Go Back   Freethought Forum > Public Works > Forum Administration

Old 12-07-2022, 03:11 PM
Forum gadfly

Default Are the Admins and/or Mods here racists?

They keep hiding any topic about how Africans (not South Africa) have not died from Covid.

The defense is "hiding a topic is not censorship", but I don't buy it. I think there is some racism here. The following does not show up unless you are a registered member here, and will never show up in a search engine.

What are you afraid of? I know you are white males, so try to check your white privilege and stop hiding the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
Hmm, I couldn’t find it in the Covid thread, but I did find my post about Africa from the good news thread Coronavirus positive ... news - Page 2 - Freethought Forum.

This was in May of 2020, and there wasn’t much coverage of Africa at that time (probably because experts weren’t sure what to make of it at first). So my first brush was in a positive light.

But by July of 2020, scientists published an article in Nature talking about the Africa Paradox which means they were working on it for weeks and months before that.

Covid-19 Pandemic: the Africa Paradox

I remember reading it and posting about it, maybe it was on one of the coronavirus subs that I frequented during the pandemic, but I didn’t post about it here.

Lots of people arguing that Covid wasn’t that serious and that very few would die from it would bring up the Africa paradox to argue that Covid had a tiny IFR (or they seized on the hypothesis that there was previous corona exposure so we would hit herd immunity threshold earlier than models expected)

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Also note that scientists have been concerned and talking about the Africa paradox since death and case data started coming in from Africa. No one is hiding or lying or covering this up.
It’s funny that I used phrasing from the name from the paper to describe the situation. The African paradox stuck in my head. This is a lesson for all scientists: snappy titles help.

:tmgrin:

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 12-07-2022, 05:38 PM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Default Re: Are the Admins and/or Mods here racists?

No.
beyelzu (12-07-2022), Crumb (12-07-2022), Gonzo (12-12-2022), JoeP (12-07-2022), LarsMac (09-05-2023), Sock Puppet (12-07-2022), Stephen Maturin (12-07-2022), Stormlight (12-08-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 06:36 PM
Solipsist

That's just your opinion mick. I have evidence all the admins here are massively anti-white racists, anti-Christian bigots and pro-vaccine fanatics.

I also observe that f(x) loves us and follows us around.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Ari (12-07-2022), beyelzu (12-07-2022), Ensign Steve (12-07-2022), Gonzo (12-12-2022), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-07-2022), LarsMac (12-07-2022), mickthinks (12-07-2022), Qingdai (12-13-2022), Sock Puppet (12-07-2022), Stephen Maturin (12-08-2022), Stormlight (12-08-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 06:37 PM
Solipsist

Oh, and ... thread moved.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 12-07-2022, 08:03 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

:adminpwr:
beyelzu (12-07-2022), JoeP (12-07-2022), LarsMac (12-07-2022), Stephen Maturin (12-08-2022), Stormlight (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 12:18 AM
High tech redneck

Africa handled COVID better than the rest of the world because they had already been through Ebola. They were already familiar with masks, social distancing, and hand washing... the things so many Americans scoffed at. That's right, they acted smarter than us.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (12-08-2022), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-08-2022), LarsMac (12-08-2022), ShottleBop (12-10-2022), Sock Puppet (12-08-2022), Stormlight (12-08-2022), Zehava (12-08-2022)
Old 12-10-2022, 08:52 PM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Double-posted.

Last edited by ShottleBop; 12-10-2022 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Double-posted
Old 12-10-2022, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post
They keep hiding any topic about how Africans (not South Africa) have not died from Covid.

The defense is "hiding a topic is not censorship", but I don't buy it. I think there is some racism here. The following does not show up unless you are a registered member here, and will never show up in a search engine.

What are you afraid of? I know you are white males, so try to check your white privilege and stop hiding the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
Hmm, I couldn’t find it in the Covid thread, but I did find my post about Africa from the good news thread Coronavirus positive ... news - Page 2 - Freethought Forum.

This was in May of 2020, and there wasn’t much coverage of Africa at that time (probably because experts weren’t sure what to make of it at first). So my first brush was in a positive light.

But by July of 2020, scientists published an article in Nature talking about the Africa Paradox which means they were working on it for weeks and months before that.

Covid-19 Pandemic: the Africa Paradox

I remember reading it and posting about it, maybe it was on one of the coronavirus subs that I frequented during the pandemic, but I didn’t post about it here.

Lots of people arguing that Covid wasn’t that serious and that very few would die from it would bring up the Africa paradox to argue that Covid had a tiny IFR (or they seized on the hypothesis that there was previous corona exposure so we would hit herd immunity threshold earlier than models expected)

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Also note that scientists have been concerned and talking about the Africa paradox since death and case data started coming in from Africa. No one is hiding or lying or covering this up.
It’s funny that I used phrasing from the name from the paper to describe the situation. The African paradox stuck in my head. This is a lesson for all scientists: snappy titles help.

:tmgrin:
And you're a troll (but only a half-assed one).
Old 12-10-2022, 08:53 PM

[Double-posted]
Old 09-05-2023, 05:32 PM
here to bore you with pictures

I see -FX- has a new troll post, I haven't read it, but the title is very similar to another old troll post that was moved into The Cloaca. Should that get moved to the Cloaca and possibly merged with that thread?
Thanks, from:
JoeP (09-05-2023), LarsMac (09-05-2023)

Freethought Forum > Public Works > Forum Administration