Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > The Sciences

Old 05-23-2017, 09:16 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Default Re: Drive by science

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (05-30-2017), Crumb (05-23-2017), Dragar (05-23-2017), Kyuss Apollo (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017), Zehava (05-31-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 05:34 PM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:21 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Jerome, any updates? I am keen to flesh out your model a bit. Phases of the moon, and what causes them? Are the sun and moon discs also, or globes?

Also, can you elaborate on how buoyancy works, and what is making the sun and moon move about?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), beyelzu (05-30-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 08:25 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-26-2017), BrotherMan (05-24-2017), JoeP (05-24-2017), Kyuss Apollo (05-24-2017), Pan Narrans (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 01:04 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Jerome, any updates? I am keen to flesh out your model a bit. Phases of the moon, and what causes them? Are the sun and moon discs also, or globes?

Also, can you elaborate on how buoyancy works, and what is making the sun and moon move about?
PFM, compliments of the flat Earther's.
Angakuk (05-26-2017)
Old 05-27-2017, 01:17 PM

Hey guys, you can make an easy $25,000, all you have to do is provide proof of the globe!

:wave:
Old 05-29-2017, 06:32 PM

$25,000 payment for proof the world is a globe

msargent23@comcat.net

720-897-6111

Kathy Dunson

perelandra77@gmail.com

collect your cash
Old 05-30-2017, 05:38 AM

Jerome, there's a reason that you've been banned from some forums. It's your incessant trolling. Your low standards for your arguments and impossibly high standards for counterarguments.

For my part, I wish to note that there is a simple low-tech way of finding the shape of the Earth. Look at eclipses of the Moon. No matter where the Moon is in the sky, the Earth's shadow on it is approximately circular. This means that the Earth is approximately spherical.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (05-30-2017), But (05-30-2017), Crumb (05-30-2017), Dragar (05-30-2017), Stormlight (05-30-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 02:57 PM

Claiming 'trolling' is just the excuse given to not have to deal with facts which upset your world view.

Have you collected the $25,000?
Old 05-30-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
For my part, I wish to note that there is a simple low-tech way of finding the shape of the Earth. Look at eclipses of the Moon. No matter where the Moon is in the sky, the Earth's shadow on it is approximately circular. This means that the Earth is approximately spherical.
Please attempt to explain the observational evidence I provided with the sun and moon in the sky during an eclipse, with the shadow on the moon being on the wrong side to be from the earth.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:43 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
Please attempt to explain the observational evidence I provided with the sun and moon in the sky during an eclipse, with the shadow on the moon being on the wrong side to be from the earth.
Like probably every creationist dipshit that I have ever argued with, you seem to think that a single spurious example invalidates the accepted position. We have lots of proof for a spherical earth, I don't need to answer your particular stupid shit to have a sound understanding of science.

The simplest thing for you to do would be to post a picture of the edge of the earth. See that is how science works, you have a framework of understanding that makes some prediction(in this case, if the earth is flat, it will have an edge) then you conduct an experiment and show if the data supports the theory). For this sort of conversation we are having, you would just produce evidence that supported your theory and explain why.

If you don't do this, you can't possibly prove to anyone that you are correct. Random ass examples of unexplained or odd phenomena don't make you right. My hypothetical inability to answer some bullshit example that you haven't even explained how it supports your theory doesn't prove you right.

When your idea of the universe contradicts 99.99999999999etc percent of observed phenomena, you cant point to one or two examples of error or unexplained phenomena, scream "checkmate, scientism!" and prove your point.

Well, you can do a couple of those things,but you just won't prove your point.
Angakuk (05-31-2017), Crumb (05-30-2017), Ensign Steve (06-01-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 04:04 PM

The observation invalidates your model. Throwing your hands up, calling names, using logical fallacies and strawmen does not change this.

You are obviously ignorant how science works.

If 99% of observations can be explained by a model, but one single observation invalidates said model, said model is discarded by science.

Science is a method, you have accepted scientism, which is a religion, in place of science.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:06 PM

Bey, did you make contact and collect your $25,000?
Old 05-30-2017, 04:28 PM

Well, I certainly don't want anything to do with scientism!

So in stead, why don't we look at buoyancy without gravity so we are doing proper science? How does it work? And do we have an update on what causes the phases of the moon? Or what makes the sun and moon move around?

Anyway - that image of the moon and the sun is easily explained: special effects.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-31-2017), beyelzu (05-30-2017), Crumb (05-30-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 05:11 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
The observation invalidates your model. Throwing your hands up, calling names, using logical fallacies and strawmen does not change this.

You are obviously ignorant how science works.

If 99% of observations can be explained by a model, but one single observation invalidates said model, said model is discarded by science.

Science is a method, you have accepted scientism, which is a religion, in place of science.
I'm literally a published microbiologist, a claim that I can prove unlike your medium sized corporations. I do understand science.

Newtonian physics isn't completely invalidated because it doesn't accurately describe Mercury's orbit, it was just incomplete as it didn't account for relativistic effects. It still holds and accurately describes lots of phenomena.

So yeah, observations matter, but, no a single observation can't simply invalidate a bunch of science. Instead what actually occurs is more subtle.

You have a shitty understanding of the principle that science must be falsifiable. A single unexplained phenomenon doesn't result in throwing out a theory.

Also with flat earth specifically, you are talking about a massive, massive conspiracy so you have multiple, extraordinarily high burdens of proof for your fantastic claim that the earth is not a sphere.
Angakuk (05-31-2017), Ari (05-30-2017), Crumb (05-30-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 07:08 PM

Interesting how you avoid the problem which debunks your model and then attempt to shift the burden.

Not clear why you have not yet collected your $25,000 for proof the world is a sphere, unless of course you can't..
Old 05-30-2017, 09:01 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

:yawn:
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (05-30-2017), JoeP (05-30-2017), Kyuss Apollo (05-31-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 11:45 PM

So no one will step up and collect the $25,000? Guess your model is not what you think it is, is it.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:41 AM
happy now, Mussolini?

Mars had water for longer than previously thought

Quote:
High concentrations of silica point to the existence of groundwater long after lakes evaporated. This finding extends the potential window for life on the planet

:kang:

:kodos:

Last edited by Kyuss Apollo; 05-31-2017 at 04:51 AM.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (06-04-2017), ceptimus (05-31-2017), Crumb (05-28-2020), JoeP (05-31-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Interesting how you avoid the problem which debunks your model and then attempt to shift the burden.

Not clear why you have not yet collected your $25,000 for proof the world is a sphere, unless of course you can't..
Hey? Are you telling me that just saying "special effects" is not a satisfactory answer or something?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-31-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 06:58 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

It's not quite 'liberals did it.'
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-31-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 10:44 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Prove that the Earth is flat and I will give you 1000 dollars. I promise.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-01-2017), Dragar (06-01-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 02:41 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
$25,000 payment for proof the world is a globe

msargent23@comcat.net

720-897-6111

Kathy Dunson

perelandra77@gmail.com

collect your cash
Could you provide a link to a site rather than E-Mail addresses? I'm not ready to give my E-Mail address to some crackpot so that they can flood my mailbox with junk mail.
The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Here's your proof!

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-02-2017), Ari (06-02-2017), beyelzu (06-04-2017), Dragar (06-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (06-09-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 10:30 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Flat Earth, explain Volcano's and Earth Quakes.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > The Sciences