Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 12-16-2005, 04:29 AM
moonbat!

Default Re: post your 419 emails here!

My dad forwarded this to me. He has a soft spot in his heart for "arphans" and animals.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:46 AM
Subject: GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF THE LORD

> GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF THE LORD
>
> DEAREST IN CHRIST,
>
> I AM CATHERINE VICTOR, A 22 YEAR OLD GIRL, I AM AN ARPHAN.
>
> I LOST MY PARENTS THREE YEARS AGO, AND SINCE THEN I AND MY YOUNGER ONES
> HAVE BEEN SUFFERING.
>
> AFTER MY UNCLES TOOK AWAY ALL THAT MY PARENTS LEFT BEHIND INCLUDING
> HIS HOUSE AND SEND US OUT OF THE HOUSE. RIGHT NOW AM WRITING I AM HOMELESS
> TOGETHER WITH MY YOUNGER ONES DAVID, MARY AND FRANK.
>
> PLEASE IN THE NAME OF ALMIGHTY GOD HELP US OUT OF THIS CONDITION, EVEN
> WE CAN'T CONTINUE OUR EDUCATION AS A RESULT OF THIS.
>
> MAY GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU RICHELY AS RESPOND.
>
> THANK YOU.
>
> YOURS SINCERELY,
>
> CATHERINE VICTOR.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Admin

:laugh:
Old 09-20-2006, 03:12 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Nigerian government blames 419 scam victims.
Nigerian EmbassyThere would be no 419 scam if there are no greedy credulous and criminally-minded victims ready to reap where they did not sow. It is the case of people with more ambition to get rich quick than commonsense.

You know, they're kind of right, the scammers only play on the "GREED, CREDUILITY [sic]" and maybe even the "CRIMINAL INTENT" of the victims. Without a willing participant, their scam wouldn't ever work and most likely they would've stopped trying by now.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Admin

They're probably right in a lot of cases, but I suspect there are just as many cases where people are in dire straits and willing to do just about anything to get out.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Just this guy, you know?

The one I recently got was pretty boring, but since I almost never get these things, I'm posting it anyway.

rom Linda Kouassi
Email; lindakouassi044@yahoo.com

My reason of contacting you is purely based on seeking your assistance. To tell you more about me, I am 21 years old and the only child of my late parents Mr and Mrs Banny Kouassi and I am living here in Abidjan, the capital city of Cote d' Ivoire in West Africa.

I was a student at a university here studying mass communication but the sudden death of my father forced me to discontinue my studies because no one could sponsor my studies again. My mother died many years back when I was just four years old and since then I have been with my father and he took me so special.

His death was so sudden and was caused by food poisoning as the doctor said in his death certificate but we are suspecting one of my uncle who always travel with him any time he is making overseas trip as the person who planned his death, well only God knows the truth.

The issue now is that I want to move out of this country immediately to a more secure place where I will live for the rest of my life because since the death of my father, his brother's and other family relatives have all taken over all my late father's belongings including his business and houses and they don't even want to consider me because I am a girl and from their crude culture here, girls are not allowed to pocess anything from the family until they are married.

In my own case, my father was a business man who always export Cocoa to Europe and he made a lot of money from this business and own lot of properties and houses, his brothers have taken control of all these things and they can even kill me too if I should ask about them. For this reason, I don't want to be associated with them again. However, my father confided a secret to me before his death in a hospital here. He told me that he deposited a consignment in a security company here in Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire,a box of trunk containing the sum of ($8.500.000). and no one knows about this, not even the security company because he registered the content of the box as family valuables.

He also told me that he used my name (Miss Linda Kouassi) as the next of kin in depositing the trunk box containing the funds and also handed over the depository documents to me. He told me that it was because of his wealth that he was poisoned and that I should seek a trustworthy person in a country of my choice who could assist me to claim and invest this money.

Dear Belove One, this is the main reason I contacted you. I want you to help me claim this consignment/trunk box (CASH) from the security company here in Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire to your country and also help me to relocate to your country to continue my life over there.

