Old 01-31-2017, 04:07 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
And still she can't see it!

Honestly, if ChuckF sits down and provides a detailed explanation of what he's doing, does anyone think that peacegirl would even be capable of understanding what's going on?

By all the evidence gathered so far, the answer is apparently: "no."
Of course I see it. He has mutilated the meaning of the text. He has absolutely no idea what Lessans was conveying. Did you read his summary? Do you think his summary actually reflects what the book is about?

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-01-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:10 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Wrong. Try again. And this time, think about your answer.

Here's a hint: What is it about Chuck's posting style that you find so irritating?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), ChuckF (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), thedoc (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 04:16 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
And still she can't see it!

Honestly, if ChuckF sits down and provides a detailed explanation of what he's doing, does anyone think that peacegirl would even be capable of understanding what's going on?

By all the evidence gathered so far, the answer is apparently: "no."
Of course I see it. He has mutulated the meaning of the text. He has absolutely no idea what Lessans was saying and why. Did you read his summary? He's insane!
peacegirl, I think the people can judge for themselves my exegesis of the Authentic Text. In any event, I am compelled of my own free will to be the mathematical and undeniable True Steward of the Authentic Text. The observant lurkers, in their millions, may observe the successful reception of the Authentic Text when I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, permit the Authentic Text to speak for itself, liberated of poisonous Corruption; they may compare this success to the incoherent floundering evinced by the Corrupted Text.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), thedoc (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus
No, in your book the narrator says that he observed something. In other words, he claimed conscience works a certain way. And then promised "undeniable evidence", which never appears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegirl
Because it cannot be proven using the scientific method, which is what you're looking for.
The evidence that was promised was never provided because it cannot be proven scientifically? In a book that goes on and on about how what it says is scientific, which it confuses with self-evident?

:lol:

Good one!

But I am glad you agree there is no evidence.

Quote:
But it can be proven by simulating the conditions of the new world.
You assume.

Quote:
You can also observe the excuses people conjure up to justify their actions. The justifications are not always obvious but if you dig deeper into a person'a psyche they are always there.
You can also observe that when bad things occur, somewhere some blue light is involved! So does that count as evidence for my Astute Observation? :lol:

Quote:
It's quite different because there's no correlation whatsoever between the color blue and bad thoughts that can be observed.
That is just because you are not observing astutely enough. There is always some blue light around at some stage. We could prove it, by simulating an environment with as little blue light as possible. Also, you can observe that when bad things happen, some blue color was at some stage involved. It has never been disproven that it has no effect.

Quote:
Moreover there is no way to prove that blue causes bad thoughts in any kind of environment. That's not true with this claim.
Not at all - we can simulate the conditions in a minimal blue environment. I mean I am just claiming that based on absolutely no knowledge, but then again so were you when you claimed this could be proven in some weird social experiment! :lol:
In order to move forward you need to read with an open mind instead of assuming he is wrong, otherwise no progress can be made. Treat it as a theory if you must, but don't throw the whole thing out by insisting he has no scientific proof. That's putting the cart before the horse and not what good researchers do. Assuming he is wrong at the starting gate will preclude any serious study on your part and will prevent you from giving this work the respect it deserves, as is only fair. To repeat: just because he didn't start off with a hypothesis that can be tested by data collection (the scientific method) is to assume there is only one way genuine knowledge is acquired. Epistemology tells us there are other ways which you are refusing to consider. There will be people who will not do this. I just have to connect with them. They will give him the benefit of the doubt before jumping to conclusions. This is a prerequisite to furthering their understanding of this book.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 01-31-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:21 PM

If only you would assume that the color blue causes bad thoughts, you'd see that it is true.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), thedoc (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 04:26 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
you need to assume he is right

In order to see that blue causes evil, you need to assume I am right about it. It is the only way to move forward. If you automatically assume it is wrong, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. I gave my observations, which are spot on. Why will you not even entertain the idea that it is correct, when it could solve all of our problems and save millions of lives?

You are probably doing it because it threatens your worldview or something. You are not open minded enough. You won't even entertain the thought and just dismiss it before it has even been tested! Call that scientific?

It has never been disproven. And it could easily be proven: all we need to do is simulate an environment with a minimal amount of blue in it. This could be done by people who give my idea the benefit of the doubt, and they could determine if this principle is valid.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), But (01-31-2017), ChuckF (01-31-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), thedoc (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 05:01 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Quote:

In order to see that blue causes evil, you need to assume I am right about it. It is the only way to move forward. If you automatically assume it is wrong, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. I gave my observations, which are spot on. Why will you not even entertain the idea that it is correct, when it could solve all of our problems and save millions of lives?
She's RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE. :sad:

Quote:
You are probably doing it because it threatens your worldview or something. You are not open minded enough. You won't even entertain the thought and just dismiss it before it has even been tested! Call that scientific?
She also resents you for threatening her comfy cozy worldview. :yup:

Quote:
It has never been disproven. And it could easily be proven: all we need to do is simulate an environment with a minimal amount of blue in it. This could be done by people who give my idea the benefit of the doubt, and they could determine if this principle is valid.
In addition, you are an honest and humble man. If you had erred in any way, you'd admit it. Since you haven't made any such admission, it necessary follows that your explanation is correct, and presented in a manner that brooks no opposition.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), But (01-31-2017), ChuckF (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), thedoc (01-31-2017), Vivisectus (02-01-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:

You can do that Vivisectus but observation tells us nothing about the color blue and bad thoughts. It can be observed that conscience demands a justification to hurt others, even if the justification isn't readily obvious. Being hurt in childhood is often all it takes to become a killer. Remove the hurt and you remove the justification.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:11 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

What adverse childhood event makes one a thieving layabout, I wonder. :chin:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), ChuckF (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), thedoc (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 05:13 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
What adverse childhood event makes one a thieving layabout, I wonder. :chin:
Frustrated non-comprehension of the Authentic Text, I suspect.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), Pan Narrans (01-31-2017), Spacemonkey (01-31-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), thedoc (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:

Here's a hint: What is it about Chuck's posting style that you find so irritating?
Everything. The way he repeats himself which is a psychological game. The way he repeats my name, which is a form of disrespect. And what he says is even worse. It's an effort to diminish the meaning and purpose of this book. I've tried to correct him to no avail. If he listened, he would have to give up the fun he's having at my expense.

Last edited by peacegirl; 02-01-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Everything. The way he repeats himself which is a psychological game. The way he repeats my name, which is a form of disrespect. And what he says are all in an effort to diminish the meaning and purpose of this book. It's as low as you can go.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Does his posting style remind you of anyone?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), thedoc (01-31-2017), Vivisectus (02-01-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 06:01 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
You've got to be kidding, Peacegirl isn't even aware that she has a posting style, let alone being able to recognize that someone else is mocking her by using that same style.
Angakuk (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 06:03 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
The way he repeats my name, which is a form of disrespect.
So now all the disrespect you have shown everyone else on this forum is coming back to you.
Angakuk (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 06:05 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
I've tried to correct him to no avail.
peacegirl, I think the Authentic Text has endured quite enough of your Corruptions for too long! All of your "corrections" and deletions and mutilations that make up your $41.00 Corrupted Text are a hurt to the Authentic Text, and indeed lie at the very root of the problem. This, peacegirl, is why the Authentic Text has for so long cried out for a True Steward, and at last I have arrived!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), thedoc (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 06:08 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

ChuckF :rarrow: :squeezle: :larrow: A world in need

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), ChuckF (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), thedoc (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 06:12 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

But seriously, peacegirl, if coming face to face with the undeniable mathematical reality that I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text is so distressing for you, why don't you just ignore me? You sure have talked a lot about doing that, but you never have, peacegirl. Why not?

While it obviously would not alter the fundamental mathematical reality that I am compelled of my own free will to be the True Steward of the Authentic Text, for now and for all time, this approach would at least spare you the apparent upset of learning the true and actual nature of the Authentic Text that you have so long rejected.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), thedoc (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Everything. The way he repeats himself which is a psychological game. The way he repeats my name, which is a form of disrespect. And what he says are all in an effort to diminish the meaning and purpose of this book. It's as low as you can go.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No Lone Ranger. I do not use intimidation and mockery. He lies through his teeth. You may think I may lie too, and that's too bad.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:19 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
In order to move forward you need to read with an open mind instead of assuming he is wrong, otherwise no progress can be made. Treat it as a theory if you must, but don't throw the whole thing out by insisting he has no scientific proof. That's putting the cart before the horse and not what good researchers do. Assuming he is wrong at the starting gate will preclude any serious study on your part and will prevent you from giving this work the respect it deserves, as is only fair. To repeat: just because he didn't start off with a hypothesis that can be tested by data collection (the scientific method) is to assume there is only one way genuine knowledge is acquired. Epistemology tells us there are other ways which you are refusing to consider. There will be people who will not do this. I just have to connect with them. They will give him the benefit of the doubt before jumping to conclusions. This is a prerequisite to furthering their understanding of this book.
It is illogical to assume that anyone started out with the idea that Lessans was wrong, without reading the book there is no way of knowing, therefore your accusation that people were assuming that Lessans was wrong before reading the book, was itself wrong. People didn't start to know that Lessans (as depicted in the corrupted text) was wrong till well after they had bee introduced to the corrupted text. Lessans (in the corrupted text) provided no record of the observations, nor did he present any hypothesis for anyone to verify and prove or disprove. Lessans just made a lot of unsustainable claims and assumes that everyone would just accept them on his word, science doesn't work that way. Lessans book (in the corrupted form as hawked by Peacegirl) is neither scientific, mathematical, or undeniable, it is simply wrong.
Angakuk (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 06:21 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Too late, and it is unrealistic to even imagine that Peacegirl can think.
Angakuk (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 06:27 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I do not use intimidation and mockery.
So she is still reading my posts, but she just doesn't have the courage or knowledge to answer them.
Angakuk (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 07:42 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
It's an effort to diminish the meaning and purpose of this book.
peacegirl, despite your seething resentments and fundamentally dishonest nature, you've accidentally told the truth here. ChuckF has indeed made an effort to diminish the book. Of course, "this book" refers to your Corrupted Text, which is a complete fraud and bears virtually no resemblance to the Authentic Text written and published during the author's lifetime.

As the mathematically, scientifically and undeniably proven True Steward of Seymour Lessans' intellectual legacy, Chuck is compelled of his own free will, so to speak, to expose the false and fraudulent nature of your Corrupted Text (which you peddle online at $41.00 a pop :faint:) and uplift the Authentic Text through accurate exegesis and sharing it (free of charge) with a world in need.

#CorruptedTextIsCorrupt
#AuthenticTextIsAuthentic
#TrueStewardship
#ripAdolf
#peacegirlResentsSeymourLessans
#MentalFog

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), ChuckF (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
No Lone Ranger. I do not use intimidation and mockery. He lies through his teeth. You may think I may lie too, and that's too bad.
Oh, for corn's sake! I don't want to step on Chuck's toes and spell it out; if he chooses to do so, more power to him.

What's so utterly hilarious (and a little frightening) is how very good Chuck is at what he's doing, and how utterly clueless peacegirl is regarding what he's doing. I mean, the Ape Creatures of the Indus would have figured it out by now, but peacegirl still can't see it -- somehow.

And as an aside, of course you lie. You do so frequently and shamelessly. Heck, you've even admitted that you do so, on occasion, and that you don't feel any guilt about doing so.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), ChuckF (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017), Vivisectus (02-01-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 08:00 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
What's so utterly hilarious (and a little frightening) is how very good Chuck is at what he's doing
:shyblush: Oh, you flatter!

It's not so difficult, really. It's really just a matter of language. After you cut away all of the nonsense babble fat, the whole thing turns out to be a pile of silly clichés and vapid platitudes that are quite straightforward to repurpose. There are a few clunky attempts at turns of phrase; you can see which were most satisfying by the frequency of their repetition. The entire cant could probably fit on one side of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-31-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 08:30 PM
Porn papers, surrealistic artifacts, kitchen smells, defecated food and sprayed perfume cocktail.

Peacegirl, dear, in order to move forward you need to read ChuckF (and the authentic text) with an open mind instead of assuming that Chuck and your father are wrong, otherwise no progress can be made. Treat it as a theory if you must, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water by insisting Chuck has no scientific proof. That's putting the cart before the horse and not what good researchers do. Assuming he is wrong at the starting gate will preclude any serious study on your part and will prevent you from giving this work the respect it deserves, as is only fair. To repeat: just because ChuckF and Seymour Lessans didn't start off with a hypothesis that can be tested by data collection (the scientific method) is to assume there is only one way genuine knowledge is acquired. Epistemology tells us there are other ways which you are refusing to consider. Remember, dear, that the proof is in the pudding. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him think. It’s always darkest before the dawn. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. Dead men tell no tales. All that glitters is not gold. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Angakuk (01-31-2017), ChuckF (01-31-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-31-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-31-2017), The Man (02-01-2017)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy