Old 12-26-2019, 08:20 PM
Solipsist

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

omg you had a prostate exam ... Steve

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (12-26-2019), lisarea (12-26-2019), SR71 (12-27-2019)
Old 12-26-2019, 08:40 PM
California Sober

Nobody was more surprised than the urologist.

Oh wait. Except for me. I was very surprised. :cursor:
BrotherMan (12-27-2019), JoeP (12-26-2019), lisarea (12-26-2019), SR71 (12-27-2019)
Old 01-03-2020, 11:06 PM
here to bore you with pictures

I walk outside my house (my childhood's neighbor's lawn) to see why a crowd was gathering on the street, and I learn from the happy crowd that Mrs. Reasons has married a woman with 3 young girls, and are moving in today.

Apparently, even though she's still married to me and got married to someone else without my knowledge or consent, I don't raise a fuss or get outwardly angry. We all go inside and I give the young girls a tour of the house while avoiding awkward questions and trying to decide which bedroom the girls should sleep in. I haven't decided if they will all sleep in one room because my kids have their own rooms, and I literally do not understand how the adults will be arranged. The house is a mashup of a house we were considering buying in IL, my grandmother's house and the current house. I don't know how many bedrooms this place has, but I think it's not quite enough.

One room in which I am considering moving the new children into is a bedroom and a lunch tray.

The kids (mine and the Other Woman's) and I are eating at the breakfast nook that's like the one in my grandmother's house, when the time comes to drive my son to school. As I'm navigating around the table, I'm trying to figure out how best to divorce my wife and kick her and her new family out of the house, while feeling mildly guilty because the girls seem to like their new place. I am also debating if I should just move out instead.

Mrs. Reasons seems to think everything is fine until I refuse to give her money for bills. I either tell her that her new marriage is illegal because she's still married to me and I didn't consent to this new marriage, or I realize that the new marriage is probably illegal and don't tell her because it's going to be part of my divorce strategy. I may have done both, because a few of these scenarios repeated themselves.

There's more, but it's a mostly repetition and doesn't get any weirder. I wake up angry and disappointed at Mrs. Reasons, who is contentedly sleeping and clearly is not married to another woman, at least as far as I know.

I can determine the source of a lot of this: I just finished reading Cantoras about a group of lesbians in Uruguay, Mrs. Reasons had dinner out with work friends last night, and my daughter, son and I got into a dinner conversation about "cancel culture" which is the subject of the latest Contrapoints video, and some other social media personality who made a mess of his poly marriage, but who probably deserves cancellation for other creepy behavior.

A lot of heady subjects all came to a conjuncture around 2AM.
Thanks, from:
But (01-04-2020), ceptimus (01-04-2020), Ensign Steve (01-03-2020), JoeP (01-04-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-04-2020), lisarea (01-03-2020), slimshady2357 (01-04-2020), Sock Puppet (01-06-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 10:49 AM
Solipsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
I don't know how many bedrooms this place has, but I think it's not quite enough.
Pretty sure I've had dreams with that feeling.

Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (03-11-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 04:11 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Quote:
I don't know how many bedrooms this place has, but I think it's not quite enough.
Pretty sure I've had dreams with that feeling.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (03-11-2020), JoeP (01-04-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 04:34 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Kanye West and Robert DeNiro worked at the sandwich shop in the mall.

Robert DeNiro and I were really good friends, and he noticed that I would only order things they had pre-made, so he always made sure to make my favorite things before I came.

Kanye was practicing magic tricks and things one day, and he was going to hypnotize me, so I pretended it worked. He didn't try to make me do anything. I just acted like I was asleep.
Thanks, from:
But (01-04-2020), Ensign Steve (03-11-2020), JoeP (01-04-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-04-2020), Sock Puppet (01-06-2020), specious_reasons (01-04-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 05:16 PM
California Sober

I believe that really happened, because I've heard DeNiro really is that nice.
lisarea (01-04-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 06:43 PM

Yeah, that part was very convincing and realistic. It's what stuck with me the most.

Like a dream I had many, many years ago where Cheetah Chrome and I were BFFs, and I have never shaken that idea.

So now it's going to be like that with Robert DeNiro, too.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (03-11-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 09:40 PM
Solipsist

Quote:
I walk outside my house (my childhood's neighbor's lawn) to see why a crowd was gathering on the street, and I learn from the happy crowd that Mrs. Reasons has married a woman with 3 young girls, and are moving in today.

Apparently, even though she's still married to me and got married to someone else without my knowledge or consent, I don't raise a fuss or get outwardly angry. We all go inside and I give the young girls a tour of the house while avoiding awkward questions and trying to decide which bedroom the girls should sleep in. I haven't decided if they will all sleep in one room because my kids have their own rooms, and I literally do not understand how the adults will be arranged. The house is a mashup of a house we were considering buying in IL, my grandmother's house and the current house. I don't know how many bedrooms this place has, but I think it's not quite enough.

One room in which I am considering moving the new children into is a bedroom and a lunch tray.

The kids (mine and the Other Woman's) and I are eating at the breakfast nook that's like the one in my grandmother's house, when the time comes to drive my son to school. As I'm navigating around the table, I'm trying to figure out how best to divorce my wife and kick her and her new family out of the house, while feeling mildly guilty because the girls seem to like their new place. I am also debating if I should just move out instead.

Mrs. Reasons seems to think everything is fine until I refuse to give her money for bills. I either tell her that her new marriage is illegal because she's still married to me and I didn't consent to this new marriage, or I realize that the new marriage is probably illegal and don't tell her because it's going to be part of my divorce strategy. I may have done both, because a few of these scenarios repeated themselves.

There's more, but it's a mostly repetition and doesn't get any weirder. I wake up angry and disappointed at Mrs. Reasons, who is contentedly sleeping and clearly is not married to another woman, at least as far as I know.
Anyway, I hope you've been glaring at Mrs. Reasons all day.

AND YET.

Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (01-04-2020), ceptimus (01-04-2020), Sock Puppet (01-06-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 10:51 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Quote:
[...]
Anyway, I hope you've been glaring at Mrs. Reasons all day.

AND YET.
I told Mrs. Reasons about the dream, and she believably ssid, "while marrying a woman isn't that outrageous, taking on the care of 3 young children is."
Thanks, from:
JoeP (01-05-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-04-2020), lisarea (01-05-2020), Sock Puppet (01-06-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 10:53 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Quote:
I told Mrs. Reasons about the dream, and she believably ssid, "while marrying a woman isn't that outrageous, taking on the care of 3 young children is."
And at this moment it's clear you married the right one. :)

Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (01-05-2020), JoeP (01-05-2020), specious_reasons (01-05-2020)
Old 01-05-2020, 11:25 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Just woke up middle of the night from:

I was bringing in a box of Christmas supplies and put the box precariously down on a very wide open latrine and of course the load became unstable and things began to fall in. I grabbed the box in such a way that if I did any more I'd lose half the contents and I called for help and two people arrived and I said "Grab that!" Ot course one of them said "Grab what?" Several rounds of this with zero useful help from these two and things tumbling into the abyss, books, candy, decorations, gifts and then I woke up and JOKES ON THEM I HAVEN'T GONE SHOPPING YET.

Only 354 shopping days until Christmas.

Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (01-06-2020), JoeP (01-05-2020), lisarea (01-05-2020), Sock Puppet (01-06-2020), specious_reasons (01-05-2020)
Old 01-28-2020, 08:45 PM

It was a couple days ago, but I keep thinking of it fondly:

Matlock and I lived in a parking lot. We had vehicles there as dividers, but we had the parking spaces set up as our living spaces. Like if you've seen Dogville, you know how the different places are designated with lines made with tape or whatever? We used the parking spaces like that, and yes, there were crane shots in this dream as well. Except instead of the lines being walls, they were more 'guidelines.' Most of the discrete areas consisted of several spaces. Just so everyone is clear about that.

But also. Also? Pheasants. Ring necked pheasants, except tiny. Like maybe the size of a city rat. And they were all very much friendly and smart. They weren't our pets or anything, just friendly wild miniature pheasants who'd come around being amusing and pretty and cool.

So, anyways. Goals. I'll work on finding a retirement parking lot, and one or more of you guys get going on those little pheasants. AdTHANKSvance!
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (01-29-2020), ceptimus (01-29-2020), Crumb (01-28-2020), Ensign Steve (01-29-2020), JoeP (01-28-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-28-2020), Sock Puppet (01-29-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 05:36 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

A standard spider apocalypse high school movie that involved a Brendan Fraser looking dude as part of the group because all high schoolers in movies are about 30.

Woke up, went pee, went back to bed.

Dream resumes but now it's a bit of an MST3K crossed with an analysis of the dream like it were a sub-par horror movie.

Thanks, from:
lisarea (02-08-2020), Sock Puppet (02-10-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 07:17 PM

Oh, no.

I had one of those long epic ones with a bunch of really good parts, but when I got up, I had to do a bunch of stuff first thing, and I forgot every part of it except where someone I was talking to didn't know the song Karma Chameleon, so I went to sing enough to see if she recognized it, and it came out perfect. I sounded exactly like Boy George. So I tried a few other songs, but that was the only one I could do that with.
Thanks, from:
Ari (02-17-2020), But (02-08-2020), ceptimus (02-17-2020), JoeP (02-08-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 10:05 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

I just had a lucid one where I did a song. I've had similar ones before and it's like directing a movie. You're giving instructions but your subconscious executes it or something else if you let go. There was a woman singing in French, at least part of it. I was playing music with my mind. I was trying to figure out a way to keep it, write it down or whatever. I think it could have worked if I had got up right in the middle of it.

I thought it was amazing. It's possible that it was actually crap. I've had dreams where I had invented a rhyme that didn't actually rhyme after I woke up, or the best joke of all time that turned out to be extremely silly, more like a bad pun.
Thanks, from:
Ari (02-17-2020), JoeP (02-09-2020), lisarea (02-08-2020), slimshady2357 (02-09-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 09:02 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

something positive: archive

Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-18-2020), JoeP (02-17-2020), lisarea (02-18-2020), slimshady2357 (02-17-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 04:36 PM

So I go into work at my job. I've been telecommuting for months, kind of unofficially, and decide I have to go in to the office just because. And I can't remember what my job even is, or what I'm supposed to be working on at all. It's kind of like the dream where you have to go take a final of a class you forgot to go to all semester. Except that it looks like nobody is actually working, and it's not like I'm really in trouble. More just bored and realizing that since I came in in the first place, I now have to stay until at least 5:00.

So I'm sitting at my desk and messing on my computer, but my screen is like four feet tall and everyone can see it, so I go walking around trying to kill time for a while. This office is a common dream building, so I kind of know my way around. There are areas in there that are weirdly like a house, but I can't really put my finger on why. Just the halls with the doorways, and the kitchens seem more like things in a house than an office building.

And they have the whole hierarchy of desk placements, where the lowest ranking employees are set up classroom style, in rows, like typing pools and stuff in old movies. And then there are cubicles where the desks are all facing the wall, then offices also with wall-facing desks, and then, there are the big honchos who get to work with their backs against the wall, facing their doors so people can't look over their shoulders. I have gotten lost in the cubicles before because they're huge and labyrinthine, so I'm always nervous going in that part. (The elevators and reception areas are hilarious too, but I could talk about this stupid office building for hours.)

