Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 04-24-2011, 04:15 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Götterdämmerung?

Thankyou I really like that, I had the whole thing on video once. But that was Wagner from 'Der Ring Des Nebelungen'.

The Germans refered to the battle as 'Skagerrskschlacht'. I remembered it was something like that but I would never have been able to spell it, so I looked it up.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:16 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Wow ! '200 or Bust'.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Wow ! '200 or Bust'.

So . . . no NBLs if we reach 200?

davidm ---> :sadcheer:

--J.D.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Flipper 11/11

Hey, there's always the Countdown from one million thread ... that is, if you folks really get bored. :D

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 04-24-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
*Sigh*

I know it won't do a bit of good, but do you read even the articles that you cite?

First of all, "legally blind" is not blind and "least developed" does not mean "undeveloped." Infants can't focus well -- they need time to strengthen and to refine their control over their voluntary ciliary muscles; other senses aren't dependent on muscle control.
Legally blind means that infants can't see very well. But why? They can't focus. Why? We are back to square one and you keep saying it's muscle control. What other senses are dependent on muscle control? :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
More to the point, as the article points out (you even quoted it), infants can see, and even recognize faces. They simply can't focus well when right out of the womb. Giving them interesting things to look at helps them to develop that control. That's hardly news, nor is it in any way support for Lessans' notions.
What you are saying is not even accurate. Giving them interesting things to look at does not give them the muscle control because the ciliary muscle is involuntary. There has to be something else going on, but this model of sight has been accepted hook, line, and sinker, so you will defend it even when it doesn't add up. The brain needs stimulation in order to focus, and that's why infants can't see right away, which is very different from the other senses.

Eye Muscles

Your eyes have voluntary and involuntary muscles. The extrinsic muscles of your eye are voluntary, skeletal muscles located around your eyeballs. The intrinsic muscles of your eye are involuntary, smooth muscles and located within your eyes. You have four voluntary rectus muscles and two voluntary oblique muscles around each eyeball that enable you to move your eyes. The ciliary muscle is an involuntary muscle just behind your pupil and controls the shape of your lens. The iris is also involuntary and controls the size of your pupil. Your eyes must be level with the horizon in front of you in order to keep your balance.

Read more: The Muscles Of The Body And Their Functions | LIVESTRONG.COM

Last edited by peacegirl; 04-24-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
the indefatigable Peacegirl
:yup:

The 'HMS. Indafatigable' was a WWI British Battlecruser. Did you just insult peacegirl, , , again?
The Indefatigable was destroyed in only 3 minutes at the battle of Jutland. Hmm ...
I'm more indefatigable than the Battlecruser. Wow! That's sayin somethin'. :yup:
Old 04-24-2011, 02:53 PM

Very strange to me that not one person can admit that maybe something is not quite right with the model of sight. It's like you're all in thinking and acting as one entity, instead of being individuals. Maybe the fact that no one has come back with a refutation is a good sign, but unfortunately not one person in this entire forum is reading the book. That makes me feel like this whole thread is futile. NO ONE IS READING THE BOOK!! This is all a game to you people, even in the face of support for Lessans. You just conveniently turn your heads in denial. I challenge David especially to read the book as it was meant to be read, not the way he butchered it. Any scientific achievement can be butchered; just like the innocent party in a courtroom can be made to appear guilty. Can't you for one second give this author the benefit of the doubt? You should all be reading this book as if this world depends on it; which it does. The intelligensia, which you all claim to be, are now becoming the stumbling blocks to a better world, because you are too sure of yourselves. :(
Old 04-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Very strange to me that not one person can admit that maybe something is not quite right with the model of sight. It's like you're all in thinking and acting as one entity, instead of being individuals. Maybe the fact that no one has come back with a refutation is a good sign
:foocl:

No one has come back with a refutation??

Listen, you dishonest little fool, The Lone Ranger wrote an entire fucking essay refuting this bullshit, which you did not even read, did you? He also presented the scientific studies proving that dogs can recognize their masters by sight alone. You, on the other hand, have refused to answer dozens of questions and have not offered a scintilla of evidence showing why the well-understood model of seeing is wrong. Your father was insane. By promoting this rubbish on the Internet, you are turning him into a laughing stock. Is that how you want you father to be remembered?

I move that everyone stick a fork in this thread. It's plain that this ditz is uneducable and a liar to boot. This thread has moved past page 100 into the realm of the absurd.

I would just add that you were given the benefit of the doubt in this sense: to see whether you were honest or dishonest, and to see whether you were educable or uneducable. You have now proved both dishonest and uneducable. The vast, breathtaking temerity of now writing, after all this time, that no one has come back with a refutation, after all the refuting that has been done, shows just how creepily dishonest you are. Hey, you retard, explain to us again how the astronomer on Rigel sees Columbus landing in America even as the natives of America see him do it. :lol:
Thanks, from:
Kael (04-25-2011), SharonDee (04-24-2011), The Lone Ranger (04-24-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Quote:
Very strange to me that not one person can admit that maybe something is not quite right with the model of [breathing oxygen to survive]. It's like you're all in thinking and acting as one entity, instead of being individuals. Maybe the fact that no one has come back with a refutation is a good sign, but unfortunately not one person in this entire forum is reading the book. That makes me feel like this whole thread is futile. NO ONE IS READING THE BOOK!! This is all a game to you people, even in the face of support for Lessans. You just conveniently turn your heads in denial. I challenge David especially to read the book as it was meant to be read, not the way he butchered it. Any scientific achievement can be butchered; just like the innocent party in a courtroom can be made to appear guilty. Can't you for one second give this author the benefit of the doubt? You should all be reading this book as if this world depends on it; which it does. The intelligensia, which you all claim to be, are now becoming the stumbling blocks to a better world, because you are too sure of yourselves. :(
Our understanding of sight is very well-developed, and people have given you numerous citations of studies and explanations of the mechanics of sight.

You never even responded to my explanation of how your brain constructs an image (essentially) from lots of tiny pixels. I suggested you go look at your TV up close to see how the pixels, each made of three differently colored portions, combine to form a whole image, even tho each pixel does not itself contain the picture. You ignored this, so am I correct in thinking that you still believe that the theory is that each photon or ray of light contains the image of the whole object?

Your questioning of the fact that sight is a sense is equivalent to suggesting that we don't really need oxygen to breathe. Nobody is going to "admit" that there's something off with that theory either, and the fact that we're all in agreement is not because there's anything cult-like or hive-mind-like going on. It's just that it's correct.

You are wrong - the fact that we all disagree with you isn't groupthink, it's us recognizing the evidence that proves you're wrong. (And the fact that your dad's theory of sight is incoherent.)

As much as I'd like to think that something could penetrate your dogmatic adherence to this idiocy, it's obvious that you're too close-minded to consider that your daddy might be wrong. So, as I suggested dozens of pages ago, you ought to go searching for idiots who are more gullible, because nobody here is ever going to buy your retarded bullshit. All the evidence points to you being wrong, incompetent, dogmatic and dishonest. So go away.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Old 04-24-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
You know what David, this is getting old. Having a virtual party on p. 100 is fine. I can joke along with everyone, but all of the disrespect I have had to put up with from the likes of you is becoming abusive. You don't know when to stop. This is a serious topic, whether you agree or not, and you are treating it as if it's a piece of junk. I cannot do anymore to convince people here that this is not junk, except try to reach those who will take the time to seriously investigate this knowledge. You are the dam fool!!!! I certainly am not going to put more of my time and energy into this thread than anyone else is. And no one here seems at all interested except for entertainment value. They told me this from the very beginning, but I didn't want to believe it. Now I believe it. David, please stop posting to me because this time I'm done unless you apologize for calling me all the nasty names this entire thread. I'm sick of you, AND YOUR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE.

Last edited by peacegirl; 04-24-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Very strange to me that not one person can admit that maybe something is not quite right with the model of [breathing oxygen to survive]. It's like you're all in thinking and acting as one entity, instead of being individuals. Maybe the fact that no one has come back with a refutation is a good sign, but unfortunately not one person in this entire forum is reading the book. That makes me feel like this whole thread is futile. NO ONE IS READING THE BOOK!! This is all a game to you people, even in the face of support for Lessans. You just conveniently turn your heads in denial. I challenge David especially to read the book as it was meant to be read, not the way he butchered it. Any scientific achievement can be butchered; just like the innocent party in a courtroom can be made to appear guilty. Can't you for one second give this author the benefit of the doubt? You should all be reading this book as if this world depends on it; which it does. The intelligensia, which you all claim to be, are now becoming the stumbling blocks to a better world, because you are too sure of yourselves. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir
Our understanding of sight is very well-developed, and people have given you numerous citations of studies and explanations of the mechanics of sight.
It might be well-developed, BUT PARTS OF IT ARE INCONCLUSIVE (I used that word instead of 'wrong' so people dont' go nuts in here)!!!

Quote:
You never even responded to my explanation of how your brain constructs an image (essentially) from lots of tiny pixels. I suggested you go look at your TV up close to see how the pixels, each made of three differently colored portions, combine to form a whole image, even tho each pixel does not itself contain the picture. You ignored this, so am I correct in thinking that you still believe that the theory is that each photon or ray of light contains the image of the whole object?
THE BRAIN DOES NOT CONSTRUCT AN IMAGE. THE BRAIN SEES THE PICTURE BASED ON THE LIGHT'S WAVELENGTHS. The brain is able to see the picture as a whole, because the pixels are close together. I have no idea where you got the idea that I believed the photon contains the image of the whole object. Now this is really nutty. :yup:

Quote:
Your questioning of the fact that sight is a sense is equivalent to suggesting that we don't really need oxygen to breathe. Nobody is going to "admit" that there's something off with that theory either, and the fact that we're all in agreement is not because there's anything cult-like or hive-mind-like going on. It's just that it's correct.
If you believe that, then you need to take psychology 101. This is very cult-like, and it's taught me a lot. As much as you all think you have the gift of discernment, you don't, not in this case because it threatens the heart of how you believe true knowledge is attained.

Quote:
You are wrong - the fact that we all disagree with you isn't groupthink, it's us recognizing the evidence that proves you're wrong. (And the fact that your dad's theory of sight is incoherent.)

As much as I'd like to think that something could penetrate your dogmatic adherence to this idiocy, it's obvious that you're too close-minded to consider that your daddy might be wrong. So, as I suggested dozens of pages ago, you ought to go searching for idiots who are more gullible, because nobody here is ever going to buy your retarded bullshit. All the evidence points to you being wrong, incompetent, dogmatic and dishonest. So go away.
This is turning out to be a joke on you, not me. The tables have turned because now I see, after giving everyone very substantial evidence in Lessans' favor, no one has said a word. Not even a peep. The least they could have said is that more research needs to be done. You can't do that; it's a threat to your entire worldview. Oh my goddd, science may have gotten it wrong. So it's easier for everyone to call me dogmatic and dishonest, and Lessans a crackpot.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:55 PM

Look how dishonest medical journals have become. It's a rotten joke on anyone who now dies or gets injured because the drug companies and doctors can promote their drugs with impunity.

In medicine, this is a problem in a couple of ways:

Virtually all of most physicians' ongoing medical education is paid for by the drug companies and represents slick advertising masquerading as educational activities. This even includes most of the studies in well-known journals. These studies are paid for by the drug companies and the journals' main source of income is often drug company advertising, an obvious potential conflict of interest. Research shows that a study paid for by a drug company is often not reliable (as much as 40-2,000% more likely to show a positive result than an independently funded study!). Most doctors think that they are being responsible and scientific when in actuality they are pushing expensive and often toxic new medications and treatments - that are not as effective as lower cost natural or generic therapies.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:55 PM

Even though this is off-topic, it's an informative video so I'm going to post it. As far as the thread is concerned, I think it's run out of steam.

Maryanne Godboldo is a civil rights hero for standing up to police state medicine - NaturalNews.tv
Old 04-24-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD, EEE, FFF, GGG, HHH, III, JJJ, KKK, LLL, MMM, NNN, OOO,
AOM, BAN, CBO, DCA, EDB, FEC, GFD, HGE, IHF, JIG, KJH, LKI, MLJ, NMK, ONL,
AFK, BGL, CHM, DIN, EJO,

This should prove, without a doubt, Undenialably, Mathematicaly and Scientificaly that Lessans was 100% wrong!
Not one of these were right. Not one!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
anecdotal experiment
:laugh:

Quote:
There is nothing that has been provided that proves he is wrong. If there was real substantial proof, I would have no choice but to change my worldview because I also want to live in truth.
Remind us again of when we see Jupiter's moons eclipsed. Do we see the eclipse as it happens, or several minutes later?
If we are seeing the real world, not a delayed image of it, then there is a definite conflict.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
You know what David, this is getting old.
Who gives a shit what you think? You have been lying for decades.

--J.D.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael View Post
I think I get it. It's like alphabetical sudoku. 7 sets of the first 15 letters of the alphabet. Not sure how they're supposed to be arranged, since "so that each of the 15 different letters on a line and in all 35 groups would never be twice with any other letter" sounds like something someone put through google translate a few times.

Perhaps you could describe how these 105 blocks are to be arranged more clearly, peacegirl?
There are 35 sets, 3 in each set. You have to figure out the arrangement such that each of the 15 different letters on a line and in all 35 groups would never be twice with any other letter. It's easier said than done. I wouldn't even attempt it. The top line begins:

ABC DEF GHI JKL MNO

There are 6 more lines to go.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:11 PM

--J.D.
Thanks, from:
Goliath (04-25-2011), Stephen Maturin (04-25-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Because I am not asking people to accept something at face value, without proof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger
Yes you are. You've been doing that from Day One.
I said his description of what is going on is accurate if his observations based on his knowledge of how we learn words, is accurate. If it is not enough evidence for you, then in order to know whether he is right or wrong (you don't just give up on someone's claims unless you feel that there is no way he could be right, and therefore no point in continuing this discussion), you keep an open mind if there is even the slightest possibility that his take on what is going on could be right: that the brain needs to develop (or be stimulated by other sense experience) in order to use the ciliary muscles to focus the eyes.

Quote:
No one seems the least bit interested in the fact that a dog does not have the capability of identifying his master through facial features. No studies have been replicated to prove that he does.
LIAR.

Paolo Mongilloa, Gabriele Bonoa, Lucia Regolinb, and Lieta Marinellia. 2010. Selective attention to humans in companion dogs, Canis familiaris. Animal Behaviour. Volume 80, Issue 6, December 2010, Pages 1057-1063.
By that response, I can see you're anger is building, so I'm going to leave this post before you get even angrier.
Quote:
I'm not angry, per se, I'm offended. (There's a difference.) You're lying, and I find that offensive. And I intend to keep reminding people that you're lying.
I have no idea why you would be offended. I never referred to birds as being part of the experiment. I was talking about dogs only. Then it morphed into something else. Maybe birds can recognize facial features, but I don't think dogs can without using their stronger senses, even though that one anecdotal experiment suggested that they can.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove? First of all, he never talked about birds. But the reality is that birds are less able than dogs to recognize features without some other sense giving them clues. What's with you people to think this is some far out weird observation? I'm in a quandary, not that it matters to any of you. :(
Quote:
More dishonesty on your part. It has been thoroughly documented that at least some bird species can recognize individual humans by their facial features alone. Again, you've even been given citations. Not that you'll read the studies, of course.

Oh, and just to drive home the point, most birds have virtually no sense of smell. They are probably the most sight-dependant animals on the planet. While most birds have superb vision (considerably better than ours, in fact), most of them have little or no sense of smell. Most birds have good senses of hearing, too.

So I'm curious as to how you explain the documented fact that some birds can recognize individual humans when given no sound cues to distinguish them. Do you think the birds are flying up and tasting people?
Maybe they can Lone Ranger. I really need to narrow this discussion to dogs only; not cats, birds, or chimpanzees, in order to stay on track.
It doesn't matter if you narrow it down to dogs, he's still wrong! Besides, if he were right, his observation should apply to all species and there would be no need for you to selectively narrow it down; but it doesn't apply to any species.
That's a cop out. The experiment must be selectively narrowed down because each species is different to a degree. All variables need to be carefully controlled. If it turns out that dogs cannot identify their masters from sight alone (barring any other sensory input), then the experiment can be expanded to other animals. I'm sure there is some variability between animals in their ability to see detail by sight alone.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
A camera uses the light that is reflected and absorbed by the object. The operative word is 'uses'. The object is then seen on film. Even the Lone Ranger, I believe, agrees that without the object, the camera has nothing to focus on. So how could we see Columbus discovering America from the star Rigel, if there was no object on which to focus? It doesn't even make logical sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael
Everyone agrees that not having an object to reflect the light, there will be no image. People may say that a camera is focusing on the object, but that's not actually what's happening. The camera is actually focusing the rays of light. Even if you don't believe me, pick up any book that explains how a camera works, or simply search for how a camera works.

This all makes complete, logical sense if light is the medium by which we see.
Quote:
When I take a picture, the camera is focusing on the people or event it wants to capture. It's true that the light is what is allowing the picture to be developed due to the wavelengths. But you can't separate the object from the light, which is what people are trying to do. In other words, light alone would never turn into a picture without the actual object which it is being reflected off of.
Quote:
If you are trying to say you won't get a picture of an object if the light never reflected off it, then yes, that is a true and completely undisputed statement. If, however, you are trying to say that if an object were to be removed from its location then from that instant on it would be impossible to take a picture of it, then you are wrong. Provided you have a camera that can take the picture in the time between the removal of the object and the light it last reflected reaching the film, you will get a picture of the object.
I don't see how that's possible. How can you take a picture of light without the object that gives it its wavelenths and frequencies? Even in a pinhole camera, you could take a picture of the image on a wall, but the object reflecting that image has to be present. Have you ever seen a moon reflected through a pinhole camera without the moon being present?

Quote:
Since light moves pretty damn fast, this is best observed in astronomy, where the distances are so vast that even light seems slow to cross them. The phenomenon of the moons of Jupiter during an eclipse has already been pointed out to you. If you take a picture of Jupiter as the event happens it will not show the eclipse. The light captured by that picture was reflected before the eclipse began, and so will have the properties and data of that instant, not of the eclipse. You must wait a few minutes for the light reflected by Jupiter and its moons during the eclipse to reach you. By the time that light reaches you, the moons will no longer be where the picture shows them to be. Photographs are developed from the information carried by light, and since light takes time to cross the distance from one point to another, any changes to the object in the interim will not appear in the photo.
That was the clearest explanation of everyone Kael. But it still poses a problem. You know, years ago people were hanged if they didn't agree with the thinking of the day. That's how I feel right now. God forbid someone comes along and disputes what everyone believes is sacred. :eek:

Quote:
This is why more distant galaxies appear to be younger than our own, the further away the younger still. You are, in effect, looking back in time, because you are seeing the light that was generated or reflected by that galaxy thousands, or millions, or even billions of years ago. Those galaxies almost certainly do not currently look like what you will see when you look at them. You can only capture, via your own eyes or a camera, the information of the state they were in when the light began its long journey from there to here.

Feel free to dismiss this, as I do not doubt you will, but this is very solidly established fact, supported by vast amounts of experimental data. If you could show some experimental data that proved you were photographing an astronomical event as it happened rather than after the event when the light reflected by it reached you, that would be something. Especially if it was replicable, as all good experiments should be. To simply assert it is so, as Lessans does with his example of Rigel, when we have centuries of accumulated data that demonstrates otherwise with no exceptions... Does it really surprise you that no one takes this claim seriously?
All the accumulated data was based on the belief that the eyes were a sense organ. That's what Lessans meant when he said Aristotle's classifications of the senses were assumed to be correct. No one ever questioned that the eyes may function differently. It was taken for granted that the eyes, like the other senses, acquired information from the light, similar to sound reaching the ears. Consequently, the results were misleading (if Lessans turns out to be right) because the assumption that images were being interpreted by signals coming from light could have easily led to a logically contructed model.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:56 PM

:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor X View Post

--J.D.
Wouldn't want to do that. :eek:
Old 04-24-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor X View Post
Quote:
You know what David, this is getting old.
Who gives a shit what you think? You have been lying for decades.

--J.D.
You're the next to be ignored, not that you give a dam. :(
Old 04-24-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
So much for the scientific method. It's rotten and it stinks to high heaven.
Then you don't understand it. It is by far the best way we have of figuring out how the world works yet you refuse to use it. You are a big believer of step 1, why not the rest? For example, test 2. Lessans made a lot of "observations" but failed to posit any testable hypothesis to explain them.
Quote:
Introduction to the Scientific Method
1. Observation and description of a phenomenon or group of phenomena.

2. Formulation of an hypothesis to explain the phenomena. In physics, the hypothesis often takes the form of a causal mechanism or a mathematical relation.

3. Use of the hypothesis to predict the existence of other phenomena, or to predict quantitatively the results of new observations.

4. Performance of experimental tests of the predictions by several independent experimenters and properly performed experiments.

The scientific method requires that an hypothesis be ruled out or modified if its predictions are clearly and repeatedly incompatible with experimental tests. Further, no matter how elegant a theory is, its predictions must agree with experimental results if we are to believe that it is a valid description of nature.
Lessans ideas on sight and light disagree with all experimental results ever done! What will it take to convince you that he had it wrong? What kinds of tests on light and sight do you feel have NOT been done that you think should be done?
What I'm trying to determine is whether a dog can recognize his master (and we need more than one dog to figure this out; I really don't trust a lot of the studies because they are often skewed) just by the image in the light going into their eyes and interpreted in the brain. If they cannot interpret the image just from sight alone, then at least we can formulate a hypothesis that a dog's recognition needs his other senses to confirm the identify of his master.

The second thing I hope will help to confirm or reject his findings is whether there is a possibility that the brain is focusing outward, not interpreting the signals inward. One of his assertions (once again, I'm using that term so no one will get rialed up) is that a baby cannot focus his eyes because his brain needs other sense experience (an electric signal) to begin to use the ciliary muscle to focus the eyes. If the ciliary muscle is already developed at birth, then something else could be going on. You need to at least consider the possibility that he could be right, but no, everyone tells me that the model of sight has been proved to be right. I think there are flaws in their interpretation of what is really going on.
Feel free to point out where and how the studies linked and cited to you are "skewed," provided you actually have such suspicions and aren't just looking for a way to dismiss the copious data that demonstrates the invalidity of Lessans' claims, rather than their validity, as you seem to think all proper experiments undoubtedly will.
If the experimenter's hypothesis is that dogs can identify their masters, it could (I'm not saying it has to) lead to a flawed experiment. The experimenter cannot be biased, which can often skew an experiment. In the Mythbusters video, I don't think they had strict enough controls. Additionally, I haven't seen copious data that demonstrates the invalidity of Lessans' claims about dogs. As I said earlier, I don't think my dog would be able to recognize me without smelling me or hearing my voice when I come in the door, although this is anecdotal. I don't think it would be that difficult to do more experiments, either showing a dog a picture, or a video without any sound. The owner could be standing next to other people to see if the dog gets excited and runs up to his master and smushes his nose against the screen where the owners' face is, indicating true recognition. These experiments have to be very carefully controlled and many experiments done to be confident that the results are reliable.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
You're the next to be ignored, not that you give a dam. :(

"IF I cared. If I fucking cared. If I gave a solitary FUCK about your crushed dishonesty."

Promise shithead? Coward? Hypocrite? Liar?

Nevertheless, I will continue to periodically destroy your lies and crush you whether you read it or not. For you do not read. We all know this. :pat:

Further, when you try to sell your lies elsewhere, when people search for information on your Loon, they will find this thread. :wave:

"Now . . . Fuck OFF!"

--J.D.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy