Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature

Old 11-06-2023, 01:56 AM
Pontificating Old Fart

Default Re: The Expanse

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories View Post
I missed this show (and thread) but my brother recommended it last Saturday so I binged the entire thing this past week. Yes, I needed some away time from reality. Anyway I liked it a lot. I came to genuinely care about some of the characters (mostly Naomi and Camina) and I didn't think there was a boring episode. I would like more of it.
I just started re-watching it this last week. Still notice new shit each time.

Apparently there is still talk of going for the final episodes based on the last three books. I'm not sure how that would work since Cass Anvar's character was a very significant part in the last trilogy.
At this point though, keeping the series in line with the books may not be nearly as important as it might have been. I'm not sure that there is a point to that. It could be fun to come up with a spin-off, though. Maybe take off on a tangent with Naomi's kid, Filip.
But then they could get carried away with that shit, too, like all the Stargate Spin-offs.

I rather liked the technology they came up with.

Probably the biggest thing was the Epstein Drive, which the has most logical solution that any SF set has developed for interplanetary travel.
Crumb (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 04:42 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: The Expanse

Didn't watch this show when it was being discussed here, but I did watch the whole thing as one of my pandemic shows.

Definitely one of the best sci-fi shows of recent years (and unlike Battlestar Galactica it didn't get all weird at the end).
Thanks, from:
Crumb (11-06-2023)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature