Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 06-14-2024, 12:19 AM
LarsMac's Avatar
LarsMac LarsMac is offline
Pontificating Old Fart
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the Road again
Gender: Male
Posts: MMMDCLXIII
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
How does it matter what language he was speaking? His words were despicable.
There are available transcripts to nearly all of his speeches/Tirades, in English. Also French, Italian, Russian, and even Mandarin.
He was still an Asshole.

Just askin'
__________________
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.” —Henry Ford
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-14-2024, 11:47 PM
disobey's Avatar
disobey disobey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: DCCCXLIV
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
That link doesn't work either. Which is probably a good thing. Because something tells me that it is something insulting about Hitler. Which if it is, you can stick it up your ass. And if it is, just how stupid are you. I have done many threads around here about Hitler. Even if all the lies told about Hitler were true, he would still have been FAR better to side with than Stalin. And that is using 20/20 hindsight as a guide.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-14-2024, 11:56 PM
disobey's Avatar
disobey disobey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: DCCCXLIV
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
The historical fact that almost no nation would take the German Jews, especially not the US or England, Hitler was dead right about that.

Reminds me of how no nation will take the Palestine population in the present. Which is deeply ironic.
Ho wooly shit. You said something sensible! I must be hallucinating. Also, when it comes to taking in Palestinians, I take it you are referring to nearby muslim countries. Well the reason for that is because they don't give any more of a fuck about Palestinian civilians than hamas does. They are using their lives to cause the world to turn against israel for killing them.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-14-2024, 11:58 PM
disobey's Avatar
disobey disobey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: DCCCXLIV
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
How does it matter what language he was speaking? His words were despicable.
There are available transcripts to nearly all of his speeches/Tirades, in English. Also French, Italian, Russian, and even Mandarin.
He was still an Asshole.

Just askin'
Disagree.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-15-2024, 03:20 AM
LarsMac's Avatar
LarsMac LarsMac is offline
Pontificating Old Fart
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the Road again
Gender: Male
Posts: MMMDCLXIII
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Besides, That "AI Reconstruction" takes away all of the theatrics that the Good Herr Hitler was famous for. Makes him sound almost Human and Civil.

Also the translation was not Entirely accurate.
__________________
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.” —Henry Ford
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-15-2024, 02:06 PM
-FX-'s Avatar
-FX- -FX- is offline
Forum gadfly
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In your head
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCLI
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Besides, That "AI Reconstruction" takes away all of the theatrics that the Good Herr Hitler was famous for.
Isn't it ironic that somehow Disobey can't see an X link, or a Youtube link?

I agree with Rogan on this, I always thought he was just yelling "Kill the Jews" and "We are the master race". You know, Hitler stuff.

When you hear the actual meaning along with his delivery, it makes more sense how he got the crowds riled up and motivated.
__________________
"Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, "Is it reasonable?""

- Richard P. Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-15-2024, 02:11 PM
-FX-'s Avatar
-FX- -FX- is offline
Forum gadfly
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In your head
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCLI
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

However, I still find the Soviets, the Imperial Japanese, and Mao's Red Chinese to be far worse at murder, torture and raping.

OK the soviet troops and the Japs both did the raping. (Nanking and Berlin) I don't know how much raping the Red Chinese did. But they were awful.

Still are. They ran students over with tanks. And they torture people.


None of this matters to most people. In fact, I have noticed that just like Disobey, most activists online only care about "facts" and subjects that support their cause. Everything else means nothing to them. They even get annoyed if you somehow get past their NPC like filters.
__________________
"Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, "Is it reasonable?""

- Richard P. Feynman
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
disobey (06-18-2024)
  #58  
Old 06-15-2024, 05:06 PM
LarsMac's Avatar
LarsMac LarsMac is offline
Pontificating Old Fart
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the Road again
Gender: Male
Posts: MMMDCLXIII
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Besides, That "AI Reconstruction" takes away all of the theatrics that the Good Herr Hitler was famous for.
Isn't it ironic that somehow Disobey can't see an X link, or a Youtube link?

I agree with Rogan on this, I always thought he was just yelling "Kill the Jews" and "We are the master race". You know, Hitler stuff.

When you hear the actual meaning along with his delivery, it makes more sense how he got the crowds riled up and motivated.
I like that: "I always thought he was just yelling "Kill the Jews" and "We are the master race". You know, Hitler stuff."

People say, "I always thought...," When in fact, there was really very little thought involved, at all.

I suggest that "I always believed...," might prove to be more correct.
__________________
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.” —Henry Ford
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-15-2024, 05:15 PM
LarsMac's Avatar
LarsMac LarsMac is offline
Pontificating Old Fart
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the Road again
Gender: Male
Posts: MMMDCLXIII
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
However, I still find the Soviets, the Imperial Japanese, and Mao's Red Chinese to be far worse at murder, torture and raping.

OK the soviet troops and the Japs both did the raping. (Nanking and Berlin) I don't know how much raping the Red Chinese did. But they were awful.

Still are. They ran students over with tanks. And they torture people.


None of this matters to most people. In fact, I have noticed that just like Disobey, most activists online only care about "facts" and subjects that support their cause. Everything else means nothing to them. They even get annoyed if you somehow get past their NPC like filters.
Oh, good. The old, "Well these guys may have been bad, but, really, there are other people out there that were just as bad, or maybe even worse, so these guys really aren't/weren't all that bad." Argument.
__________________
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.” —Henry Ford
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-16-2024, 01:29 PM
-FX-'s Avatar
-FX- -FX- is offline
Forum gadfly
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In your head
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCLI
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
People say, "I always thought...," When in fact, there was really very little thought involved, at all.
Let me help you out here.

People say, "I always thought...," When in fact, I have always believed there was really very little thought involved, at all.
__________________
"Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, "Is it reasonable?""

- Richard P. Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 06-16-2024, 01:33 PM
-FX-'s Avatar
-FX- -FX- is offline
Forum gadfly
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In your head
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCLI
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
... They even get annoyed if you somehow get past their NPC like filters.
Oh, good.
There's an example of how hard it is to get an NPC to even understand there is a point. If something even seems like it might not agree with them, the response could just as well be an audio loop, always ready to play.

I understand Disobey, because he doesn't respond like an NPC, but in his beliefs, he sounds almost exactly like the "skeptic" who believes men can become women, and the US Presidential election was fair, and war with Ukraine is good, while Jews are bad crowd.

Also "global warming and if you disagree you are stupid and not really human".
__________________
"Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, "Is it reasonable?""

- Richard P. Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-16-2024, 11:02 PM
disobey's Avatar
disobey disobey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: DCCCXLIV
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
... They even get annoyed if you somehow get past their NPC like filters.
Oh, good.
There's an example of how hard it is to get an NPC to even understand there is a point. If something even seems like it might not agree with them, the response could just as well be an audio loop, always ready to play.

I understand Disobey, because he doesn't respond like an NPC, but in his beliefs, he sounds almost exactly like the "skeptic" who believes men can become women, and the US Presidential election was fair, and war with Ukraine is good, while Jews are bad crowd.

Also "global warming and if you disagree you are stupid and not really human".

You talking shit about me to lars? Try doing something he doesn't seem t like to do. Talk to me instead. And don't bring up bullshit about what I "believe." Ask me instead. Also, nothing I have to say is a matter of belief. It is a matter of knowing. And if you think I am in error about anything I said anywhere, just let me know what it is. We will find out who is wrong or not.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-19-2024, 12:57 AM
disobey's Avatar
disobey disobey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: DCCCXLIV
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
... They even get annoyed if you somehow get past their NPC like filters.
Oh, good.
There's an example of how hard it is to get an NPC to even understand there is a point. If something even seems like it might not agree with them, the response could just as well be an audio loop, always ready to play.

I understand Disobey, because he doesn't respond like an NPC, but in his beliefs, he sounds almost exactly like the "skeptic" who believes men can become women, and the US Presidential election was fair, and war with Ukraine is good, while Jews are bad crowd.

Also "global warming and if you disagree you are stupid and not really human".

What, no reply to my last reply to you? I can't say I'm surprised. But in looking back to some of the discussion, it would seem that we at least somewhat agree to what this thread had to say. The question then becomes, how much does it bother you. And if it bothers you, what are you willing to do to fight that situation.

I am also reminded of a couple truthful lyrics from a couple different songs. One is "Sparks of the tempest" by Kansas where they say, "your freedom's a joke. You don't know the difference as you put on the yoke." The other comes from Frank Zappa's song, "I'm the slime." Where in speaking of the brainwashing people are exposed to, it says, "Don't go for help. No one will heed you."

With the world being the way it is, complacency isn't the right approach. So I ask again, what are you willing to do to help change things. I think you know what that would entail. Maybe after all this time you might actually be willing to do something. Sorry I can't appeal to your emotions or stroke your ego like some cult leader would do. Whatever you decide to do, you are going to have to do it just because you are MAN enough to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-03-2024, 03:17 PM
-FX-'s Avatar
-FX- -FX- is offline
Forum gadfly
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In your head
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCLI
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disobey View Post
That link doesn't work either. Which is probably a good thing. Because something tells me that it is something insulting about Hitler.
That's a shame. An AI replicated Hitler giving a speech in English. It was quite surprising to hear. I thought of you when I saw it.

It actually made it easier to understand why his speeches were so powerful to his countrymen.

You were the only person I know online that I thought might enjoy it.
__________________
"Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, "Is it reasonable?""

- Richard P. Feynman
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-04-2024, 12:09 AM
disobey's Avatar
disobey disobey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: DCCCXLIV
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by disobey View Post
That link doesn't work either. Which is probably a good thing. Because something tells me that it is something insulting about Hitler.
That's a shame. An AI replicated Hitler giving a speech in English. It was quite surprising to hear. I thought of you when I saw it.

It actually made it easier to understand why his speeches were so powerful to his countrymen.

You were the only person I know online that I thought might enjoy it.

I know I'm not missing much. Who would go through all that trouble to not show Hitler in a bad light. Also, I've posted plenty of threads around here dealing with Hitler and WW II in general. Along with links to various things. The vast majority of what people hear and continue to hear on the matter is bullshit.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-04-2024, 04:31 AM
LarsMac's Avatar
LarsMac LarsMac is offline
Pontificating Old Fart
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the Road again
Gender: Male
Posts: MMMDCLXIII
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

__________________
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.” —Henry Ford
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-04-2024, 06:21 AM
-FX-'s Avatar
-FX- -FX- is offline
Forum gadfly
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In your head
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCLI
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disobey View Post
Who would go through all that trouble to not show Hitler in a bad light.


It was done with an AI. I don't know that anyone was trying to cast any shade. (it seems the AI also colorized the old film)

I found it interesting, because pretty much everything he was saying was true. This is not to say it was right, or good. In fact, some of what he is saying is true, but simply awful.

That you can't see the Youtube videos is very odd.
__________________
"Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, "Is it reasonable?""

- Richard P. Feynman
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
disobey (07-04-2024)
  #68  
Old 07-04-2024, 05:15 PM
LarsMac's Avatar
LarsMac LarsMac is offline
Pontificating Old Fart
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the Road again
Gender: Male
Posts: MMMDCLXIII
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

If you actually care about the things Hitler spewed in those days, here is a useful site. I don't really think that hearing the English words spewing from the guy's mouth adds much to the speeches. The AI translations remove a lot of the emotion, which of course reduces the impact of his words.

One should also understand the entire situation of the time. Knowing how Germany arrived at the situation that allowed Hitler to thrive in the 1930s would offer context to what he was saying in that speech. He offered the Germans a way out of their guilt and misery by laying the blame on the rest of the world, instead of letting them learn from their historical mistakes. So, they ended up going through all of that twice.

It's always laughable to see Americans of our era wallowing in Germanic Hubris.
[Just thinking out load, sort of.]
__________________
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.” —Henry Ford
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
mickthinks (07-04-2024), Sock Puppet (07-05-2024)
  #69  
Old 07-04-2024, 11:31 PM
disobey's Avatar
disobey disobey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: DCCCXLIV
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by disobey View Post
Who would go through all that trouble to not show Hitler in a bad light.


It was done with an AI. I don't know that anyone was trying to cast any shade. (it seems the AI also colorized the old film)

I found it interesting, because pretty much everything he was saying was true. This is not to say it was right, or good. In fact, some of what he is saying is true, but simply awful.

That you can't see the Youtube videos is very odd.

Well I finally was able to see your videos. Were you trying to make some sort of point about them? Also, I posted some threads already on the subject. None of you could refute anything I said. All I get from any of you is insults. Such as you elsewhere telling Lars that I was a racist fuckhead. Strange, you can't refute what I say, yet somehow I am the fuckhead.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-04-2024, 11:35 PM
disobey's Avatar
disobey disobey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: DCCCXLIV
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
If you actually care about the things Hitler spewed in those days, here is a useful site. I don't really think that hearing the English words spewing from the guy's mouth adds much to the speeches. The AI translations remove a lot of the emotion, which of course reduces the impact of his words.

One should also understand the entire situation of the time. Knowing how Germany arrived at the situation that allowed Hitler to thrive in the 1930s would offer context to what he was saying in that speech. He offered the Germans a way out of their guilt and misery by laying the blame on the rest of the world, instead of letting them learn from their historical mistakes. So, they ended up going through all of that twice.

It's always laughable to see Americans of our era wallowing in Germanic Hubris.
[Just thinking out load, sort of.]

Lars, face the facts. You are STUPID! As are the vast majority of other people. Worse yet, you all seem to be ok with that situation. You shouldn't be.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-05-2024, 03:19 AM
LarsMac's Avatar
LarsMac LarsMac is offline
Pontificating Old Fart
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the Road again
Gender: Male
Posts: MMMDCLXIII
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disobey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
If you actually care about the things Hitler spewed in those days, here is a useful site. I don't really think that hearing the English words spewing from the guy's mouth adds much to the speeches. The AI translations remove a lot of the emotion, which of course reduces the impact of his words.

One should also understand the entire situation of the time. Knowing how Germany arrived at the situation that allowed Hitler to thrive in the 1930s would offer context to what he was saying in that speech. He offered the Germans a way out of their guilt and misery by laying the blame on the rest of the world, instead of letting them learn from their historical mistakes. So, they ended up going through all of that twice.

It's always laughable to see Americans of our era wallowing in Germanic Hubris.
[Just thinking out load, sort of.]

Lars, face the facts. You are STUPID! As are the vast majority of other people. Worse yet, you all seem to be ok with that situation. You shouldn't be.
Well, just call me "Kettle", then.
__________________
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.” —Henry Ford
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-05-2024, 03:25 AM
LarsMac's Avatar
LarsMac LarsMac is offline
Pontificating Old Fart
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the Road again
Gender: Male
Posts: MMMDCLXIII
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

double
__________________
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.” —Henry Ford
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-05-2024, 08:58 PM
-FX-'s Avatar
-FX- -FX- is offline
Forum gadfly
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In your head
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCLI
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disobey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
I found it interesting, because pretty much everything he was saying was true.
Well I finally was able to see your videos. Were you trying to make some sort of point about them?
I actually made a few points. You don't seem to be able to understand them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
It actually made it easier to understand why his speeches were so powerful to his countrymen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
The historical fact that almost no nation would take the German Jews, especially not the US or England, Hitler was dead right about that.

Reminds me of how no nation will take the Palestine population in the present. Which is deeply ironic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
I agree with Rogan on this, I always thought he was just yelling "Kill the Jews" and "We are the master race". You know, Hitler stuff.

When you hear the actual meaning along with his delivery, it makes more sense how he got the crowds riled up and motivated.
In the last 85 years nobody ever showed Hitler speaking in English.
__________________
"Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, "Is it reasonable?""

- Richard P. Feynman
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
mickthinks (07-05-2024)
  #74  
Old 07-05-2024, 09:09 PM
mickthinks's Avatar
mickthinks mickthinks is offline
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Augsburg
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMDCCCXV
Images: 19
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Nobody gave Hitler the chance to tell his side of the story—to let him appeal directly to the English speaking world. All we got was anti-Nazi propaganda.

Is that your point, Effie?
__________________
... it's just an idea
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Crumb (07-05-2024)
  #75  
Old 07-05-2024, 10:13 PM
LarsMac's Avatar
LarsMac LarsMac is offline
Pontificating Old Fart
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the Road again
Gender: Male
Posts: MMMDCLXIII
Default Re: Chances Are, You Are STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
Nobody gave Hitler the chance to tell his side of the story—to let him appeal directly to the English speaking world. All we got was anti-Nazi propaganda.

Is that your point, Effie?
You think that he has a point?
__________________
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it.” —Henry Ford
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.22521 seconds with 15 queries