Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 05-06-2012, 05:24 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
We provided you with NASA's math toolkit, used by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory for all its missions and discussed the barycenter and you ignored it because you didn't understand it. Here it is again to ignore

spkezp_c
Quote:
"LT+S" Correct for one-way light time and
stellar aberration using a Newtonian
formulation. This option modifies the
position obtained with the "LT" option
to account for the observer's velocity
relative to the solar system
barycenter. The result is the apparent
position of the target---the position
as seen by the observer.

"CN" Converged Newtonian light time
correction. In solving the light time
equation, the "CN" correction iterates
until the solution converges (three
iterations on all supported platforms).

The "CN" correction typically does not
substantially improve accuracy because
the errors made by ignoring
relativistic effects may be larger than
the improvement afforded by obtaining
convergence of the light time solution.
The "CN" correction computation also
requires a significantly greater number
of CPU cycles than does the
one-iteration light time correction.
That explanation doesn't offer proof. In fact, it gives an excuse for an inaccurate outcome. I'm waiting to see conclusive proof that due to light time correction, and nothing else, we are able to make accurate computations.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
How can actual distance be virtually nil (which means almost zero)? That's not logically or physically possible.

Actual physical distance cannot be nullified without movement, because it's actual and physical and can be measured. It is, by definition, the distance between two physical locations in space time. Two physical locations cannot be one physical location, because that's an impossibility. Laws of physics and all that.
No LadyShea, you are repeating the same mantra since this thread started. If my eyes can see an object by means of light, then that means there is no gap between locations, therefore it doesn't violate the laws of physics. That's in your imagination. That's because you're thinking in terms of light having to travel to us. You have yet to understand how the eyes work which is why you can't even begin to contemplate how real time vision is even possible.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:53 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

The Hubble photos are authentic. That we can see supernovas and detect the photons from the supernova at the same time, contrary to Lessans prediction, is authentic. The Fizeau experiment is authentic. That NASA uses a speed of light correction in all of its projects and programs, and that those projects are successful in reaching their target, is authentic.

Here is an animation of the Fizeau experiment The measurement of the speed of light conducted by Fizeau

You are a liar, or you are hopelessly stupid, or you are adhering to your faith beyond all rationality, or you are crazy.
Thanks, from:
davidm (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
How can actual distance be virtually nil (which means almost zero)? That's not logically or physically possible.

Actual physical distance cannot be nullified without movement, because it's actual and physical and can be measured. It is, by definition, the distance between two physical locations in space time. Two physical locations cannot be one physical location, because that's an impossibility. Laws of physics and all that.
No LadyShea, you are repeating the same mantra since this thread started. If my eyes can see an object by means of light, then that means there is no gap between locations, therefore it doesn't violate the laws of physics. That's in your imagination. That's because you're thinking in terms of light having to travel to us. You have yet to understand how the eyes work which is why you can't even begin to contemplate how real time vision is even possible.
Eyes cannot nullify physical distance, because that is not possible within the laws of physics.

You sound like an idiot.
Thanks, from:
davidm (05-06-2012), Spacemonkey (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It is the non-absorbed light that is revealed due to the absorption of the visual spectrum. [...] It does not travel...

HE WAS NOT SAYING THAT LIGHT IS AT REST.
Some light hits an object, and not all of it is absorbed. What happens to the non-absorbed light? Do you think it is sensible and sane to suggest that it doesn't travel away and that it doesn't stay there at rest?

What would you think about the mental health of a person who made such silly claims and had their silliness explained to them such that they agreed and changed their position, only to a few weeks later return to stating the exact same silly claims? Should people be concerned about such a person?
It seems silly to you because you don't even understand what I'm saying. I never said light stays at rest. You're just as lost as everyone else.
Then what happens to the non-absorbed light? Why is it not silly to say that it neither stays there at rest nor travels away? What else can it possibly do?
How many times do I have to say that light travels, but non-absorbed light (the light that provides the mirror image) does not get (N) reflected which would indicate that it travels in that pattern forever. You will not understand why this is so if you don't see this from the efferent standpoint. That's why you're getting confused.
Of course it travels. The problem was your above quoted claim that it doesn't. It doesn't matter how many times you say it travels if you keep forgetting and claiming otherwise.
You are completely failing to understand why non-absorbed light (the pattern that strikes our retina to reveal the object) does not exist beyond the inverse square law since it joins with the other colors in the visible spectrum.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:57 PM

You still sound like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
that means there is no gap between locations
But there is a gap, a measurable physical distance between two points. It exists. You cannot name a mechanism by which it ceases to exists without violating physical laws.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It is the non-absorbed light that is revealed due to the absorption of the visual spectrum. [...] It does not travel...

HE WAS NOT SAYING THAT LIGHT IS AT REST.
Some light hits an object, and not all of it is absorbed. What happens to the non-absorbed light? Do you think it is sensible and sane to suggest that it doesn't travel away and that it doesn't stay there at rest?

What would you think about the mental health of a person who made such silly claims and had their silliness explained to them such that they agreed and changed their position, only to a few weeks later return to stating the exact same silly claims? Should people be concerned about such a person?
It seems silly to you because you don't even understand what I'm saying. I never said light stays at rest. You're just as lost as everyone else.
Then what happens to the non-absorbed light? Why is it not silly to say that it neither stays there at rest nor travels away? What else can it possibly do?
How many times do I have to say that light travels, but non-absorbed light (the light that provides the mirror image) does not get (N) reflected which would indicate that it travels in that pattern forever. You will not understand why this is so if you don't see this from the efferent standpoint. That's why you're getting confused.
Of course it travels. The problem was your above quoted claim that it doesn't. It doesn't matter how many times you say it travels if you keep forgetting and claiming otherwise.
You are completely failing to understand why non-absorbed light (the pattern that strikes our retina to reveal the object) does not exist beyond the inverse square law since it joins with the other colors in the visible spectrum.
Of course we are failing to understand lunatic word salad with no meaning whatsoever.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Yes, repeat, because you still sound like an idiot.
Do you actually think your little outburst changes anything? You just don't like to be called out on anything because you think your precious scientific method can weed out the phonies. But you're wrong and you can't stand it.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Do you actually think your little outburst changes anything?
LOL the histrionic religious fanatic who talks about being nailed to a cross accuses me of having an outburst.

You're an idiot who says crazy shit like "that means there is no gap between locations"

There is a gap, a measurable physical distance between two points. It exists. You cannot name a mechanism by which it ceases to exist without violating physical laws.

Last edited by LadyShea; 05-06-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Thanks, from:
davidm (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 06:10 PM

And yes you don't even need to say it, I am well aware of your histrionic, revenge fantasy fueled prediction that I will rue the day I called you names and martyred you for the cause of Lessans nonsense.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:13 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Very well then:

Quote:
Quote:

In that diagram, the eye sees the light bulb reflected in the mirror.
Do we see:
- the light bulb in real time?
- the light bulb reflected off the glass plate in real time?
- the reflection of light bulb off the mirror in real time?
- nothing in real time?

Or, to make it more like Lessans' example, if we start with the light bulb off, then turn it on, when do we see the light bulb?
- instantly?
- after the light bulb reflects off the glass plate?
- after the light bulb reflects off the mirror?
- some other time that I can't figure out?
It's impossible to detect light before it arrives. That's like saying if the Sun was turned on and it took 8 minutes to reach Earth, we could detect the light before it arrives 8 minutes later. That's not what Lessans is saying.
Did I say "detect light"? No I did not. In the example above you see a reflection of the light bulb in the mirror.

We could break it down even simpler. Let's say you are looking at a light bulb in a mirror.
Do we see:
- nothing in real time?
How can this be tested when the mirror, the light bulb, and the observer are so close to each other. It presents the same problem as the example of seeing the spot on the moon.
He asked you which ones of those elements can be seen in real time. This is not the real test yet, in the diagram there is no rotating wheel, and the latest question concerns only a light bulb and a mirror. What can be seen in real time, the light bulb, its reflection, or nothing?

In the Fizeau experiment, there is a point in time when no light can be seen. This happens at a particular speed of the wheel and shouldn't be possible if we saw in real time. Do you want me to go into more detail? Just kidding, of course you don't.
Thanks, from:
davidm (05-06-2012), LadyShea (05-06-2012)
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
Quote:
Very well then:

Quote:
Quote:

Do we see:
- nothing in real time?

Or, to make it more like Lessans' example, if we start with the light bulb off, then turn it on, when do we see the light bulb?
- instantly?
It's impossible to detect light before it arrives. That's like saying if the Sun was turned on and it took 8 minutes to reach Earth, we could detect the light before it arrives 8 minutes later. That's not what Lessans is saying.
Did I say "detect light"? No I did not. In the example above you see a reflection of the light bulb in the mirror.

We could break it down even simpler. Let's say you are looking at a light bulb in a mirror.
Do we see:
- nothing in real time?
How can this be tested when the mirror, the light bulb, and the observer are so close to each other. It presents the same problem as the example of seeing the spot on the moon.
Why don't you actually answer the question and then we'll concern ourselves over how this was tested.

Quote:
The Hubble photos are authentic. That we can see supernovas and detect the photons from the supernova at the same time, contrary to Lessans prediction, is authentic. The Fizeau experiment is authentic. That NASA uses a speed of light correction in all of its projects and programs, and that those projects are successful in reaching their target, is authentic.

Here is an animation of the Fizeau experiment The measurement of the speed of light conducted by Fizeau

You are a liar, or you are hopelessly stupid, or you are adhering to your faith beyond all rationality, or you are crazy.
This experiment was done to determine the speed of light. He makes no mention of seeing the light bulb.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Very well then:

Quote:
Quote:

Do we see:
- nothing in real time?

- instantly?

Do we see:
- nothing in real time?
Why don't you actually answer the question and then we'll concern ourselves over how this was tested.
I just did.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:

He was measuring the speed of light in this experiment only. That makes absolute sense that he was able to measure the speed of light. He makes no mention of seeing the light bulb.
What does the Sun look like? If you turn on the Sun, what does it look like for the 8 minutes before the light reaches the Earth? I'll make a distinction between "seeing the light bulb" and "seeing the light from the light bulb" when you can explain that.
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
And yes you don't even need to say it, I am well aware of your histrionic, revenge fantasy fueled prediction that I will rue the day I called you names and martyred you for the cause of Lessans nonsense.
This is not about revenge, nor am I being histrionic. I don't like to be called names or treated like I'm a second class citizen just because I see things differently than you do.

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-06-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Very well then:

Quote:
Quote:

Do we see:
- nothing in real time?

- instantly?

Do we see:
- nothing in real time?
I just did.
:weasel:

In what way does that constitute an answer to the question? If you look at a light bulb in a mirror, do you see the light bulb in real time or not?
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I just did.
No, you didn't. Okay, slowly and one by one:

Let's say you are looking at a light bulb in a mirror.
Do we see the light bulb in real time?
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
This is not about revenge, nor am I being histrionic. I just don't like to be called names and I will defend myself
Quit being a histrionic, weaseling idiot who says crazy things and I'll quit calling you names.
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He was measuring the speed of light in this experiment only. That makes absolute sense that he was able to measure the speed of light. He makes no mention of seeing the light bulb.
What does the Sun look like? If you turn on the Sun, what does it look like for the 8 minutes before the light reaches the Earth? I'll make a distinction between "seeing the light bulb" and "seeing the light from the light bulb" when you can explain that.
But you're concluding the very thing that we're setting out to prove. You can't assume that what you will see is the light bulb. There's a difference between light that is emitted and the object (the Sun) which contains other gases and gives it its shape. If I was looking up toward the Sun, I would see light (especially if there was a glare). If something blocked the Sun, it would suddenly be dark. This doesn't prove that we see in delayed time.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This is not about revenge, nor am I being histrionic. I just don't like to be called names and I will defend myself
Quit being a histrionic, weaseling idiot who says crazy things and I'll quit calling you names.
I know you are trying to fill in where David and NA left off, but I'm not going to allow you to act this way just because you don't like my answers.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I just did.
No, you didn't. Okay, slowly and one by one:

I already answered this. It is impossible to prove anything from this example where the object (the light bulb) is present. Even though the light is being (P) reflected off of the mirror, the light bulb is still there. The theory is that the object doesn't have to be present once it reflects the light that contains the pattern in it. I have yet to ever see any pattern of light strike my eyes that reveals an object when the object is nowhere to be found.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to allow you to act this way just because you don't like my answers.
How do you plan on disallowing any action of mine?
Old 05-06-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
I already answered this.
No you didn't.

Quote:
It is impossible to prove anything from this example where the object (the light bulb) is present in some form.
That wasn't the question. The question was
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Don't forget bringing up how we send rockets to Mars. She NEVER answers that one; she avoids it like the electrified third rail, because she can't find any remotely plausible reason to brush it off as "unreliable." :yup: Hold her feet to the fire and rub her nose in it. :yup:

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy