Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 06-14-2016, 06:50 AM
Ari's Avatar
Ari Ari is online now
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCXLIII
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Being transgender

:sniggle:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (06-14-2016)
  #52  
Old 06-14-2016, 07:28 AM
Angakuk's Avatar
Angakuk Angakuk is offline
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCCLXXXIII
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Awareness:

Shut the fuck up.

Iím not going to bother explaining myself any further, or even interacting with you again. You donít deserve any further explanation, and in fact, Iíve already put you on ignore. But seriously, just shut the fuck up.

- An actual LGBT person.
Duh, your screen name totally gives that away.
__________________
Old Pain In The Ass says: I am on a mission from God to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable; to bring faith to the doubtful and doubt to the faithful. :shakebible:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Awareness (06-14-2016), JoeP (06-14-2016), Pan Narrans (06-14-2016), The Man (06-14-2016)
  #53  
Old 06-14-2016, 08:01 AM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Awareness:

Shut the fuck up.

I’m not going to bother explaining myself any further, or even interacting with you again. You don’t deserve any further explanation, and in fact, I’ve already put you on ignore. But seriously, just shut the fuck up.

- An actual LGBT person.
I CAN SAY ANYTHING I DAMN WELL PLEASE !! This is THE FREETHOUGHT FORUM, not the HUNGER GAMES !!

REAL WEIRD WHEN PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET SAY " Shut the fuck up. "

Such sweet words from the mam himself......

Because i am on ignore @ actually always the invisible man , could somebody tell me what a LGBT person is ,what do the initials stand for? But he or she is curtious , i give you that, and i respect you for that The Man mam.
__________________
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!

Last edited by Awareness; 06-14-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-14-2016, 08:36 AM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

I do know , you do know how a person could feel like for instance

love,
hate,
be angry ,
be jealous, etcetera etcetera

These and others feelings are not of course feminine based or masculine based, or for that matter black or white based, or muslim or christian based .......it is little old sweet you, the one and only you !

it is everybody , with no difference at all in how the fine delecate mechanics of for example love for some one gets working.

Wether it be a robust construction worker , o a secretary of Donald Trump , a mother , a child, a man with a very dark coloured skin , their feelings work exactly the same way.



You , yourself can not and never be male or female,

somebody's view or opinion can not be male or female, it is just a perfect and solid YOU-view and YOU-opinion.

Actually you look , we look like a blob from Cocoon......so to speak.

Our body is just a " vessel " and the translator and bringer of our feelings to the one before you.



Quote:
And if the only way that someone born with a penis feels truly like themselves is as a woman, and hates living in her own body because it has a penis, when she--who she really is--should have a vagina, instead, why, with the medical science we have at our disposal, cannot we not help her become truly "her"?

What makes you happy, truly happy in life ,

is life of course, life makes you happy,
what you love to do
and who you love,
and who you are with, what you are good at, ....................

Well yeah, it gets hard if that gets in the way, if you really do not feel that you have the right tool to do God's work.

Does it REALY matter how you enjoy life....... ?

There is the other thing and that is discovering how life really is, that is something that all of us just do not know yet.....

Everything that you do and see ,

you just have to try to actually to do and see it as if it were for the first time.

and if you are aware of it , it could be actually be even for the first time .

YOU THINK EYES ARE JUST EYES UNTIL YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE. A FACE IS JUST A FACE IT IS NOT YOU. Your eyes are of course you and nothing else......
__________________
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!

Last edited by Awareness; 06-14-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-14-2016, 12:16 PM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Awareness:

Shut the fuck up.

I’m not going to bother explaining myself any further, or even interacting with you again. You don’t deserve any further explanation, and in fact, I’ve already put you on ignore. But seriously, just shut the fuck up.

- An actual LGBT person.
Duh, your screen name totally gives that away.
Weird........ but as i stated ; thanks,...............i think
__________________
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!

Last edited by Awareness; 06-14-2016 at 12:18 PM. Reason: A little shook up.....
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-14-2016, 06:50 PM
Angakuk's Avatar
Angakuk Angakuk is offline
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCCLXXXIII
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
...could somebody tell me what a LGBT person is ,what do the initials stand for?
Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transgendered

or

Little
Green
Bean
Thread

Take your pick.

Personally, I hate those little threads in the green beans. Lesbians, gays, bisexuals and trans genders, not so much.
__________________
Old Pain In The Ass says: I am on a mission from God to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable; to bring faith to the doubtful and doubt to the faithful. :shakebible:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (06-15-2016)
  #57  
Old 06-14-2016, 07:16 PM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
...could somebody tell me what a LGBT person is ,what do the initials stand for?
Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transgendered

or

Little
Green
Bean
Thread

Take your pick.

Personally, I hate those little threads in the green beans. Lesbians, gays, bisexuals and trans genders, not so much.
Well if you are on a mission from God to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable; to bring faith to the doubtful and doubt to the faithful, so am i.

Treading and threading on eggs and ham, they should be green by now.
__________________
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-14-2016, 07:32 PM
catchthisdrift catchthisdrift is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: XXXI
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
Wether it be a robust construction worker , o a secretary of Donald Trump , a mother , a child, a man with a very dark coloured skin , their feelings work exactly the same way.
You are just so absolutely wrong. One of the first things about communication is to understand what specific words mean to an individual. The idea of, and feeling of "love" and being loved are not the same for one individual as another; the feeling "safe", security, cared for, excitement, fear... they are all specific to the individual. And while, yes, one or more of those feelings/concepts may be very similar between two people, others will not be.

In terms of communications, understanding and good relationships (be it spouse, friend, country to country, whatever), your assertions are toxic.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (06-15-2016)
  #59  
Old 06-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Ari's Avatar
Ari Ari is online now
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCXLIII
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Being transgender

Lettuce Gay-Bacon and Tomato the LGBT.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-15-2016), JoeP (06-14-2016), Stephen Maturin (06-15-2016), The Man (06-15-2016)
  #60  
Old 06-14-2016, 08:31 PM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthisdrift View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
Wether it be a robust construction worker , o a secretary of Donald Trump , a mother , a child, a man with a very dark coloured skin , their feelings work exactly the same way.
You are just so absolutely wrong. One of the first things about communication is to understand what specific words mean to an individual. The idea of, and feeling of "love" and being loved are not the same for one individual as another; the feeling "safe", security, cared for, excitement, fear... they are all specific to the individual. And while, yes, one or more of those feelings/concepts may be very similar between two people, others will not be.

In terms of communications, understanding and good relationships (be it spouse, friend, country to country, whatever), your assertions are toxic.
You are so wrong Catchthisdrift i am talking about the manifestation of the feeling ITSELF arousing within a split second when the brain detects it , but you yourself are of course the feeling itself....

CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS, can you catch this observation Catchthisdrift ??

Every feeling is named catchthisdrift and it is as old as HOMO SAPIENS itself, well at least when we started to communincate, you could try and describe the feeling but that is just too hard.....

but in each other we can name our feeling, yeah you picked love, good one, there is none today Catchthisdrift,
hey FEAR is good and in each and every one of us on this earth from the moment it starts and ends the feeling is absolutely WORKING EXACTLY IDENTICAL in each of us, it is in fact the only word of God , and you just must abide by the feeling..........Can God write in your heart or can God write in your heart.......

What do you think God gave you these feelings for?? To indeed communicate and to protect yourself.......

But what your brain does nowadays it is mostly bullshit, reading what you and i write is good of the brain......
__________________
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!

Last edited by Awareness; 06-14-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 06-14-2016, 08:47 PM
catchthisdrift catchthisdrift is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: XXXI
Default Re: Being transgender

I understand what you're saying.

It's toxic.

You should be careful of confusing disagreement with failure to understand.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-15-2016), lisarea (06-14-2016), The Man (06-15-2016)
  #62  
Old 06-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Lettuce Gay-Bacon and Tomato the LGBT.
Life is fabulous Ari, being gay is just a fab, you see !!!

Being gay is but a mere choice, IT IS only being cheeky
__________________
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthisdrift View Post
I understand what you're saying.

It's toxic.

You should be careful of confusing disagreement with failure to understand.
Well at least you have had your say, and we are back to square one, which is your pouting again, how about proving me wrong??

You should be careful confusing denial with betrayel
__________________
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!

Last edited by Awareness; 06-14-2016 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Yourself Catchthisdrift
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-15-2016, 01:40 AM
lisarea's Avatar
lisarea lisarea is offline
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: XVMCXXV
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 3
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
You , yourself can not and never be male or female,

somebody's view or opinion can not be male or female, it is just a perfect and solid YOU-view and YOU-opinion.

Actually you look , we look like a blob from Cocoon......so to speak.

Our body is just a " vessel " and the translator and bringer of our feelings to the one before you.
Didn't you just try to insult chunksmediocrites by asking him if he's a teenaged girl?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-15-2016), Ari (06-15-2016), The Man (06-15-2016)
  #65  
Old 06-15-2016, 04:17 AM
ShottleBop's Avatar
ShottleBop ShottleBop is offline
The Dread Poster Robert
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Greater San Diego Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCMLXXXVIII
Images: 8
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthisdrift View Post
I understand what you're saying.

It's toxic.

You should be careful of confusing disagreement with failure to understand.
Well at least you have had your say, and we are back to square one, which is your pouting again, how about proving me wrong??

You should be careful confusing denial with betrayel
What's your proof for the assertions you make? You who persist in asserting--without proof--the mistaken view that sexual orientation is mere choice? Suggested reading:
Joining the Tribe: Growing Up Gay and Lesbian in the 90s.

How much time have you spent with gay/lesbian/transgender folk talking with them about their experiences? On what do you base your assertion that sexual orientation is a choice? How is sexuality any more of a choice than skin color?



Awareness: just how aware are you of your own ignorance, rather than that of others?

Last edited by ShottleBop; 06-15-2016 at 04:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Awareness (06-15-2016), JoeP (06-15-2016), Sock Puppet (06-15-2016), The Man (06-15-2016)
  #66  
Old 06-15-2016, 08:26 AM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
You , yourself can not and never be male or female,

somebody's view or opinion can not be male or female, it is just a perfect and solid YOU-view and YOU-opinion.

Actually you look , we look like a blob from Cocoon......so to speak.

Our body is just a " vessel " and the translator and bringer of our feelings to the one before you.
Didn't you just try to insult chunksmediocrites by asking him if he's a teenaged girl?

Who is chunksmediocrites ?
__________________
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-15-2016, 10:22 AM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

[quote=ShottleBop;1262574]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthisdrift View Post
I understand what you're saying.

It's toxic.

You should be careful of confusing disagreement with failure to understand.
Well at least you have had your say, and we are back to square one, which is your pouting again, how about proving me wrong??

You should be careful confusing denial with betrayel
Quote:
What's your proof for the assertions you make? You who persist in asserting--without proof--the mistaken view that sexual orientation is mere choice?
When you see thousands or millions of men and women BEING gay, just like that it is a mere choice.

" It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. " ( M.T.)

There are no facts when it comes to being gay, and people are deliberately seperated, because one thing is a fact, and that is that people can fall in love with people where race or gender or faith does not matter one bit, because that somebody's innerself is a strong identity....
Somebody's identity is not based on female or male, that just does not exist !!

At least can you agree that being homo-sexual or being lesbienne is love ONLY love for the body.......your own body as it were ???

You are not sick you are not a freak of nature , you are not mentally ill, you just made a choice and are really damn impertenent !!! That is all there is to it for myself. Just shoving woman aside just like that , and not being able to love the person inside , i just do not buy that !! And not being able to get aroused by a woman , i just do not buy that.......

We do not know anything at all about life, all of us including myself, and yet we think we all have in the bag...............And i see it on TV cliche after cliche, gay is the one , gay is allright, fine by me, but also care for people.....

Look how the world looks, where love is just not evident, just self preservation. Being gay is just a fab............why would you say , it is fabulous???

That is fucking weird !! Caring for each other that is fucking fabulous !!

When are we going to start ???




Quote:
How much time have you spent with gay/lesbian/transgender folk talking with them about their experiences? On what do you base your assertion that sexual orientation is a choice? How is sexuality any more of a choice than skin color?
I do not need to spend time with gay people, people are people.
Gay is not special, people can be special.

There is totally no difference in how we interact with each other, other than a gay man can not keep his hands off , i think......

Say if i would talk to someone who is gay, everybody knows for a fact that there is a person in that body like anybody else, which you could about anybody.....So i want to get to know that person.......

You are not born being gay, how you are as a person is the most important thing in a human being which is the only thing that is left over from society
frivolities.

Quote:
OK, I don't consider myself an expert, but I spent five years as a director of a Bay Area nonprofit dedicated to reducing violence both within and against the LGBT community, during the course of which I spent many, many hours with LGBT folks of all types. I went through the training course they conducted for speakers who would be going into area schools to talk about what it's like to be LGBT, in the hope that meeting and talking with folks would reduce the violence.
This i admire of you, hats off to you sir.

That is what i would always like to do , and that is indeed help people........

But that is also what i am saying, alway, i would be damned if i point a finger at anyone, because when i meet people i only see a naked person, without the face without the colour, without, the oh la la, i will see or meet a possible wonderful person.......

You are not supposed to see LGBT folks, you are supposed to see people and only people......

and that is just what they are !!!

Quote:
I spent a day (with my teenaged daughter) providing security at the Dore Alley Fair ("You have to cover at least this much of your private parts.") I spent a Pride Day parade tootling up and down the route in a golf cart with a transgender male who had only recently begun hormone treatment (with much of the same effect I remembered from having gone through puberty, myself), collecting donations from folks who had come to watch the parade. For a period of nine years, while working part-time in San Francisco and then full-time in Los Angeles, while living in San Diego, i rented rooms from gay friends. I tell you, Awareness, the folks who think that their sexuality was a choice are few and far between. Your insistence that it is a choice is very badly mistaken.[/spoiler]
I know a man too who is a transgender, and has now her sex been changed, at least that is what she said.....

I was concerned how he felt , and i wanted to bring her at ease....... but as i said deep down in everybody there is a person which is of course like everybody else, so hey i want to get to know her or him , it does not matter, because a person inside is the one you want to know and get to meet.....this person maybe has more qualities because of fighting a society which is just too damn blind......but i also care for people, and that is why is say that being gay or being transgender is a choice....

Being someone that is something that society goes after,

Being you yourself is not dressed up as a woman or dressed up as a man, or being giddy as a woman, being you is just being you.....

What you love to do,

What you like to do,

What you are really good at and love to do,

What you love to read,

What you love to make


What your peculiar characteristics are , and so forth, what you stand for.........

When you are alone in your sweet or neat decorated room, you are just you and that is all there is to it.......you do not need to be dressed up, you are not male or female, you are just you....

i do not care how others see me, when i walk outside

Quote:
Awareness, just how aware are you of your own ignorance, rather than that of others ?
I do not care what others think of me, but i do care about people.......

I am not even married to you guys.......that is also one thing you should learn and that is: DO what you want to do and say , and do not give a damn about what others think.....

When people discriminate people for how they look, that is so ignorant, that their brain is just friying up, and may not get fresh any more, that is my only concern.....

Where did i write that gay or genderbenders are ignorant ?

Last edited by Awareness; 06-15-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-15-2016, 01:34 PM
ShottleBop's Avatar
ShottleBop ShottleBop is offline
The Dread Poster Robert
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Greater San Diego Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCMLXXXVIII
Images: 8
Default Re: Being transgender

You did not. AND, I did not say that you did.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Awareness (06-15-2016), The Man (06-15-2016)
  #69  
Old 06-15-2016, 11:23 PM
ShottleBop's Avatar
ShottleBop ShottleBop is offline
The Dread Poster Robert
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Greater San Diego Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCMLXXXVIII
Images: 8
Default Re: Being transgender

Awareness: Your point, if I understand it correctly, is that we are, essentially, disembodied souls--that our bodies, whatever their color, whatever their desires, are not really "us" (except, perhaps, for our eyes, which you may consider to be windows to our souls), and that we should treat each other without regard to our bodies, which are not "us."

While I, and, I think, many others here, agree that we should not judge others by their bodies, but only by the qualities of their souls, I cannot agree that we are nothing BUT our souls. We ARE embodied, and the colors/desires/other attributes of our bodies (including the mechanics of our brains) greatly affect our sense of who we are and how we react to this world. No, others should not judge a person by his or her color, sexuality or the like, but there are many times when, to treat that person sensitively, and in the manner in which we would like to be treated ourselves, we must take such factors into account (albeit, without pre-judgment).

And, in some matters, you are just flat-out wrong: many aspects of our embodied selves--including what kindles physical desire (for males, what makes our dicks hard)--are simply not matters of "choice", no matter how large you make your caps.

Last edited by ShottleBop; 06-16-2016 at 03:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-16-2016), Awareness (06-16-2016), The Man (06-16-2016)
  #70  
Old 06-16-2016, 05:55 AM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

[quote=ShottleBop;1262644]
Quote:
Awareness: Your point, if I understand it correctly, is that we are, essentially, disembodied souls--that our bodies, whatever their color, whatever their desires, are not really "us" (except, perhaps, for our eyes, which you may consider to be windows to our souls), and that we should treat each other without regard to our bodies, which are not "us."
Yes, but you could also say we are souls within a body of course, we are not female , we are not male we are not gay we are not Christian or Muslim..............
But how you want to be in life, how you want to travel in so to speak is your choice

But we are really is living breathing individuals because of how we feel about things, and how we are as human beings, everything added up on how we feel about things and how we are and what even we can do, but most of all our peculiar charachteristic qualities makes each of us unique.........

Quote:
While I, and, I think, many others here, agree that we should not judge others by their bodies, but only by the qualities of their souls, I cannot agree that we are nothing BUT our souls.
Souls is kind of a weak word for me , we are truly feeling entities, and not just a robot. A robot can think anything if you give it enough , same with a human being, a thinker in fact means nothing...............
Somebody said to me , shut your feelings and only think, well then you are killing your identity then.

Quote:
We ARE embodied, and the colors/desires/other attributes of our bodies (including the mechanics of our brains) greatly affect our sense of who we are and how we react to this world.
For myself, no not true at all, colors , desires other attributes of the body as you say can not affect on how we feel, and if the brain works fine ,it will translate our feelings just very fine.....

Quote:
No, others should not judge a person by his or her color, sexuality or the like, but there are many times when, to treat that person sensitively, and in the manner in which we would like to be treated ourselves, we must take such factors into account (albeit, without pre-judgment).
INstead of looking at the exteriour i want to look right away under the hood of the car , so to speak.....................I want to know what kind of person you are, which i can relate to, you do not and never treat a face , you treat a person. THere is no other factor to take account in other then how the person is.......We have enough movie directors in the world...........You don't treat a person senitively, either you are sensitive or not, and there is no you give and then i give............

When you meet someone, maybe a woman black as the night you treat her like you are seeing a new soul, and you want to find out how she is as a person, because that is all what it she comes down to what kind of person is she , and will i be friends with her.......... but being ashamed to be with her on the street, then you just have to learn a little more on how to i interact with people......but don't make up new rules...........

Quote:
And, in some matters, you are just flat-out wrong: many aspects of our embodied selves--including what kindles physical desire (for males, what makes our dicks hard)--are simply not matters of "choice", no matter how large you make your caps.
Again you are wrong, and do not turn my words around, being gay is a choice
which for myself just means wanting to be impertenent , and saying i don't give a shit , i do what i want and because i love doing it, his face his body attracts me........But saying a woman's body does not attract me, that is just a lie , for every so called "gay" man in this world that is just not a fact..

Sometimes i even think, actually very harsh but i can not think of a better state ment : " Monkey see, monkey do"
But we are truly free in what we want to be and do(within the law of course)........that is more important to me...........telling people others what to do is so lame.........so everybody may say : "fuck off" ( like the blonde in the bathtub)
__________________
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!

Last edited by Awareness; 06-16-2016 at 06:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-16-2016, 06:03 AM
ShottleBop's Avatar
ShottleBop ShottleBop is offline
The Dread Poster Robert
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Greater San Diego Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCMLXXXVIII
Images: 8
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness
Again you are wrong, and do not turn my words around, being gay is a choice
which for myself just means wanting to be impertenent , and saying i don't give a shit , i do what i want and because i love doing it, his face his body attracts me........But saying a woman's body does not attract me, that is just a lie , for every so called "gay" man in this world that is just not a fact..
You speak from ignorance, and not from a place of knowledge. "Awareness" is a misnomer.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-16-2016), Sock Puppet (06-16-2016), The Man (06-16-2016)
  #72  
Old 06-16-2016, 06:04 AM
Ari's Avatar
Ari Ari is online now
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCXLIII
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Being transgender

And thats one of the many spots we disagree on. I think were goey biological robots.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-16-2016, 06:18 AM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
And thats one of the many spots we disagree on. I think were goey biological robots.
I think we are human beings with the abilty to feel ,

the greater good of mankind to manifest his or her identity......

Only thinking is just a robot, thinking is nothing, the brain making up thoughts as you go along , where the devil sees an open window and tries to change your thought...............


The bble or the koran or the tora are just thoughts, nothing more then that ,

IN AWE of seeing the world man writes about a god, where not really much was written of being kind to your brother.

Jesus wanted to do that , but He was abrubtly murdered and mankind let it happen.........

At least Mohammed was not murdered.

The only true words of God ARE written in our hearts........

If you see a man or a woman or a child starting to drown you would want to help the man the woman or the child because God him her or itself put something in your heart to feel..........

The feeling just automatically starts , but if you do not feel something then there is just something wrong with you, but keep filming , it will come to you one day, but then i t will be too late..........

Thank you Ari , for your inspiration, this will be my new angle as a reaction
__________________
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!

Last edited by Awareness; 06-16-2016 at 06:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-16-2016, 07:23 AM
Awareness's Avatar
Awareness Awareness is offline
Always keep cool.
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Posts: MDCCCVIII
Images: 9
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShottleBop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness
Again you are wrong, and do not turn my words around, being gay is a choice
which for myself just means wanting to be impertenent , and saying i don't give a shit , i do what i want and because i love doing it, his face his body attracts me........But saying a woman's body does not attract me, that is just a lie , for every so called "gay" man in this world that is just not a fact..
You speak from ignorance, and not from a place of knowledge. "Awareness" is a misnomer.
You don't need knowlegde from the world ShottleBop, you need to know yourself, letting somebody finding out they are ignorant is way better then telling somebody they are ignorant.

At least you got what i meant , ignorant or not, for man there is only one fact and one FACT ONLY , and that is that he is a man.

So we can think what ever we damn well like, it is not who is right, but if you YOURSELF are right and sure, and that is enough for me , because you just did not say a woman does NOT attract me, why not ShottleBop ?
__________________
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!

Last edited by Awareness; 06-16-2016 at 09:02 AM. Reason: And if you say a woman does not attract me, then you are a liar !! Hence choice flips out !!!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-16-2016, 02:13 PM
ShottleBop's Avatar
ShottleBop ShottleBop is offline
The Dread Poster Robert
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Greater San Diego Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MMCMLXXXVIII
Images: 8
Default Re: Being transgender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShottleBop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness
Again you are wrong, and do not turn my words around, being gay is a choice
which for myself just means wanting to be impertenent , and saying i don't give a shit , i do what i want and because i love doing it, his face his body attracts me........But saying a woman's body does not attract me, that is just a lie , for every so called "gay" man in this world that is just not a fact..
You speak from ignorance, and not from a place of knowledge. "Awareness" is a misnomer.
You don't need knowlegde from the world ShottleBop, you need to know yourself, letting somebody finding out they are ignorant is way better then telling somebody they are ignorant.
Three words, Awareness: "Dunning-Kruger effect".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness
At least you got what i meant , ignorant or not, for man there is only one fact and one FACT ONLY , and that is that he is a man.

So we can think what ever we damn well like, it is not who is right, but if you YOURSELF are right and sure, and that is enough for me , because you just did not say a woman does NOT attract me, why not ShottleBop ?
Why would I say that a woman does NOT attract you? I have no way of guessing your innermost sexual attractions, Awareness, and, if you have previously mentioned that women do--or do not--attract you, I have missed that.

And, in the case of LGBT, it IS a matter of who is right (as a matter of civil rights, it should not matter, but to many people who consider same-sex behavior a sin, it does), because it affects their views on how society should treat people who engage in same-sex behavior. And, as a matter of FACT, LGBT folk are LGBT not out of any sense of perversity, but because that is WHO THEY ARE. Dan Savage had this to say about it, in response to Ben Carson's assertion that being gay is a choice:

Quote:
Religious conservatives argue that being gay is a choice—a choice that people can control—and therefore gay people are not entitled to civil rights protections, aren't covered by the 14th Amendment, shouldn't be allowed to marry or adopt, etc. Because being gay is choice and therefore no one has to be gay. Don't like being discriminated against? Want to legally marry? Want to adopt? You shouldn't change the law, you shouldn't argue for equal rights, you should just chose to be straight. And it's easy! Because, you see, gayness isn't an immutable characteristic. It' not like race. People can't change their race, right?

Religious conservatives go on TV to make this anti-gay argument while religious conservatives knock on doors, distribute pamphlets, proselytize, and evangelize all over the country in an effort to get people to do what? To change their religions. To choose a different faith. So faith—religious belief—is not an immutable characteristic. You can change your faith. And yet religious belief is covered by civil rights laws and anti-discrimination statutes. Two other examples of mutable characteristics covered by civil rights statutes: military service and marital status. But no one has to serve in the military and no one has to get married—people have control over whether they marry or enlist, right? And yet, like religious belief, both are covered by civil rights statutes and people like Ben Carson don't object. The only time you hear that a trait has to be immutable in order to qualify for civil rights protections is when they talk about the gay.

Lying liars, etc. Anyway, here's a link for Dr. Carson and a challenge:

Situational homosexuality:

Sexual contact between members of the same sex due to absence of the opposite sex (e.g., military, prison) rather than desire or predisposition.
Like truthers (9/11 was an inside job), birthers (Barack Obama was born in Kenya), and deathers (Osama bin Laden is alive and well and living in West Hollywood), choicers are another group deranged conspiracy theorists who can't be dissuaded by science or evidence or facts. They insist that being gay is a conscious choice that a person makes. I've challenged choicers in the past to prove it—to put up or shut up—and I'm going to issue that challenge again:

Dear Dr. Carson,

If being gay is a choice, prove it. Choose it. Choose to be gay yourself. Show America how that's done, Ben, show us how a man can choose to be gay. Suck my dick. Name the time and the place and I'll bring my dick and a camera crew and you can suck me off and win the argument.

Very sincerely yours,

Dan Savage
Source (with links).
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Sock Puppet (06-16-2016), The Man (06-16-2016)
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 1.67590 seconds with 13 queries