Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 12-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Default Government Motors = EPIC FAIL!!!

APNewsBreak: GM willing to buy back Volts

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- General Motors will buy Chevrolet Volts back from any owner who is afraid the electric cars will catch fire, the company's CEO said Thursday.

In an exclusive interview with The Associated Press, CEO Dan Akerson insisted that the cars are safe, but said the company will purchase the Volts because it wants to keep customers happy. Three fires have broken out in Volts after side-impact crash tests done by the federal government.

Akerson said that if necessary, GM will recall the more than 6,000 Volts now on the road in the U.S. and repair them once the company and federal safety regulators figure out what caused the fires.

"If we find that is the solution, we will retrofit every one of them," Akerson said. "We'll make it right."

The fires happened seven days to three weeks after tests performed by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. And GM has said there's no threat of fires immediately after crashes. GM also has said that no Volts involved in real-world crashes have caught fire.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Old 12-02-2011, 04:48 AM
The King of America

Default Re: Government Motors = EPIC FAIL!!!

Government Motors = EPIC FAIL!!! - TalkRational
chunksmediocrites (12-02-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

The company's CEO conceded Thursday that the fires may cause some potential buyers to shy away from the Volt.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:07 PM
nominalistic existential pragmaticist

Volt=Colt?
Old 12-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Bow down before me ... or not.

I don't see a major problem here. Given the choice, I'd rather my car burst into flames several days after a major accident. By then, it's someone elses problem, and I wasn't on fire waiting to be pulled from the car by heroic bystanders or emergency response personel.

Maybe they'll add an extra warning label on the car sun visor, "Park car outside in a well ventilated area after totalling it in an accident"

It did make me wonder if they crash test gasoline cars with a full tank.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:06 PM
ne'er-do-well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGod View Post
It did make me wonder if they crash test gasoline cars with a full tank.
Major General Partridge: Just because the tests didn't turn out the way Colonel Burton thought they would, was no reason to suspect there was anything devious going on.

Madame Chairwoman: I ask you General, filling the fuel tanks with WATER before a test to check the combustibility of those tanks, that wasn't devious?

Major General Partridge: If the tanks had been filled with fuel, there's a good chance the vehicle would have exploded.

Congressman #1: Isn't that the point?

Major General Partridge: If the vehicle had exploded, we wouldn't be able to run additional tests!
Thanks, from:
Clutch Munny (12-02-2011), Pan Narrans (12-02-2011), Pyrrho (12-04-2011), Stephen Maturin (12-02-2011)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law