Anyway, eventually, I get to go home. I live with a bunch of different people I only know in this dream, and we have this big porch set up with our parrots, so I go in there to see them. Thing is, for some reason, we've replaced the regular flooring with window screen just stapled on, so it's precarious. And while I'm in there, this small rip expands and basically the whole floor is gone. I get out and go to look for some tape or something to cordon off the room so nobody steps in there in the dark and falls through onto the concrete basement floor.

But as soon as I come out, Debbie walks in the front door. She doesn't live there. I think I know her from work. But she's this small, very efficient woman who is always really serious about everything. So she's in there, handing out packages that have been delivered to various people, acting all in charge, and giving off the distinct vibe that she's about to tell someone they're fired or something like that. But she never gets to it. I'm getting frustrated and standing in front of the door to the parrot porch, guarding it, and she's just handing out the packages and never getting to the explanation of why she's there in the first place. And she never did.
Thanks, from:
But (02-26-2020), ceptimus (02-24-2020), Crumb (02-25-2020), Ensign Steve (02-24-2020), JoeP (02-24-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (02-24-2020), Sock Puppet (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 05:36 PM
California Sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
(The elevators and reception areas are hilarious too, but I could talk about this stupid office building for hours.)
I know you weren't fishing for this, but please, do tell. :popcorn:
JoeP (02-24-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (02-24-2020), lisarea (02-25-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 08:17 PM

I actually wasn't fishing, but I also don't mind because dream architecture is my favorite!

So when you go into the building, the bank of elevators is in this separate, walled off area from the rest of the floors. It's all like that mid-century luxe style, with lots of polished mahogany, red velvet, fancy brass buttons, and chandeliers and stuff. There are I think four separate rows of elevators, and they're all different. Some have red velvet benches to sit on, some don't. There are corner elevators with curved walls. And they're all different sizes. But also, they all operate a little differently, like in how fast they go, how fast the doors open and close, and how long they stay open by default--some are super fast so you have to just hurl yourself inside even if you're standing right there. There are way, way too many elevators for the traffic they get, but some of them are so hard to get into that the more accessible ones sometimes get really crowded.

So then, the reception areas are on the other side of the wall from the elevator area, and you can approach from either side. They are similarly decorated all glamorous like, and the desks are manned with overly formal receptionists. But there are weird codes, not like security codes, but some kind of etiquette or dogwhistle or cipher or whatever you have to use to get access to the back areas.

Once you get past reception, the hallways of the back areas are super janky and weird. Speckled white linoleum floors, flickering fluorescent lights, drop ceilings leaking water into little puddles, and shit like ladders and mop buckets sitting around all over. And it's easy to get lost looking for your specific impossibly large office area (which is the area I was in during this last episode) so sometimes you end up in the wrong one, which is more awkward than you might imagine for some reason. Like I never feel like I can say, "Oops! Wrong office," but instead have to make up some reason for being there.
Thanks, from:
Ari (02-24-2020), BrotherMan (02-25-2020), But (02-26-2020), ceptimus (02-24-2020), Ensign Steve (02-24-2020), JoeP (02-24-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (02-24-2020), Sock Puppet (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 08:24 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Set design from Brazil comes to mind.

Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-25-2020), lisarea (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 09:00 PM
Solipsist

DUCTS.

Thanks, from:
lisarea (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 06:08 AM
California Sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
And it's easy to get lost looking for your specific impossibly large office area (which is the area I was in during this last episode) so sometimes you end up in the wrong one, which is more awkward than you might imagine for some reason. Like I never feel like I can say, "Oops! Wrong office," but instead have to make up some reason for being there.
That is absolutely how I would react to that situation. :unnod:
lisarea (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 05:05 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Disjointed bits:
A 1930s car with the swooping fenders. Car was so big the fender top was about my chin level.

I needed an extra security inspection for entrance to a carnival because I’m not an EU citizen.

Apparently it’s Monday and not Tuesday so I don’t need to rush.

Other bits but they’re fading too fast to transcribe now.

Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (02-25-2020), JoeP (02-25-2020), lisarea (02-26-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 05:24 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Narrator voice: I need to rush.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium