Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum

Old 03-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

Default Re: Transformers Mafia - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
- I was flat out SHOCKED by two things almost right away: Choosing Demi as the kill for the N1 re-fire (I was so dead certain they were going to blast Crumb since investigations came back before the second shot got fired - this is your magic bolt theory.)
Gonzo was offline until like halfway through the next day, so slim and I didn't find out about Crumb until we had already chosen.

Quote:
The other was that Adam went for slim on day 2 with so many potential investigators/blockers left in the game. And of course, as with any usurper, the other decepticons were NOT informed in the role PMs ;)
That's actually a big part of why I did go after him so early. I wanted to establish myself as a good guy by gunning for slim early so I wouldn't be investigated. :shakekael: once again.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Dissonance is its own reward

I have a lot more notes but they're on the dead computer and I haven't gotten to all my drives yet. If there are any questions about anything I may have missed, go for it :)
Old 03-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

So was Wrek-Gar the role you added? And was it really random that I got it? :wink:
Old 03-24-2010, 08:16 PM
California Sober

Yeah, we should have known Crumb was the indy from the start, since he was the 13th player.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:16 PM

Nope. It was Ratchet, which was originally Soundwave's safeclaim.
Crumb (03-24-2010)
Old 03-24-2010, 08:18 PM

Obviously, with the addition of the doctor, I added more power to the decepticons. Originally Starscream didn't gain Class 1 or a roleblock when Megatron died. Also, Grimlock was just a vig.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Not as smart as Adam

Fucking mad game Megatron.

There were a few times there when I had no idea. Seriously no idea. Adam's ploy was brilliant for a day two gambit.

Next time I'm ready my role PM more carefully. Sorry about that.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:22 AM
California Sober

I'm sure nobody expected your power to be moot before night one. I guess I wasn't the only vanilla this game after all. :highfive:
Deadlokd (03-25-2010)
Old 03-25-2010, 03:17 AM
Man, the French have a different word for everything!

Great game everyone. I am just now getting online after a very long day!

SHOUT OUTS ARE IN ORDER!

Regardless of the story between point a and b this was an absolutely stellar effort by everyone within this crazy ass mod.
Megs - you are sick! I am going to take my frustrations out on you very shortly in the Chess Thread!
Seriously though this was absolutely a tour de force! Thanks for the awesome first experience. You did not disappoint!

Crumb - Had no earthly idea what you were until Gonzo outed you. You possibly had the hardest win condition next to Adam I think. Great game!

bey - Good show! You really led the endgame well. I don't give a shit about what anyone might say (including myself)...you keep crunching those numbers.

JA - sorry I suspected you,,,especially when you first came out as the doc (had to do ALOT of tongue-bitting). I was thinking "WTF???" but your analysis and careful consideration of every detail made me want to trust you so well played. The charts were kick ass too...thanks! Megs isn't the only one whose mudflaps say"bad mutherfucker"!

ES - thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. btw...when I called you a possible traitor, while taking a good long look at the scrapheap, it was for two reasons.
a) though still leery of you at the time I wanted to possibly keep scum from wanting to target you at night. Also, in what appeared to be the slight chance of me acting in Night 4, I did not want to worry about another character to decide whether to protect should I have been uncertain about blocking Gonzo.
b) It was also to piss you off since you almost got me killed! ...or did I do that all by myself?:yup:
You played brilliantly though because I still do not think that autobot OR decepticon wanted to even look at you funny much less try to kill or lynch you!

Dl and JA Thanks for both of your parts in taking the heat off me thus saving my ass! I don't think I need to elaborate.
liv - you died early but your posts spoke to me from beyond the scrapheap. Thanks for the immense help that you provided in the short time that you were in the game.
Demi - your posts gave me much insight as well and, though you died night 1, I was at least glad to know that I was not sleeping with the enemy or something!

Adam - win or lose you do certainly showed in this game that you've got a set of balls that would make Devastator himself curl up into the fetal position and cry like a little bitch! You definitely made this game more interesting and challenging.

Kael - Sorry we lost you so early but having said that your roleclaim which contradicted Adam's was one of the things that kept me on him the rest of the game. It also saved all of our asses because I am not sure we could have put things together otherwise.

Gonzo - Well my good friend I guess you rode that unicycle back from hell after all...man you had me fooled for so much of the game! Thanks however for the epic showdown on night 4.:draw:

slim - Just remember that if a player with the handle "sugarhillgang90210" comes onto :ff: then I will probably like them better...:giggle:: (just kidding):wink:
good show!

And finally lees - we're all thinking about ya girl! Hope all is well in real life. I know we didn't correspond in :ff: all that much directly but, as I have mentioned before, I feel like I have known everyone here as long as Demi has so my thoughts are with you.

I went though an immense learning curve in this game being a first timer and all. Still surprised I survived the entire way. I wonder if Megs chuckled when I got the (protector / jailkeeper) role....it really drove me nuts at times because it's so freaking hard to validate when things heat up.

I am so glad to have been a part of this kick ass game thread with all you wonderful people! This rocked!
Thanks, from:
Adam (03-25-2010), Demimonde (03-25-2010), Gonzo (03-25-2010), Megatron (03-25-2010)
Old 03-25-2010, 04:49 AM

Damn, so if I had overridden liv on night 1, then the bullet wouldn't go back in the barrel and Demi would have lived?

Also, I guess Gonzo didn't know Adam blocked me and that bey was vulnerable? If they coordinated then they could've killed beyelzu and gotten me lynched. :shrug:

ETA: we got lucky with that speed lynch. Didn't anyone else consider the possibility that Contra had protected Gonzo and that's why no kill happened? Or that Contra was lying? I never even got a chance to post before the day ended, but all's well that ends well.
Thanks, from:
Gonzo (03-25-2010)
Old 03-25-2010, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapposto View Post
Megs isn't the only one whose mudflaps say"bad mutherfucker"!
I beg to differ.

Contrapposto, AKA

Trailbreaker, Autobot Protector - Jailkeeper has been modkilled.

Contrapposto (03-25-2010), Deadlokd (03-25-2010), Demimonde (03-26-2010), Gonzo (03-25-2010)
Old 03-25-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Adams View Post
Damn, so if I had overridden liv on night 1, then the bullet wouldn't go back in the barrel and Demi would have lived?
No. The field is a disrupt. Your override would have been 'deflected' upon yourself. It was, in fact, the only way for you to self-protect.

Quote:
Also, I guess Gonzo didn't know Adam blocked me and that bey was vulnerable? If they coordinated then they could've killed beyelzu and gotten me lynched. :shrug:
They coordinated their night abilities, so I kinda wondered about this one myself. They were REALLY gunning for Crumb during that time.

Quote:
ETA: we got lucky with that speed lynch. Didn't anyone else consider the possibility that Contra had protected Gonzo and that's why no kill happened? Or that Contra was lying? I never even got a chance to post before the day ended, but all's well that ends well.
That's what I was hoping for, actually... because the town's power was fairly overwhelming after two of the biggest threats were gone (The Cult and the potential Serial Killer)
Old 03-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Man, the French have a different word for everything!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapposto View Post
Megs isn't the only one whose mudflaps say"bad mutherfucker"!
I beg to differ.

Contrapposto, AKA

Trailbreaker, Autobot Protector - Jailkeeper has been modkilled.

:sadcheer:
Old 03-25-2010, 06:09 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Adams View Post
No. The field is a disrupt. Your override would have been 'deflected' upon yourself. It was, in fact, the only way for you to self-protect.

Quote:
They coordinated their night abilities, so I kinda wondered about this one myself. They were REALLY gunning for Crumb during that time.

Quote:
That's what I was hoping for, actually... because the town's power was fairly overwhelming after two of the biggest threats were gone (The Cult and the potential Serial Killer)
well, I wasn't worried about the speed lynch cuz at the very least it would get rid of gonzo and we would repeat the next day.

if contra was lying we would just kill him the next day. it wasn't lynch or lose. and I also thought about lynching es the next day and getting her to use her power. making a final day of 3 people with one scum.

it really was never in doubt as long as we were slow and methodical.

Did the scum know that they could kill me. I had a high power rating and was actually wondering if I could be nightkilled by anyone other than mega.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:42 AM

Your power rating would have saved you from liv's bomb (disrupt instead of death), and for you to be culted, Lees would need to already have two recruits.

Decepticon kills ignored power ratings entirely. It was primarily a mechanic to slow down the cult - otherwise, if you hadn't lynched her, she could have methodically recruited every night.

Note, however, that the cult cop was recruitable from the start. :D

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum