Old 10-27-2009, 09:11 PM
NPC

Default Re: Captain Tightpants is Castle

And, OMG!!!!, a Buffy reference!!!!1!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:34 PM
A fellow sophisticate

:yup:

And a Twilight one too, mentioning Lycans being at war with the vampires for centuries. Of course, that could also apply to countless other vampire stories.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:38 AM
Not as smart as Adam

Not Twilight, Underworld.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:40 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Okay, if you say so. I've seen neither.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 AM
Not as smart as Adam

You've saved your eyes! Hally-luge-yah! Twilight is worth a chuckle, but it's creepy too. Not horror creepy, stalker creepy. Underworld is good.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:50 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Uh, Kate Beckinsale in skin tight leather. Nuff said.
Thanks, from:
Deadlokd (10-29-2009)
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

I've long since stopped watching the show on account of I think it blows (see my previous posts itt), but check out this juicy blind item from last year now revealed to be about Nathan and Stana:

Quote:
We have a B-/C+ television and film actress who is currently a female lead on this network drama. It’s a new show. Popular though. Anyway, her male co-star is extremely popular on this site, but he is also probably a B-/C+ mostly television actor. Apparently our actress has been acting like a diva on the show and our actor called her out on it. This is an actual quote. ” You are a f*ing c*. Who the hell do you think you are that you can treat people the way you do on set. The crew hates you the cast hates you and the producers hate you and this is no way to build any kind of career, so knock it off you f*ing whore.”
:fuckyeah:
Old 09-23-2010, 10:03 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

Hey, fuck you, Blind Gossip. Nathan Fillion may be a hunk of cheesy goodness but there ain't no way in any 'verse he's a C+ actor.

:cangry:
Thanks, from:
Kyuss Apollo (05-14-2018), livius drusus (09-23-2010), Zehava (04-19-2016)
Old 09-24-2010, 04:43 AM
What would Hüsker Dü?

You're kidding...Nathan nails it as a C+ actor. In fact, he's A+ as a C+ actor.

It what he do.

I actually like Castle.

Then again, I also like Warehouse 13, so there you have it.

:cheese:
Old 04-19-2012, 11:59 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Okay ladies and gentle man-folk. I'm about to make y'all feel funny - like when you climbed the rope in gym class or when Bugs dressed up as a girl bunny.

Our dear beloved Captain Tightpants circa mid 90s.

Thanks, from:
Clutch Munny (04-20-2012), livius drusus (04-20-2012), Qingdai (04-20-2012), SR71 (04-20-2012), The Man (04-19-2016)
Old 08-05-2012, 07:03 PM
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun

The long and perilous journey of The Blogess is at an end.
BrotherMan (08-05-2012), livius drusus (08-05-2012), Sock Puppet (08-06-2012), The Man (04-19-2016), Watser? (08-06-2012)
Old 05-21-2014, 03:28 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

I know some people here are real OG haters and don't want to read this, but FUCK THE PLOICE. After many long seasons Captain Tightpants and Whatshername are actually, finally, getting married! :omgomg: But if it makes some people happy, they can sit :smugnod: in judgement that the writers couldn't just go and do it right, they had to pull the BUT YOU ARE ALREADY MARRIED nonsense. And because some people are real OG haters, you get to be extra :judge: because you'd think an allegedly put together and smart person would know that "what happens in vegas stays in vegas" is just a phrase and that weddings, no matter how kitschy, are real for real.

But in a balance, one of my favorite actors from another recently ended series (Eddie McClintock, Warehouse 13) is playing her long time unwitting husband. He's p much the perfect guy to play that role.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (05-22-2014), Janet (05-21-2014), livius drusus (05-21-2014), The Man (04-19-2016)
Old 05-21-2014, 12:09 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Space Cowboy marries hard-as-nails police detective? That's the nail in the coffin for this series.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demimonde View Post
I'd never heard of this before, but then, I don't tweet.

On the one hand, it's great that some celebrities interact with their fans, and even seem to enjoy doing so. (Wil Wheaton seems to especially enjoy interacting with fans, for instance.) But it seems to me that just because someone happens to be a celebrity, that doesn't give people the right to demand anything out of him/her. So I was kind of bothered by the idea of lots of people trying to convince Fillon to send a picture of himself holding some twine.

Is it a simple thing that he could have easily done, and thus put an end to the whole affair? Of course. (At least, until the next such silly request came along, that is. And then the next. And then the next. And so on.)

Is it something that anyone has the right to hound him about? Absolutely not. Some of the comments, claiming that because he's a celebrity he has an obligation to honor such requests strike me as incredibly creepy.

I'm glad he handled the whole thing with a reasonable degree of grace, but the whole thing still kind of bothers me. (And I appreciate that it was just a silly joke request on the Bloggess's part; it took off from there.) Still, if it was some random non-celebrity, everyone involved would immediately see that it was not at all appropriate to insist that they do something like that for no reason whatsoever. So why on Earth do so many people seem to think that just because someone happens to be a celebrity, (s)he owes us some of his/her personal time, and that we're entitled to make requests of him/her?

