-05-2010), Stormlight (02-05-2010), vremya (02-05-2010), Watser? (02-05-2010)
Old 02-05-2010, 12:55 AM
ŧiggermonkey

:hug: for ES
Ensign Steve (02-05-2010)
Old 02-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

First of all, there's no such thing as $5 website. It ain't 1996 anymore, princess. Secondly, next time that bitch talks smack, send her here and I'll bump my Get Fucked thread just for her.
Thanks, from:
Adam (02-16-2010), BrotherMan (02-05-2010), Ensign Steve (02-05-2010), freemonkey (02-05-2010), Qingdai (02-05-2010), S.Vashti (02-05-2010), Shelli (02-05-2010), Stormlight (02-05-2010)
Old 02-05-2010, 01:44 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve View Post
I read an email that some sent to my boss that said he should just replace me with a $5 web page. I know it's not true, and my boss knows it's not true, but it really hurt my feelings. I just kind of blew it off at the time and instead concentrated my energy and focus onto technical solutions to her problem (which is a whole other rant), but then whenever I got in the car to go home I just lost it and I cried the whole way in the car. I pulled up in Curves and kept crying in the parking lot, and then I went in and fortunately there was nobody else there but the employee and she went around the circuit with me and talked to me about her dogs and cats and made me laugh. I felt better after that, but now that I am home again I am just dwelling on those hateful words from the email and thinking how dare she?! I want to just tell her that if she thinks she can get what she gets from me for $5, she's welcome to try! But I don't work for her, I work in service of Georgia's poor and illiterate, and I have to remind myself constantly that I'm doing this work for them, and not for the a-holes at the state office who think they can just condescend to anybody and be completely offensive and rude!

:fuming:
im sorry baby. fuck that stupid cunt.

curl up with v and have a good night.

i can slash her tires or beat up her hubbie if you want. im especially dangerous if he rides a bicycle :tmgrin:

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium