#51551  
Old 04-15-2018, 06:24 PM
davidm's Avatar
davidm davidm is offline
Condemned to wander the corridors of a drivel maze
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: VMMMDCCCLXIX
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Delete, garbled post.
Reply With Quote
  #51552  
Old 04-15-2018, 06:25 PM
davidm's Avatar
davidm davidm is offline
Condemned to wander the corridors of a drivel maze
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: VMMMDCCCLXIX
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Slattery would not say that because this is not what it is.
Then show it to him and see what he says!

:lol:

You won't.
Reply With Quote
  #51553  
Old 04-15-2018, 06:28 PM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVDLXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Again, the dogs don't get rewards based on what pictures they choose. Try again.
I would like to see the experiment replicated many times. Let's see then if the statistical significance stays at 80%.
Every one of those experiments is repeated many times and all are statistically significant. And the way you phrase it, you obviously still don't understand what statistical significance is.
Reply With Quote
  #51554  
Old 04-15-2018, 06:31 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
It looks like peacegirl is going to be booked for insubordination, will have to go to her corner. and go back to basic training!

peacegirl, your first assignment is to re-read Chapter 3 of the Authentic Text. Since you don't actually possess the Authentic Text, I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, invite you to read it here.

Your second assignment is to read the story of Harry and Becky and Mary, when Harry is fucking Mary in the ass.

If you still need help understanding the Butt Stuff Injunction, you can read this basic explication of the Butt Stuff Injunction. More advanced materials are available in the private forums.

peacegirl I am confident that you are capable of understanding this important lesson of the Authentic Text, if you are willing to stop hawking your Corrupted Text for lucre long enough to read it. As the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I extend to you an invitation to join us in interpreting the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime.
I did read it. I grew up with it. As for your invitation to your ridiculous sub-forum of which you are not the true steward, my answer is no thanks. I'd rather eat dirt. :sadcheer:
:shrug: Ok. I thought I would at least ask if you have any interest in discussing the actual words that the Author wrote and published in his lifetime, instead of the stuff that you just made up. I guess you don't. You have that right of way, peacegirl. That is your business, not mine.

But I am not surprised.
I know it's my business, not yours. And it's good you're not surprised. I did not make stuff up Chuck. I have answered your questions based on all of his books, but you don't care to listen. If he was satisfied with the book he wrote in 1965, he wouldn't have written 6 more. All of them have something to offer, but you can't get a full understanding pulling isolated excerpts out of context. If that's what you want to do, go for it, but I can't waste my time on that nonsense.
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (04-15-2018)
  #51555  
Old 04-15-2018, 06:33 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
If he was satisfied with the book he wrote in 1965, he wouldn't have written 6 more.
peacegirl, this book wasn't written in 1965. If you owned it, you would know that. This is just more evidence that you don't even possess the Authentic Text as you claim.
Quote:
If that's what you want to do, go for it, but I can't waste my time on that nonsense.
Yes, peacegirl. I know that you are extremely busy with many important things.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
But (04-15-2018), Stephen Maturin (04-16-2018)
  #51556  
Old 04-15-2018, 06:34 PM
davidm's Avatar
davidm davidm is offline
Condemned to wander the corridors of a drivel maze
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: VMMMDCCCLXIX
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Determinism states that we have no control, and that our choices are decided for us before we even make them, which implies that we can't change our destiny which has already been written in stone.
Determinism does not say this.

Quote:
A person is free (you can use the term "free" if it's qualified) in that sense because nothing (not even an antecedent event) can make a person do what he makes up his mind not to do.
What makes a person do what he wants to do? Antecedent events! What makes a person make up his mind not to do something? Antecedent events!

Lessans was a compatibilist, which means he discovered nothing at all. Compatibilism has been around forever.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (04-15-2018)
  #51557  
Old 04-15-2018, 06:39 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Again, the dogs don't get rewards based on what pictures they choose. Try again.
I would like to see the experiment replicated many times. Let's see then if the statistical significance stays at 80%.
Every one of those experiments is repeated many times and all are statistically significant. And the way you phrase it, you obviously still don't understand what statistical significance is.
You can believe what you want to believe. I don't think these experiments are adequate. Where are the experiments that show what's happening on video? They may provide some idea of what a dog sees, but I don't think they have proven that dogs can identify human subjects from sight alone. There are other ways to figure this out that are more accurate, but you don't want to accept that because you think these experiments are the Gold Standard. I don't.

The video below of the dog recognizing his owner through smell (not sight) doesn't count, right? No observation matches the accuracy of an experiment, right? That's why you would spit in a mother's face when she is crying and telling you her baby regressed in his vocabulary, eye contact, and general disposition right after he got vaccinated and developed high fever. Sorry, but observation may hold more weight than an experiment, in certain cases.

After Two Years Of Being Stuck In A Shelter, This Dog Finally Caught The Scent Of Someone Familiar - YouTube
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51558  
Old 04-15-2018, 06:41 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Determinism states that we have no control, and that our choices are decided for us before we even make them, which implies that we can't change our destiny which has already been written in stone.
Determinism does not say this.

Quote:
A person is free (you can use the term "free" if it's qualified) in that sense because nothing (not even an antecedent event) can make a person do what he makes up his mind not to do.
What makes a person do what he wants to do? Antecedent events! What makes a person make up his mind not to do something? Antecedent events!

Lessans was a compatibilist, which means he discovered nothing at all. Compatibilism has been around forever.
I'm not going to argue over semantics David. If it makes you comfortable thinking that Lessans made no discovery, that's fine with me. More importantly is bringing this knowledge to light because it hasn't, and it's important.
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51559  
Old 04-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Florence Jellem's Avatar
Florence Jellem Florence Jellem is offline
Mayor of Mayonnaise
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: CDLXX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
... maybe peacegirl could land herself a mighty Lessantonian ubermensch like Harry.
It has occurred to Flo that several specimens of Lessans’ priapic imagination are Randian, veritable Howard Roarks and Hank Reardens of Eros.

Take the guy whose penis is a phallic symbol, described in another delightful passage that peacegirl, tone-deaf and ham-handed as always, ruthlessly extirpated. Here is the philosophically provocative concept of the ur-penis, the penis that exemplifies yet transcends all other mundane penises. Call this panenpenisism, deriving from panentheism.

Then, of course, there is Harry, jumping effortlessly from vagina to anus and then back to vagina again. Neither Becky nor Mary nor anyone else ever thinks to tell him, “Fuck off, Harry, you’re full of shit! And if you touch me again I’ll kick you in the goddamned balls! Now GTFO!” Becky never tells Harry, “You think I’m too fat? Fuck off, asshat, and from now on you can cook your own goddamned dinner!” No no no, these scenarios can never unfold, because Harry is the Overman, and everyone is living in the Golden Age. Really, this is practically Nietzschean.
__________________
:sammich: :sammich: :sammich:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (04-15-2018), Stephen Maturin (04-15-2018)
  #51560  
Old 04-15-2018, 07:05 PM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVDLXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
The video below of the dog recognizing his owner through smell (not sight) doesn't count, right? No observation matches the accuracy of an experiment, right? That's why you would spit in a mother's face when she is crying and telling you her baby regressed in his vocabulary, eye contact, and general disposition right after he got vaccinated and developed high fever. Sorry, but observation may hold more weight than an experiment, in certain cases.

After Two Years Of Being Stuck In A Shelter, This Dog Finally Caught The Scent Of Someone Familiar - YouTube
Great, but that has nothing to do with the question whether dogs can recognize faces. Again, what is wrong with all those experiments? You just keep saying they are unreliable. Why?
Reply With Quote
  #51561  
Old 04-15-2018, 07:10 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
The video below of the dog recognizing his owner through smell (not sight) doesn't count, right? No observation matches the accuracy of an experiment, right? That's why you would spit in a mother's face when she is crying and telling you her baby regressed in his vocabulary, eye contact, and general disposition right after he got vaccinated and developed high fever. Sorry, but observation may hold more weight than an experiment, in certain cases.

After Two Years Of Being Stuck In A Shelter, This Dog Finally Caught The Scent Of Someone Familiar - YouTube
Great, but that has nothing to do with the question whether dogs can recognize faces. Again, what is wrong with all those experiments? You just keep saying they are unreliable. Why?
Oh really? Don't you think that the dog should recognize his master when he sees him less than 10 feet away? The dog did not react yet when he caught a whiff of his master's smell, he went wild with excitement. Why do you think this video has nothing to do with the question of whether dogs can recognize faces?
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51562  
Old 04-15-2018, 07:23 PM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVDLXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Why should the dog recognize him immediately after two years? Also, this is as far from a controlled experiment as you can get and this is only one dog.

Face it, you're wrong and your Dad was wrong. That's science for you.

Reply With Quote
  #51563  
Old 04-15-2018, 07:40 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence Jellem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
... maybe peacegirl could land herself a mighty Lessantonian ubermensch like Harry.
It has occurred to Flo that several specimens of Lessans’ priapic imagination are Randian, veritable Howard Roarks and Hank Reardens of Eros.

Take the guy whose penis is a phallic symbol, described in another delightful passage that peacegirl, tone-deaf and ham-handed as always, ruthlessly extirpated. Here is the philosophically provocative concept of the ur-penis, the penis that exemplifies yet transcends all other mundane penises. Call this panenpenisism, deriving from panentheism.

Then, of course, there is Harry, jumping effortlessly from vagina to anus and then back to vagina again. Neither Becky nor Mary nor anyone else ever thinks to tell him, “Fuck off, Harry, you’re full of shit! And if you touch me again I’ll kick you in the goddamned balls! Now GTFO!” Becky never tells Harry, “You think I’m too fat? Fuck off, asshat, and from now on you can cook your own goddamned dinner!” No no no, these scenarios can never unfold, because Harry is the Overman, and everyone is living in the Golden Age. Really, this is practically Nietzschean.
Very astute observation! I think the notion of ein nietzscheanischer Lessans is a fertile area for analytical inquiry, both philosophical and textual, cf. Jenseits von Gut und Böse [Beyond Good and Evil] (1886).

Quote:
Allmählich hat sich mir herausgestellt, was jede grosse Philosophie bisher war: nämlich das Selbstbekenntnis ihres Urhebers und eine Art ungewollter und unvermerkter mémoires; insgleichen, dass die moralischen (oder unmoralischen) Absichten in jeder Philosophie den eigentlichen Lebenskeim ausmachten, aus dem jedesmal die ganze Pflanze gewachsen ist.
"Gradually it has become clear to me what every great philosophy has been: namely, the personal confession of its author and a kind of involuntary an unconscious memoir; also that the moral (or immoral) intentions in every philosophy constituted the real germ of life from which the whole plant has grown." (trans. Kauffman, 1966)
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (04-15-2018), Vivisectus (04-16-2018)
  #51564  
Old 04-15-2018, 07:43 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Why should the dog recognize him immediately after two years? Also, this is as far from a controlled experiment as you can get and this is only one dog.

Face it, you're wrong and your Dad was wrong. That's science for you.

Dogs Can Differentiate Between Happy and Angry Human Faces - YouTube
That's it? That's your proof? :doh:
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51565  
Old 04-15-2018, 07:45 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: A revolution in thought

duplicate
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51566  
Old 04-15-2018, 08:13 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
You know, multiple people of good faith pointed out to peacegirl multiple times in this thread that her no-little-ones-present proviso violated the Thou Shalt Not Blame Corollary. After all, what is the act of sending the little ones out of the room before bending the old lady over the dining room table and plowing her up the beloved genitalia and/or bunghole (is the bunghole a "sexual organ" according to the Authentic Text? :chin:) if not blaming the young 'uns for wanting to watch? That very topic was the subject of a Lessons from Lessans installment preserved here.

Now, thanks entirely to ChuckF and his mathematical, scientific and undeniable True Stewardship of the Authentic Text written and published by Seymour Lessans during his lifetime, we know that peacegirl's no-little-ones-present proviso is just more of her fraudulent, made-up bullshit that bears exactly zero resemblance to the author's real work. I cannot say why peacegirl's path of greater satisfaction involves making up fraudulent nonsense from whole cloth and presenting said fraudulent nonsense as the work of Seymour Lessans, but make no mistake - that is in fact peacegirl's path of greater satisfaction. :yup:
First of all, children are dealt with differently because they are not old enough to know what could hurt them. I put that line in because you tried to make the book look filthy. I took it out because parents already know that little ones don't belong in their bedroom or anywhere else where sex is concerned. Why? Because they are not married to their parents. A young child is not a sexual object to be used for someone else's benefit. It not only would be confusing to a younger child who may think daddy is hurting mommy, but an older child could be aroused, which would be completely inappropriate. This could cause serious harm to a child's psyche. Most parents want to protect their children, and having children in the room when they're having sex would be hurting the child emotionally, which no parent would want to do. But we know that already. :popcorn:
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51567  
Old 04-15-2018, 08:18 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
peacegirl's piggish, savage brutalization of the Authentic Text is beginning to feel like a gang rape. :sadcheer:
Nope, it's your piggish, savage brutalization of the Authentic Text that makes me feel that way. And I still do.
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51568  
Old 04-15-2018, 08:24 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Friends, be not deceived by peacegirl. While she thinks my "A Revolution in Thought" thread is just another place for her to hawk her Corrupted Text for lucre, we know better! My "A Revolution in Thought" thread is where I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, advocate for the Authentic Text as written by the Author in his lifetime to light. My advocacy necessarily includes rejection of peacegirl's Corrupted Text, because it is Corrupt and fraudulent.

And friends, when peacegirl begins to whine about how we point out that she's just trying to hawk her Corrupted Text for lucre, keep something important in mind.

Some 17 months ago, I asked peacegirl why her Corrupted Text is listed for $41.00, when she said that her cost was only $12.00. After first claiming that I was wrong - and that it was only listed for $29.95 - I was right, of course - she offered the following excuse:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
FYI, I also found out why Amazon still charges $41.00. They are using an old ISBN number based an old POD publisher. Once that book is sold they will be connected to my new distributor, which will have a new ISBN # and the book will only be $24.95.
I simply mean that your Corrupted Text is corrupt insofar as it is replete with Corruptions and defiles the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime, and must therefore be rejected. Nothing more.

But :cheer: on the price drop, if that old unsold inventory ever moves. Odd, keeping the price artificially high isn't typically how one moves unsold inventory, but Amazon knows best.
They have one book from the old distributor in stock. They want to sell it and get their money back. That makes sense. It's not artificially high. That was the price my old distributor set based on their formula.
That, friends, was 17 months ago. Go check Amazon.com right now, and see how much peacegirl's Corrupted Text is listed for. You will not be surprised:



peacegirl, why hasn't the price of your book gone down almost a year and a half after you said it would? Is it because you still crave lucre more than you care about the intellectual legacy of the Author?

Friends, I hope it is clear to you why the Authentic Text so cried out for a True Steward to defend it from peacegirl's vile depredations, unafraid of her hateful and blameful nature - I am honored to answer the call and be that True Steward.
I can't get it changed. That book was published by Trafford and it's their ISBN #. It has to be sold for that price. I have no authority to change it.
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (04-15-2018)
  #51569  
Old 04-15-2018, 08:41 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
The full text of Seymour Lessans' federal district court complaint against President Carter is available here.

The opinion of Judge Eva Braun of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit is available here.
I wonder how you would interpret Lessans' efforts after his discovery is recognized. What would you say then? I guarantee that you would wipe the smirk off your face. Lessans did this as a last ditch effort. You have no idea what he went through but you love to pass judgment. Again, his belief that this knowledge would be brought to light quickly is what gave him the conviction that this new world could become a reality by 1980. Here is what he wrote:

I would like to end this book sharing with the reader the
desperation I felt when I could not get the universities to listen. I
decided to write a letter to President Nixon. When I did not get a
response, I knew it would be much more difficult to bring this
knowledge to light than I ever imagined. I am hoping that when
I am no longer here, those who understand these principles will
continue to carry the ball.

Dear President Nixon,

Because the news I am about to convey is so unbelievable, I
have been trying to figure out a way of presenting it so as to
arouse the least amount of skepticism, but there isn’t any way.
Since time immemorial there has always been this skepticism
before certain events were proven true. Nobody believed the first
astronomer who predicted an eclipse, Edison when he first
discovered the electric bulb, Einstein when he revealed the
potential of atomic energy, or the space scientist who foretold that
one day man would land on the moon. But how many times in
the course of history has the impossible, that which appeared to
be, been made possible. The reason I found it necessary to
introduce myself in this manner is simply because my next
statement is going to arouse your skepticism to the nth degree
and I wish to prevent, as much as possible, your jumping to
conclusions. Now what would your reaction be if I told you that
due to a scientific discovery in the field of psychology, man’s
nature, the same nature that allowed Hitler to slaughter six
million Jews, that permits the most heinous crimes and all the
other evils of human relation is going to veer so sharply in a
different direction that all the nations on this planet, once the
leaders and their subordinates understand the principles involved,
will be united between 1975 and 1980 in such a way that no
more wars will ever again be possible. Would you consider me
some kind of a nut? Does this mean you have a desire to discard
this letter? If it does, then you have done what I tried to prevent,
that is, jumped to a premature conclusion. If it doesn’t mean
this, and you would like to give me the benefit of the doubt, then
you will be given an opportunity to investigate my claims by
thoroughly analyzing the knowledge in my book, “The Decline
and Fall of All Evil,” which will be released in August. The first
chapter is enclosed. With your cooperation this virtual miracle
will occur between 1975 and 1977; without it, that is, if you
think this is some kind of a joke and do not wish to take the
necessary time to have this knowledge thoroughly analyzed, it will
take place between 1977 and 1980. But taking for granted that
you are sincerely interested in solving not only the problem of war
but your domestic problems as well, I shall expect you not
someone else to request the necessary copies for an immediate
investigation. Respectfully yours, Seymour Lessans

Since 1960 I had been trying to bring this knowledge to the
attention of the scientific community. I wrote a pamphlet titled
“The Scientific Discovery of 1961 and shortly, thereafter revised
it under the title of “Inception of the Golden Age.” Then, being
short of money I rented an IBM typewriter that allowed me to set
the type and revise it again, 348 pages under the same title. I
then revised it under the title of “View From the Mountaintop”
and again under the title of “The Decline and Fall of All Evil”,
setting the type as I had previously done. Finally, in 1976 setting
the type again, I wrote “Beyond the Framework of Modern
Thought.” (Note: Twelve years later, he wrote his final book
entitled, “This is an Urgent Message From a Visitor to Your
Planet”). This gives you some idea of what I went through in an
effort to bring this knowledge to light. The question arises, “Why
didn’t Nixon reply to this letter that was definitely received at the
White House?” I was so furious with President Nixon for not
granting me an audience that I decided to run against him but
realized quickly the futility of this. It is important to understand
that my prediction of 25 years or that this great change would
take place in the 20 century was based upon my conviction that
there would be a thorough investigation and understanding of the
principles involved, but as yet it has not been. In other words, if
Gregor Mendel had predicted that his discovery about heredity
would come to light approximately 30 years after his death, he
would have been accurate, but he had no way of knowing when it
would be confirmed by science. He knew it was coming, but
could not know when. In my case, however, I was allowing 5-10
years for this knowledge to be understood by science and the
political world, taking for granted that the intellectual capacity
was available and would thoroughly investigate what could not be
denied. I still believe the intellectual capacity to understand it
exists today, but to quote Morrison again, “Now we encounter the
stubborn resistance of the human mind which is reluctant to give
up fixed ideas. The early Greeks knew the earth was a sphere but
it took 2000 years to convince men that this fact is true. New
ideas encounter opposition, ridicule and abuse, but truth survives
and is verified.” Can you see the problem with regard to my
discovery? If it took 2 thousand years to get the shape of the
earth scientifically confirmed so that all mankind would accept it,
how long do you think it will take to get the knowledge in my
book scientifically confirmed and accepted when 98% of mankind
believe that man’s will is free and when this belief hermetically
seals a door behind which is the discovery that will bring about
this Great Transition. Then On August 13, 1979 a lawsuit,
number 792103 was filed in Washington, D.C. at the United
States District Court against President Carter by me. As I look
back on my complaint it was equivalent to suing a psychiatrist for
not allowing me to show him that his profession is coming to an
end because he really doesn’t know what he is doing. Word for
word, the complaint goes as follows:

The United States Government:

Because Jimmy Carter refused to grant an audience for the
purpose of demonstrating how a scientific discovery can now
unite all nations in a harmonious agreement that will break the
vicious cycle of inflation and solve to everybody’s satisfaction the
problems that are costing the people billions of dollars in rising
prices and excessive taxes, and because this refusal violates my
rights and his oath to faithfully execute the office of President of
the United States which obviously includes doing everything in
his power to solve these problems even to the extent of allowing
someone outside the political arena to show him the answer, I,
Seymour Lessans, representing the taxpayers who want to see a
permanent solution, am taking Jimmy Carter to court as the only
alternative to prove before 12 top ranking scientists, not political
scientists, that his failure to faithfully execute his oath of office
by investigating this discovery is a crime of the greatest
magnitude and reason enough for the people who hired him and
pay his salary to remove him from office. However, such removal
is wholly unnecessary in view of the fact that no political party
has the knowledge to cope with these complex problems.
Therefore, if Mr. Carter will allow a demonstration in his office
within 60 days from the date of this complaint, there will be no
need to go to court and he will be completely amazed and pleased
with the solution even though it renders obsolete the age of
politics, an age of opinions and promises by politicians who are
voted into office only because we didn’t know what else to do.
Can you imagine Jimmy Carter’s reaction when he was notified of
this lawsuit? Because I anticipated it getting thrown out of court
I sent the complaint to various newspapers with the following
brief letter:

Gentlemen of the News Media,

It is extremely important that this knowledge, this discovery
and what it can accomplish for the benefit of all mankind be
brought to light as quickly as possible. Otherwise the political
parties that run our lives, given enough time, will plunge us into
another world war, depression, or both, only because they and
their advisors, although they mean well, really don’t know what to
do. Consequently, to forestall the possibility of the judge
assigned to this case ruling against it, and to prevent President
Carter from refusing again to grant this audience, I appeal to you
to make public this complaint so the people can force the
government to hear what I have to say. Respectfully yours.

After that our political leaders had two choices; to believe that
I was a genius or a crackpot. Did I really give them a choice? Is
it any wonder I am frustrated and exhausted? I only hope that
my three children; Linda, Janis and Marc will understand this
knowledge sufficiently so that they can perhaps bring this
knowledge to light at least in their lifetime. However, two things
are certain. Sooner or later it must come to light because God is
giving us no choice in this matter whatsoever and no matter when
this New World begins, we will be there to enjoy it. But there is
something you can do. If you will bear in mind that the end of all
war must take place just as soon as the leaders of the world
understand these principles, then you can help by writing a letter
to the President to investigate the knowledge in this book. When
he gets enough of these letters, just in case he hasn’t already
analyzed this knowledge, the investigation will take place and the
transition will get officially launched. Until that time, however,
every effort must be made to bring this knowledge to light in
whatever way possible. By spreading the word about this
discovery, there is every hope that we can herald in the Golden
Age if not in the 20 century, then the early part of the 21
century. And when it finally arrives, we will all be here to
celebrate this wonderful new world.
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51570  
Old 04-15-2018, 09:01 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I can't get it changed. That book was published by Trafford and it's their ISBN #. It has to be sold for that price. I have no authority to change it.
Thank you for clearing that up, peacegirl! So that one book that remains in stock is the same one book that was in stock in December 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Because it's not corrupted and it's a great book. FYI, I also found out why Amazon still charges $41.00. They are using an old ISBN number based an old POD publisher. Once that book is sold they will be connected to my new distributor, which will have a new ISBN # and the book will only be $24.95.
I simply mean that your Corrupted Text is corrupt insofar as it is replete with Corruptions and defiles the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime, and must therefore be rejected. Nothing more.

But :cheer: on the price drop, if that old unsold inventory ever moves. Odd, keeping the price artificially high isn't typically how one moves unsold inventory, but Amazon knows best.
They have one book from the old distributor in stock. They want to sell it and get their money back. That makes sense. It's not artificially high. That was the price my old distributor set based on their formula.
Reply With Quote
  #51571  
Old 04-15-2018, 09:21 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I put that line in because you tried to make the book look filthy.
peacegirl, why in the world do you continue to tell such obvious and transparent lies just to try to justify your Corruptions? Haven't you figured out that I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, do not let your lies pass unchallenged? How dare you try to blame :ff: for the Corruption that you yourself have sown?

peacegirl, you joined this forum to try to hawk your Corrupted Text for lucre on March 12, 2011.

It is completely obvious that you are lying when you say that you committed this vile Corruption because "[Stephen Maturin] tried to make the book look filthy." How do I know that you are lying?

Because of page 359 of your Corrupted Text, ISBN 9781553953302 (printing by Trafford, copyright notice 2005), printed years before you even joined :ff: :



peacegirl, why did you lie just now?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
But (04-15-2018), Stephen Maturin (04-15-2018)
  #51572  
Old 04-15-2018, 11:23 PM
Spacemonkey's Avatar
Spacemonkey Spacemonkey is offline
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: VMCLXXII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
peacegirl, why did you lie just now?
Because it's all she knows how to do.
__________________
video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (04-16-2018), The Man (04-16-2018)
  #51573  
Old 04-16-2018, 01:06 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCLXXVI
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I put that line in because you tried to make the book look filthy.
peacegirl, why in the world do you continue to tell such obvious and transparent lies just to try to justify your Corruptions? Haven't you figured out that I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, do not let your lies pass unchallenged? How dare you try to blame :ff: for the Corruption that you yourself have sown?

peacegirl, you joined this forum to try to hawk your Corrupted Text for lucre on March 12, 2011.

It is completely obvious that you are lying when you say that you committed this vile Corruption because "[Stephen Maturin] tried to make the book look filthy."
It's truly astonishing. How can anyone lie as often as peacegirl does, yet still be so buffoonishly inept at it?

In any event, this just serves to highlight an important collateral benefit of your True Stewardship. As long as peacegirl is here, drunk as a lord and squabbling with the denizens of :ff: about dog eyes, she's leaving the real world alone. I mean, it's hard to do any significant harm sitting around a dark room in an unlaundered muumuu with an iPhone in one hand and a quart of Jim Beam in the other.

peacegirl's record (16 years of Internet shenanigans, 0 Corrupted Text sales) ordinarily wouldn't be much cause for concern, but the U.S. gets collectively dumber and more gullible with each passing minute. If peacegirl suddenly became industrious and competent, who knows how much lucre she could collect by brutally ravaging Seymour Lessans' true intellectual legacy.

Helping keep old Janis tethered to :ff: is just another way in which you're doing the 100% non-religious God's work.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
But (04-19-2018), ChuckF (04-16-2018), The Man (04-16-2018)
  #51574  
Old 04-16-2018, 01:20 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCLXXVI
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
peacegirl's piggish, savage brutalization of the Authentic Text is beginning to feel like a gang rape. :sadcheer:
Nope, it's your piggish, savage brutalization of the Authentic Text that makes me feel that way. And I still do.
peacegirl, you have no earthly idea what a gang rape feel like, and I very much hope you never find out. Comparing the verbal ass-whupping you get here (an ass-whupping you very much enjoy, as conclusively proven by the fact that you're still coming back for more after 7 years) to gang rape is insulting and demeaning to people who have experienced that particular horror.

You should be ashamed, but people like you - i.e., people who's conscience operates at 0 or 1 out of 10 in our free will environment - simply aren't capable of feeling shame.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
But (04-16-2018), The Man (04-16-2018)
  #51575  
Old 04-16-2018, 07:28 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
peacegirl's piggish, savage brutalization of the Authentic Text is beginning to feel like a gang rape. :sadcheer:
Nope, it's your piggish, savage brutalization of the Authentic Text that makes me feel that way. And I still do.
peacegirl, you have no earthly idea what a gang rape feel like, and I very much hope you never find out. Comparing the verbal ass-whupping you get here (an ass-whupping you very much enjoy, as conclusively proven by the fact that you're still coming back for more after 7 years) to gang rape is insulting and demeaning to people who have experienced that particular horror.

You should be ashamed, but people like you - i.e., people who's conscience operates at 0 or 1 out of 10 in our free will environment - simply aren't capable of feeling shame.
I used that word to connote the unwarranted attacks on me mainly by you and a few others. You are no innocent angel. That said, I would not use that phrase again in reference to my experience here. I would not want to make light of how truly terrible a real gang rape would be. So yes, I atone for my error.

How Not to Confuse “Rape” With a Fun Slang Word
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (0 members and 10 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.27303 seconds with 14 queries