If you ask a celebrity to do a thing and (s)he doesn't reply, then leave him or her alone about it. Entertaining us is his or her job. When they're "off the clock," so to speak, they have no such obligation, and we have no more business demanding it of them than we would to bother an accountant when she's at home in order to demand that she help us fill out our tax forms.

Just my two cents ...
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (05-21-2014), Crumb (05-21-2014), Janet (05-21-2014), Kyuss Apollo (08-21-2015), SharonDee (05-22-2014), The Man (04-19-2016)
Old 08-18-2015, 02:16 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (08-18-2015), Janet (08-19-2015), Miisa (08-18-2015), SharonDee (08-18-2015)
Old 04-19-2016, 06:34 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

P much all the women on Castle are leaving.

Quote:
Stana Katic and Tamala Jones, who play Detective Kate Beckett and medical examiner Lanie Parish on ABC’s Castle, will not be returning for the show’s upcoming ninth season. This is particularly shocking news with regard to Katic’s role. Up until now, she could easily be considered the star of the show. Sure, the show is named after Nathan Fillion’s character, Richard Castle, but without the dynamic and chemistry between him and Katic, Castle would never have lasted eight seasons … let alone nine!
It's okay that almost none of you watch the show. I still do because I :heart: Tightpants. But I've been waiting for a good enough reason to not have to watch the show. And yes, the marriage and then the fake break up for stupid reasons was almost enough. But this is just stupid and wrong.
Thanks, from:
Ari (04-19-2016), Dingfod (04-19-2016), Janet (04-20-2016), livius drusus (04-19-2016), Miisa (04-19-2016), Nullifidian (04-19-2016), The Man (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 06:54 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

I used to watch it but got tired of it, for no specific reason, although I think my slowly changing love to hate to disgust with Bones around the same time had something to do with it (and that both of them were doing poorly at the will they, wont they, romantic sub plot line).

I was thinking about this recently, there are a number of shows that I used to watch that are still on which I have no more interest in watching. From what I can tell many writers only have 4-6 seasons of good material, even on a good show with smart writers. At a certain point the show moves from an interesting evolving piece to "well shit, what should we do now?!" coupled with actors who may not be good writers getting scripts and executives who now view the franchise as a staple cash cow needing it to continue. Suddenly we go from scrapping the bottom of the barrel to fishing old thrown away barrels out of the trash to scrape them for profits.

Practically every show I've watched beyond 6 seasons has reinvented themselves partially or fully at least once, if not multiple times.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (04-19-2016), Crumb (04-20-2016), Janet (04-20-2016), The Man (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 09:30 AM
NPC

I also watch Castle! Because Fillion is amazing. The amnesia and breakup thing has been stupid, but from tv in general I have got used to only focusing on the things I enjoy in shows (in this case Castle himself and the mystery of the week) and ignoring the dumb stuff.
BrotherMan (04-19-2016), Janet (04-20-2016), The Man (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 04:38 PM

It sounds to me from the talk of "budget" that Stana Katic and Tamala Jones put in for more money because they wanted to build a nest egg for themselves since this is probably the most successful thing either of them will ever do in their careers. A similar thing happened with George Eads and Jorja Fox on CSI when they wanted to renegotiate the salaries they originally agreed to when they signed on for the first season. As their example shows, this isn't necessarily the end of the line, since they eventually stayed for the entire run of the series. I'm sure a fan revolt is going to cause ABC to reconsider for Stana Katic, and perhaps Tamala Jones as well since she has her own fanbase.

Personally, I stopped watching Castle, but only because I stopped watching TV entirely. I dislike the feeling that I have to watch episodes as they air or else get lost in the progress of the developing story. And having a DVR only postpones the problem but doesn't resolve it, since you'll eventually fill up the DVR with things you mean to get to someday, and then you'll have to either delete the backlog and miss it or watch twice as much (what you've recorded plus what's newly airing) to make any headway. It all got too annoying for me, so I just dumped it entirely. Mostly, I watched TCM on it, and the movies that interest me I can get through Netflix or find on :psst: filesharing sites. I still check out the TCM schedule occasionally to see if there's anything worth queueing up in Netflix.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (04-19-2016), Janet (04-20-2016), livius drusus (04-19-2016), Pan Narrans (04-19-2016), The Man (04-19-2016)
Old 05-13-2016, 04:41 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Doesn't look like I have to worry about finding a way to quit Castle. Because ABC quit it for me.

I'm sad I'll be completely Fillionless for a time. I did enjoy the cast chemistry on screen.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (05-13-2016), Janet (05-13-2016), Miisa (05-13-2016), Nullifidian (05-13-2016), The Man (05-13-2016)
Old 05-13-2016, 06:34 PM
California Sober

bey plays this game on Xbox One called "Destiny" and Capn Fillion does the voiceover for one of the guys that tells you what to do. I don't know shit about shit when it comes to the game, but I delight in hearing Mr. Tightpants' voice shouting orders at bey from inside the TV. Any port in a storm, I guess.
beyelzu (05-15-2016), BrotherMan (05-13-2016), Janet (05-13-2016), Nullifidian (05-13-2016), The Man (05-13-2016)
Old 05-14-2018, 02:16 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Captain Tightpants is "The Rookie". on ABC this Fall.
BrotherMan (05-14-2018), Ensign Steve (06-06-2018), Miisa (05-15-2018)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature