Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 10-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi

Default Re: Should countries outlaw the hijab, niqab and burka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
I have never personally seen a woman wearing a niqab in the US. Plenty of hijabs and semi tailored clothing covering arms to the wrists and skirts to the ankle. Are burqua and niqab common in Canada? Is it a real concern or a manufactured one?

The only place I have seen a fully covered woman, burqua with eye slits only, was in London.
There is a community in Georgia that has a very large refugee population, I have seen several niqab clad women there. Also stores in which to purchase a variety of similar garments. The most common covering around here is hijab. Friend of mine has taken to wearing hers again. She claims it's better than doing her hair. (there is a religious reason behind it but this is her go-to smartass answer when folks ask simple questions in nasty underhanded tones)
Ari (10-20-2015), chunksmediocrites (10-21-2015), Sock Puppet (10-20-2015), Stormlight (10-21-2015), The Man (10-20-2015), Watser? (10-20-2015), Ymir's blood (10-20-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 09:51 PM
puzzler

If you're a male cross-dresser who's not particularly pretty and you want to walk down the street having passers by think you are a woman, then you should consider converting to Islam so that you can wear a niqab or burka. :yup:

In fact you probably don't even have to convert - I guess christians and atheists can wear them too.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
Quote:
Apart from everything else, Muslim and white are not mutually exclusive.
No argument.

But the number of white Muslims is really small % wise.

Regards
DL
Depends what you'd call white. Azerbaijanis for instance are literally Caucasians, but most Americans wouldn't count them as white.
Azerbaijanis - Yahoo Canada Image Search Results

The men have oversize snozes for white folk but I will ignore that bit because their women seem not to.

Regards
DL
Old 10-20-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Quote:
What number do I need before it becomes pertinent?

Regards
DL
More than zero in person.
In fact a better question, how many women wearing head coverings have you talked to in person, just full stop. Taking your coffee order or ringing up your pork and beer counts too.
I listen to legions.

honor diaries 001 - YouTube

Even and especially to the dead.

2002 Mecca girls' school fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you really want young girls to be forced to wear headgear in Canada?

We have fires too.

Did anyone in your family fight and die for the freedoms you do not seem to want to extend to all Canadian women?

Where is your sense of social justice?

Regards
DL
Old 10-20-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
There are 4 Sunni schools of law/jurisprudence: Sunni Schools

The various Shi'ite denominations have their own. Plus the Ibadis (mostly in Oman) have theirs.

I'm pretty sure none of them agree with killing children if they do not want to marry a man and even surer that honor killing is something they all disagree with.
If they all disagree with it, it is strange that there were about 5,000 per year the last time I checked.

If they all disagree as you say, why did those 12 die that I linked you to?

Do you value Canadian culture so little that you will let virtual slavery happen in our country?

Is the misogyny and homophobia of Christianity and Islam not enough for you?

Regards
DL
Old 10-20-2015, 11:40 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

A response like that can only mean that the answer is zero and you don't want to admit it. You have talked to a total of zero women face to face, yet think you know what's best for them. Controlling misogynistic behavior. At the very least this does mean you haven't stepped up to harassing women on the street.

Do you really want young girls to be forced to not wear headgear in Canada?
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (10-21-2015), Crumb (10-21-2015), LadyShea (10-21-2015), SR71 (10-21-2015), Stormlight (10-21-2015), The Man (10-21-2015), Watser? (10-21-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 11:50 PM

Quote:
A response like that can only mean that the answer is zero and you don't want to admit it. You have talked to a total of zero women face to face, yet think you know what's best for them. Controlling misogynistic behavior. At the very least this does mean you haven't stepped up to harassing women on the street.

Do you really want young girls to be forced to not wear headgear in Canada?
my neighbor is Muslim and they came over a number of times this summer. I taught/am teaching their daughter to swim. The wife never went into the water and the father would not go in either at the beginning. I finally got him in because he saw how much fun his daughter and I were having. He was almost forced in because his younger son also wanted in and I could not really watch or handle both at the same time.

That aside.

To your last. ---- Yes. When it denotes slavery and shows a woman that has to do as told in pain of a beating or worse.

It is unfortunate but to free the many, a few might have to give up a small amount of freedom.

Note how the Conservatives feared Muslim habits that they passed a special law against religious extreme acts.

Regards
DL
Old 10-21-2015, 01:38 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

You might consider titling your threads as statements, as it appears you start with a foregone conclusion, and then act like a douche when people answer your question.

So rather than, "Should countries outlaw the hijab, niqab, and burka?", you can just title it, "Canada should outlaw the hijab, niqab, and burka."

Outlawing religious garb under the pretense that it is offensive to you or to your views of freedom presupposes that your views trump the views of those wearing the religious garb, and impinges on their rights or freedoms to wear what they like.

Additionally you appear to be conflating "honor killings", a feature of some cultures, and Islam, a religion.

Zero fucks are given on this forum for youtube videos, link to an article if you have evidence to back your claims.

Have you considered starting a blog? That way you can just post your opinions and don't have to bother with the part where you ignore all evidence to the contrary and complete the interaction further entrenched in your own (shit) conclusions.
Anastasia Beaverhausen (10-21-2015), Crumb (10-21-2015), LadyShea (10-21-2015), livius drusus (10-21-2015), Sock Puppet (10-21-2015), SR71 (10-21-2015), Stormlight (10-21-2015), The Man (10-21-2015), Watser? (10-21-2015), Ymir's blood (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 01:47 AM
Fishy mokey

Quote:
Quote:
There are 4 Sunni schools of law/jurisprudence: Sunni Schools

The various Shi'ite denominations have their own. Plus the Ibadis (mostly in Oman) have theirs.

I'm pretty sure none of them agree with killing children if they do not want to marry a man and even surer that honor killing is something they all disagree with.
If they all disagree with it, it is strange that there were about 5,000 per year the last time I checked.

If they all disagree as you say, why did those 12 die that I linked you to?

Do you value Canadian culture so little that you will let virtual slavery happen in our country?

Is the misogyny and homophobia of Christianity and Islam not enough for you?

Regards
DL
I don't particularly value Canadian culture, is there such a thing?

Anyway, I am saying honor killings have nothing to do with Islam, more of a culture thing around the Mediterranean. Like in Albania or Sicily too.
Ari (10-21-2015), chunksmediocrites (10-21-2015), LadyShea (10-21-2015), Stormlight (10-21-2015), The Man (10-21-2015), Ymir's blood (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 01:55 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Quote:
Apart from everything else, Muslim and white are not mutually exclusive.
No argument.

But the number of white Muslims is really small % wise.

Regards
DL
Does the number really matter?
Thanks, from:
Ari (10-21-2015), Stormlight (10-21-2015), The Man (10-21-2015), Watser? (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 02:28 AM

This thread is getting good, 'no I have never talked to the people I want to save from themselves, but did I tell you a story about how I educated them backwards people?'

Quote:
It is unfortunate but to free the many, a few might have to give up a small amount of freedom.
:rofl:
Those few are oddly never asked and never you, hmm, that seems familiar.
I'm hear to protect you, you don't have to live under such tyrannical reign now do as I say or go to jail!
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (10-21-2015), Crumb (10-21-2015), LadyShea (10-21-2015), livius drusus (10-21-2015), Sock Puppet (10-21-2015), Stormlight (10-21-2015), The Man (10-21-2015), Watser? (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Zero fucks are given on this forum for youtube videos, link to an article if you have evidence to back your claims
In fact I give -1 fucks as it's just assumed they are videos of other white dudes bitching about how horrible woman and muslims are at their laptop camera, and then I have to scrub my youtube recommended feed clean because it gets infested by whiny white dude.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (10-21-2015), Crumb (10-21-2015), LadyShea (10-21-2015), livius drusus (10-21-2015), Sock Puppet (10-21-2015), Stormlight (10-21-2015), The Man (10-21-2015), Watser? (10-21-2015), Ymir's blood (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 02:47 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
This thread is getting good, 'no I have never talked to the people I want to save from themselves, but did I tell you a story about how I educated them backwards people?'

Quote:
:rofl:
Those few are oddly never asked and never you, hmm, that seems familiar.
I'm hear to protect you, you don't have to live under such tyrannical reign now do as I say or go to jail!
Basically that. It doesn't get any less odd with repetition.

I think that Islam is pretty much a cancer on humanity and that human civilization would be much improved if it were excised. It is distinguishable from other Abrahamic faiths simply because it is the most prominently noted god-driven meat grinder of the moment. But there's not really a way to excise it in a way that is compatible with free society, so I'll just deal with people wearing whatever they want to, I guess. Dress codes are kind of silly half measures anyway. There are other good policy solutions to death cults like Islam that don't infringe on fundamental notions of personal freedom. Things like economic opportunity, and access to birth control, and scrupulous exclusion of religion from affairs of state. Just seems like most of the time the people who are most "concerned" about the hijab and sharia and other real scary stuff like that are also very concerned about those kinds of things, too.
Thanks, from:
Ari (10-21-2015), ceptimus (10-21-2015), chunksmediocrites (10-21-2015), Crumb (10-21-2015), Kael (10-21-2015), LadyShea (10-21-2015), Sock Puppet (10-21-2015), SR71 (10-21-2015), Stormlight (10-21-2015), The Man (10-21-2015), Ymir's blood (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 04:41 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
If they all disagree with it, it is strange that there were about 5,000 per year the last time I checked
It must seem strange to you that thousands of children die from parental abuse too, seeing as how most all societies, religions, and humans disagree with killing your own children. Seriously WTF?

And can you explain this Canadian culture that must be protected from Brown people? I thought it was just like American culture but colder and with national health care?
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (10-21-2015), The Man (10-21-2015), Watser? (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 05:13 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
There are other good policy solutions to death cults like Islam that don't infringe on fundamental notions of personal freedom. Things like economic opportunity, and access to birth control, and scrupulous exclusion of religion from affairs of state. Just seems like most of the time the people who are most "concerned" about the hijab and sharia and other real scary stuff like that are also very concerned about those kinds of things, too.
Quality education, especially education of women, has an effect too.

And it's good for everybody, coincidentally.
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (10-21-2015), SR71 (10-21-2015), Stormlight (10-21-2015), The Man (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 06:40 AM
Quality Contributor

Yes, yes, yes but do you guys know how hard that would be? How much it would cost? Can't we just ban the burka?

:kkktard:

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law