simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Default Re: Good King Trump

:dddp:
Old 03-04-2024, 04:53 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
Looks like I can’t edit the above post, can that be fixed?
I was able to delete the URL.
beyelzu (03-04-2024), JoeP (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 04:56 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories View Post
No offense taken, but your whole argument against my claim seems to be that you believe you have read more than me. I don't really know how to respond to that.
It could be worse. Some complete morons argue by telling you what you "really think", or "what you are really saying is ..", or some other form of idiotic gaslighting fuckery.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Yeah that happens a lot especially to the disingenuous, I bet you hear that shit constantly.

Its no wonder it’s a pet peeve of yours.
JoeP (03-04-2024), mickthinks (03-04-2024), ShottleBop (03-29-2024), Sock Puppet (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 05:28 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Unsurprisingly, the SCOTUS punted on the issue, possibly making an even worse decision. Since when do the 6 conservative SC members think the states don't have the right to manage their own elections? They, of course, didn't rule on insurrection.

Supreme Court rejects attempts to ban Trump from 2024 ballot | AP News

Quote:
The justices sidestepped the politically fraught issue of insurrection in their opinions Monday.

The court held that states may bar candidates from state office. “But States have no power under the Constitution to enforce Section 3 with respect to federal offices, especially the Presidency,” the court wrote.

While all nine justices agreed that Trump should be on the ballot, there was sharp disagreement from the three liberal members of the court and a milder disagreement from conservative Justice Amy Coney Barrett that their colleagues went too far in determining what Congress must do to disqualify someone from federal office.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (03-04-2024), JoeP (03-04-2024), Sock Puppet (03-04-2024), Stephen Maturin (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 06:15 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Amy Howe of SCOTUSblog has a good write-up here, which includes a link to the opinions.

Super Tuesday is tomorrow, and PAB was already on the Republican ballot in Colorado based on the Colorado Supreme Court's stay of its ruling. The 9-0 outcome is pretty much what everyone expected after oral argument. Sotomayor, Kagan, and Jackson signed an opinion concurring in the judgment but giving the majority (lol per curiam) the business for deciding a bunch of shit that was unnecessary to resolve the case. Cornholio-Bababooey took the opportunity to tut-tut-tut her fellow female justices for not just sitting the fuck down and shutting the fuck up:

Quote:
The majority’s choice of a different path leaves the remaining Justices with a choice of how to respond. In my judgment, this is not the time to amplify disagreement with stridency. The Court has settled a politically charged issue in the volatile season of a Presidential election. Particularly in this circumstance, writings on the Court should turn the national temperature down, not up.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Ari (03-04-2024), beyelzu (03-04-2024), JoeP (03-05-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-04-2024), slimshady2357 (03-04-2024), Sock Puppet (03-04-2024), specious_reasons (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 07:23 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Cornholio-Bababooey took the opportunity to tut-tut-tut her fellow female justices for not just sitting the fuck down and shutting the fuck up:

Quote:
The majority’s choice of a different path leaves the remaining Justices with a choice of how to respond. In my judgment, this is not the time to amplify disagreement with stridency. The Court has settled a politically charged issue in the volatile season of a Presidential election. Particularly in this circumstance, writings on the Court should turn the national temperature down, not up.
Why did that woman leave her station in the home to take authority over men?

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
JoeP (03-05-2024), Stephen Maturin (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 08:00 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

Since when in the name of Bleeding Jesus does the SCOTUS give a shit about "national temperature"? Rhetorical question.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (03-04-2024), Crumb (03-06-2024), JoeP (03-05-2024), Stephen Maturin (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 08:58 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

For real. This isn't exactly Earl Warren deftly turning an initial 5-4 vote in Brown v. Board of Education into a unanimous ruling, is it? :D

Still, I've got no real complaints about the outcome or the one agreed-upon rationale.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Old 03-04-2024, 09:05 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
There is so much to love in this, from Trump's weird little baby penis index finger (accurate), to the guy wearing the ring on his missing ring finger, to the other guy's cursed hat.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (03-04-2024), JoeP (03-05-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-05-2024), slimshady2357 (03-05-2024), Stephen Maturin (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 10:03 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Just picture various White House Chiefs of Staff balancing on balls and barking like seals while "Dr. Ronnie" tosses them speed.

Thanks, from:
specious_reasons (03-04-2024)
Old 03-11-2024, 10:41 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thanks, from:
Crumb (03-12-2024), JoeP (03-12-2024), Stephen Maturin (03-11-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 12:31 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Not exactly. The people are going to present tweets from 2018 as evidence, but in the high school paper pretending to be a real law document they argue that all Trump tweets are 'official acts' and thus fall under presidential immunity, which has yet to be decided, and would they please stop and let Scotus decide he's king before the evidence gets presented in court.

Immunity or bust!
Thanks, from:
JoeP (03-12-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-12-2024), Stephen Maturin (03-13-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 03:48 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Enjoy jail, Navarro.

Thanks, from:
specious_reasons (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 10:33 PM

Mike Pence will not endorse Trump for President.

Pence says it's no surprise "I will not be endorsing Donald Trump" in 2024 : NPR

...but will probably vote for him?

Quote:
When asked how he would vote in November, Pence said he would not vote for Joe Biden, but that his vote would remain a private decision.
This a bold statement coming from a man who will probably need to grift off the right-wing for his continued livelihood.
Thanks, from:
Ari (03-16-2024), mickthinks (03-16-2024), viscousmemories (03-16-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 03:30 PM

Lawyer claims Trump can't get a $450 million dollar bond.

Ironically, the man who claims the properties he owns weren't overvalued can't use them as collateral for a $450 million bond.
Thanks, from:
Ari (03-19-2024), BrotherMan (03-19-2024), JoeP (03-19-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-20-2024), Sock Puppet (03-21-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 02:57 AM
Pontificating Old Fart

Ain't this a hoot?
"

Wall Street debut of Trump’s Truth Social network could net him stock worth billions on paper

NEW YORK (AP) — The Wall Street debut of Donald Trump’s Truth Social network could give him stock worth billions of dollars on paper. But the former president probably will not be able to cash it out right away, unless some things change.

The longer-term outlook for the business is highly questionable. Trump’s company has said it expects to continue losing money for a while, and at least one expert says it’s likely worth far less than the stock market suggests.

Trump’s pending return to Wall Street comes down to a vote scheduled for Friday by shareholders of a company named Digital World Acquisition Corp., which at the moment is essentially just a pile of cash. The corporation hopes to merge with Trump Media & Technology Group, the company behind Truth Social that goes by TMTG. If the shareholders approve the deal, TMTG could soon see its stock trading on the Nasdaq in Digital World’s place."

So, now he messages his minions, and asks them to send him donations for him to return shares of this stuff. so they can "Own the Truth"

He takes that money to pump up his war chest.
Ari (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 05:04 PM

I keep seeing this get reported that it could "net him 3 billion" but from my, admittedly poor, understand that would only be the case if he sold all his stock in his own Social Network, and of course the only reason it's worth anything at all is because it's Trump's Social Network. Could he actually pull out $3 billion in cash? Wouldn't that mean needing to find someone who would pay $3 billion for a Trump Social that doesn't come with a Trump?
Thanks, from:
Crumb (03-22-2024), JoeP (03-22-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

It seems that the only way for him to milk it is to get enough minions to buy up the Worthless shares.
But I don't see that there are enough of them to really pull it off.

The ultimate Vaporware.
Kamilah Hauptmann (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 05:54 PM

Today is the last business day before the mental and or physical seizures begin, and Trump has been all CAPS mode, he appears to have passed out shouting and woken up shouting with two sets of all caps posts being posted late last night and early this morning.

Spoilered for those that don't want to see Trump's Cap so early in the day.

Trump Rages As Deadline Approaches — Makes New Claim ‘I CURRENTLY HAVE ALMOST FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS IN CASH’ | Mediate March 2024
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (03-23-2024), JoeP (03-22-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-22-2024), LarsMac (03-22-2024), Sock Puppet (03-22-2024), specious_reasons (03-22-2024), Stephen Maturin (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 07:11 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

tbh he has had his judicial hacks protecting him from consequences so much all the time that even now I can't really believe that they'll actually repossess Trump Tower or some other $100m+ property within a few weeks.

But assuming it happens, it will be so, so sweet to watch.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:48 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
I GET NO JURY AND HAVE NO RIGHTS
If by that PAB means, "Whether a right to trial by jury exists as to claims brought under that statute is an unsettled question that never got ruled upon here because my clown-ass lolyers failed to make a timely jury demand," then he's right. Otherwise, not so much.

And, as always, nothing says presidential like all-caps.

Thanks, from:
Ari (03-22-2024), BrotherMan (03-23-2024), Crumb (03-22-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-22-2024), Sock Puppet (03-22-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

I really cannot grasp how a party claiming to be Fiscally Conservative can go along with this.

Trump’s invite to major donors prioritizes the committee paying his legal bills over the RNC

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump’s new joint fundraising agreement with the Republican National Committee directs donations to his campaign and a political action committee that pays the former president’s legal bills before the RNC gets a cut, according to a fundraising invitation obtained by The Associated Press.

The unorthodox diversion of funds to the Save America PAC makes it more likely that Republican donors could see their money go to Trump’s lawyers, who have received at least $76 million over the last two years to defend him against four felony indictments and multiple civil cases. Some Republicans are already troubled that Trump’s takeover of the RNC could shortchange the cash-strapped party.
Ari (03-23-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-23-2024), slimshady2357 (03-24-2024), Sock Puppet (03-25-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 07:18 PM

I think current Republican fundraising is reflecting the lowered willingness to see campaign donations going straight to Trump's legal funds.

Quote:
Trump’s campaign and his Save America political action committee, two key committees in his political operation, reported raising a combined $15.9 million in February and ended the month with more than $37 million on hand, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission Wednesday night.
[...]
Biden’s campaign, meanwhile, said his political operation raised $53 million last month and ended February with $155 million on hand. That includes Biden’s joint fundraising with the Democratic National Committee. [...]
His main campaign account raised $21 million in February, according to its latest filing with the FEC, and ended the month with $71 million on hand.
This may change as the election gets nearer. I plan to donate some amount of money to Democratic efforts in a little while.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (03-25-2024), LarsMac (03-24-2024), slimshady2357 (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 06:18 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

So, we may be seeing some clarity in the Supreme Court's thinking on the Jan 6 "Insurrection" thing.

SC denied the Colorado attempt at banning T rump from running in a state Primary election.
Now, they have decided that a participant in the Insurrection of Jan 6 is disqualified from holding office.

So, to run for election to an office is one thing, but to hold the office is another.
This actually is probably more about the conviction thing.

Supreme Court Upholds Historic Ban For January 6 Participant

Mr Griffin has been convicted of participating in insurrection.
Mr Trump, not so much.

So, until The Donald actually has been convicted of a crime, he is "electable"

In other news:
DWAC Shares Tumble Following Trump Media Merger Vote Amid Legal and Financial Turbulence

Maybe the market will NOT be jumping on that Bandwagon so quickly.
Ari (03-24-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-24-2024)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law