This country is no longer safe for my continual stay because every day here I am living under the fear of those my late father's relatives. I am no longer living in my family house because they might try to kill me since they want to inherit all my late father's properties. I am now living in a guest house here and I want to move out of the country finally with this money and I need your help.

If you agree to help me, I will compensate you with 20% of the total sum and also you will manage this funds in any good investment while I will continue my studies and every income made will be shared between us.Thank you and I look forward to your positive response.

Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you so much
My Sincere regards,
Miss Linda.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:51 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I suppose, in light of my recent post, you are going to ignore the plea for help from poor Miss Linda.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Just this guy, you know?

Well, I wanted to help, but she didn't say anything about using the money for Godly purposes. How do I know she's guided by what she's learned from the Bible? I didn't want to get mixed up in a non-Christ like situation. In the end, I just couldn't risk it.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Ana Haneek Omak We Abook

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/
i see 11:11 - www.11-11.tv
Old 09-20-2006, 07:15 PM
A fellow sophisticate

http://www.419eater.com/ is the first one of these that I came across, and perhaps the best.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Just this guy, you know?

He actually got this scammer to go out and get a tattoo.

http://www.419eater.com/html/okorie.htm
Old 10-29-2006, 10:42 PM
A fellow sophisticate

OFFICE OF THE GOVERNORCENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
TINUBU SQUARE VICTORIA
ISLAND LAGOS NIGERIA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR

CONTRACT #: MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009,
Swift Code: BPH KPL PK,
A/C#: 329606=101244=169=678
FOREIGN REMITTANCE
DEPARTMENT CENTRAL BANK NIGERIA
Our Ref: CBN/IRD/CBX/021/04

IMMEDIATE CONTRACT PAYMENT NOTIFICATION
CONTRACT #: MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009

We have received a payment credit instruction from the federal
Government of Nigeria to credit your account with your full contract funds from
the Nigerian reserve account with our bank.

This is to notify you that your funds have been programmed for
immediate release into your nominated bank account but we can not transfer this
fund direct to your nominated bank account, because we are having a
little problem with International Monetary Fund (IMF) so our method of
payment is by Diplomatic Courier Service

Be inform that every arrangement regarding your cash payment through
diplomatic services has been made, note that your funds have been package
like a consignment. Note that the Diplomatic Agency has to move down to
your Country in order to deliver the Consignment to your doorstep. Note
that as soon as the Diplomats arrive in your Country they will give you
a call immediately to enable you help them to get (Yellow Tag Paper).

You have to help the diplomats to get (yellow Tag Paper) so that the
customs and immigration will not stop them in Airport, for security
reason you are advice to follow the rules and regulation of the diplomats
for easy collection of the consignment, you have to welcome the
diplomatic agent, to enable them deliver the Consignment to you immediately, be
inform that as soon as the diplomatic obtain the above name certificate
they will deliver the Consignment to your door step

This is to remind you that they has a transit to Poland and finally to
arrive at your Country as the last destination on their diplomatic
travel route this week, I want you to send your direct mobile phone and
your home address to me immediately, so that as soon as the diplomatic
arrive in State they will call you immediately to notify you. My private
E-mail: prof_char_sol@terra . com

Your Sincerely,
Prof.Charles Soludo.
I understand the difficulties you're having. Tell you what, Guv'nuh, wire me the money via Western Union and we'll talk about how you get your part of it back. Sounds fair to me.

Walter P. Dinford III
President in exile from Dingfodistan
Languishingston, Exilistaninovia

P.S. Send money via Western Union wire to my U.S. agent, Warren DeBeestmaaster, Chief Wrangler of Wildebeest Wranch in Western Oklahoma, where they're taming the gnus daily, c/o Tulsa Western Union office.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Invincible Armour-clad Superhero

:eager: Oh cool, I didn't know anyone else here was into 419 scams. I love this stuff, funny as hell.

The first anti-scam site I came across was:

http://www.scambuster419.co.uk/

This guy is really funny because he has a whole fake identity, (Gilbert Murray), fake location, and everything set up, and posts his exchanges.

He can keep these guys going for months on end, and have them waiting for him where he is supposedly about to show up with a briefcase full of money, or something like that.

When they complain that he didn't show up, he will blame them for getting the details wrong, or make up some elaborate excuse that strings them along even longer.

With his trusty assistant Janet Ailia, and business associate Ivan Tashag, the vicar of 'Gipping in the Marsh' is always out for a good business deal so he can make enough money to restore his unusually large organ. His organ is so well-known in the area that people come from far and wide to see it and play with it. Of course the only money he has to invest is the money he has collected for poor starving widows and orphans, but that doesn't seem to bother the 419 scammers.

Normally I don't laugh at this kind of double entendre, but considering how blatant it is, and the fact that English would have to be your first language to get it, it puts it in a whole new light. I love this guy.

He also has some great tips on how to do this yourself ...

To receive more scam e-mails, just set up a new fake e-mail account, then search Google for "mugu guestbook". Mugu, basically means "mark" or "sucker", and an entry of "mugu" into a site guestbook means the e-mail address entries up to that point have been harvested by a mugu-hunter, and is telling all the other scammers to back off.

They obviously don't mind stepping on each other's toes though, I did this and had an inbox full of this crap within 2 days. I had won 3 lotteries, 2 rich and dead long lost relatives, and 6 business offers to move money out of Nigeria.

Last edited by IRON MAN; 10-30-2006 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:30 PM

I received over 40 of those scams. At least 15 of those said that a person with my same surname had died along the Sagamu Expressway and left millions of dollars. Once I wrote the guy back and expressed concern over the condition of the roads there. I told him I could never visit their country because of fears for my life.

The only other time I replied, I told the guy that my account was a corporate account and had millions in it. This certainly grabbed his attention. He wrote back with details about how much money he would split with me. Over the next couple of days, I had him basically believing that I would not go through until he picked up my legal team at the airport in a tan limousine. He was complaining about my lack of trust and I told him I didn't get rich by trusting people, that he just needed to do as I say or else. Finally, I just told him that it would be easier to scam people if each potential victim didn't receive 40 emails nearly identical to each other. :doh:
Old 10-30-2006, 04:55 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I get anywhere from 2 to 10 of these things a day. Most of them are automatically shunted into my junk mail folder, but some of them are ingenious at getting through and I find 1 or 2 of them in my inbox almost every day. I've never really thought of playing along with them.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:44 PM

You should avoid replying, even to tell them to fuck off and you know it's a scam. It only confirms your address is an active one and ironically invites an increase in these kinds of e-mails.

If you want to tell them to eat shit, set up a fake e-mail address and transfer it to there, erasing references to your real address. Then send it back as if you received it at your fake account. They send so many out, they wont know the difference.

I don't get any scams in my hotmail on a regular basis, (maybe once every 6 months), whereas, my fake hotmail account gets about 3 a day. That's the difference between good and bad security practices.

I actually get my friends to forward theirs for me to deal with when I am in that kind of mood.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:57 PM
A fellow sophisticate

It's a Yahoo!Mail account. Nuff said?
Old 10-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Compensating for something...

To whom it may concern.
I am an American soldier, I am serving in the military of the 1st Armored Division in Iraq, as you know we are being attacked by insurgents everyday and car bombs.
We managed to move funds belonging to Saddam Hussein_s family. The total amount is US$7.2Million dollars in cash, mostly 100 dollar bills. We
want to move this money to you, so that you may invest it for us and keep our share for banking.We will take 60%, my partner and I. You take the other 40%. No strings
attached, just help us move it out of Iraq, Iraq is a war zone. We plan on using diplomatic courier and shipping the money out in one large silver box, using diplomatic immunity. If you are interested I will send you the full details, my job is to
find a good partner that we can trust and that will assist us. Can I trust you? When you receive this letter, kindly send me an e-mail signifying your interest including your most confidential telephone/fax numbers for quick communication also your contact details. This business is risk free. The box can be shipped out in 48hrs.
Respectfully,
Sgt. Mike powell.
Private Email: mikepower200@walla.com
Old 10-30-2006, 10:20 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Dear Senor,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Inigo Montoya. Someone killed my father. For that, they should prepare to die. When my father, Manuel Labor Montoya, died, he left me a considerable estate valued in the tens of dollars. My problem is, and I hate to burden you with it, I need a trustworthy receiving party in your country that I can trust to hold and invest my inheritance and other monies I may make while employed here as a business facility sanitation specialist. For your trouble you would receive one-third of all the monies and the earnings you make from the investments of them.

The only thing else that I would request of you is for you to forward a small monthly stipend to my poor widowed mother, Sra. Maria Francisca Adela Gloria Elena Montoya, who lives in the tiny village of La Puentes de los Rios Diablos, Jalisco, Mexico. My mother, she is blind in one eye and cannot see well out of the other. She also has severe athlete's foot, and cannot walk to the Western Union office in the neighboring town, Donnajuanaduer. So, as you can see I need the help of someone I can trust to handle these large sums of money for me. If you are interested in helping me out, please send me an email with your personal information, including a telephone number and postal address.

Inigo Montoya
Sanitation Specialist
Big Office Building
American City, USA
Old 10-30-2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod
Dear Senor,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Inigo Montoya. Someone killed my father. For that, they should prepare to die.

Please tell me you didn't just make that up. That one almost deserves responses.

NTM
Old 10-30-2006, 11:43 PM
moonbat!

I like the part about the athlete's foot. :lol:
Old 10-31-2006, 06:55 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Tanker
Quote:
Dear Senor,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Inigo Montoya. Someone killed my father. For that, they should prepare to die.

Please tell me you didn't just make that up. That one almost deserves responses.

NTM
The Princess Bride, one of the greatest movies of all time.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:14 AM

I know the movie, I wanted to be told that some 419 email actually used those lines. In homage, if you will. The concept is almost inconceivable. And yes, I think that word does mean what I think it means.

NTM
Old 10-31-2006, 08:38 AM

Quote:
The Princess Bride, one of the greatest movies of all time.
Fuck yeah. I can't help but tell the story of how I went to see a movie that was part of a double feature with that film. I can't for the life of me remember what the other one was. Laughed my tits off.

The Battle of Wits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUee1WvtQZU

But still not as funny as the six fingered man's response to Inigo's challenge.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:43 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Tanker
I know the movie, I wanted to be told that some 419 email actually used those lines. In homage, if you will. The concept is almost inconceivable. And yes, I think that word does mean what I think it means.

NTM
Ah. I don't know if that sort of thing has ever been used, but I figure some sort of slant like this might work in a reverse 419 scam, they seem to be pretty ignorant of pop culture in the western world. I'm fleshing out the concept starting with what I posted here.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:24 PM
winging it

--A first for me. Don't most of these things involve Africa in some way??-- :eyebrow2:

Mr Patrick K. W. Chan.
(mr_pchan07@yahoo.com.hk)

Good Day ,

I am Mr. Patrick K. W. Chan. Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd.

Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Col. Hosam Hassan who was with the Iraqi forces and also businessman made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of Thirty million United State Dollars($30,000,000.00) only in my branch.Upon maturity several notices was sent to him, even during the war which began in 2003. Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came
from him. We later find out that Col. Hosam Hassan along with his wife and only daughter had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home.

After further investigation it was also discovered that client Col.Hosam Hassan did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Thirty million ($30,000,000.00) United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it.

What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration 5 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds. Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Col.Hosam Hassan so that you will be able to receive his funds.

MODALITIES:

I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to Col. Hosam Hassan, all that is required from you at this stage is for you to provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the attorney can commence his job.

After you have been made the next of kin, the attorney will also fill in for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary approval and of probate in your favour for the move of the funds to an account that will be provided by you.There is no risk involved at all in this matter, as we are going to adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue. Once the funds have been
transferred to your nominated bank account we shall then share in the ratio of 60% for me, 40% for you.

Should you be interested please send me your,
1,Full names
2,private phone number/fax
3,current residential address.

And I will prefer you reach me on my private email address
below:
(mr_pchan07@yahoo.com.hk)

and finally after that I shall provide you with more details of this operation.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Patrick K.W. Chan.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium