Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Archway

Old 07-21-2006, 06:03 PM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Default Re: Honey, there's a bear at the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry n. glad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin
Hey Bear!

Glad to see you again my friend!

Apparantly Armegeddon is underway for the Exodus is repeating itself, eh?
Yeah... I'd noticed that an commented on that elsewhere on the board.

What gives?
Attempted coup at the Freethought Fellowship
Ooooo...details...I want details. Pitch the dirt, please.
Are we getting the failed putsch members, or otherwise?
You're seeing the members who just want to discuss issues and also have a good time minus the insanity. Bleh... who needs it? :yawn:
Be forewarned that we get our share of insanity here, too. Witness recent incursions by the likes of Verax-Acis and Lyin'Dan (LionsDen).

So... You guys had latinjaral, eh? A proper twit he is. He got his derriere banned from here. That's not real easy to do, to which I am testament. I've been hard-banned from IIDB and HH (twice from the latter).

We do have a means of minimizing any insanity you may run across here that you'd rather not deal with. The "ignore" function. If you click on any offending member's avatar, it'll produce a list of functions you can apply to that particular poster. I've currently one avatar on "ignore" and about three posters entirely on "ignore".

Welcome freethinking types.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Struggling to stay sober....

Quote:
Be forewarned that we get our share of insanity here, too. Witness recent incursions by the likes of Verax-Acis and Lyin'Dan (LionsDen).
Don't forget Annie, and that attention whore JesusLawyer. :yup: :D
Quote:
So... You guys had latinjaral, eh? A proper twit he is. He got his derriere banned from here.
Apparantly he was lurking here and found the link to our place from my profile.
"This is what he wants, so he gets it" was my final response to him.

Quote:
That's not real easy to do, to which I am testament.
Liv tolerated me and Badfish slamming each other at IIDB. Pissing her off seems damn near impossible, to which I am a proud testiment myself. :giggle:
Quote:
I've been hard-banned from IIDB and HH (twice from the latter).
What did you do to piss Gurdur off, if I may ask?
Quote:
We do have a means of minimizing any insanity you may run across here that you'd rather not deal with. The "ignore" function. If you click on any offending member's avatar, it'll produce a list of functions you can apply to that particular poster. I've currently one avatar on "ignore" and about three posters entirely on "ignore".

Ignore feature? Why would I want to ignore the flamers, *self-healing* types, trolls and such? They bring excitement to my day, but that's just me.

* Smilin waiting for Michael to make his appearance now.. :popcorn:
Old 07-21-2006, 06:21 PM
ŧiggermonkey

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser?
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Bear!

Glad to see you again my friend!

Apparantly Armegeddon is underway for the Exodus is repeating itself, eh?
Yeah... I'd noticed that an commented on that elsewhere on the board.

What gives?
Attempted coup at the Freethought Fellowship
Ooooo...details...I want details. Pitch the dirt, please.
Are we getting the failed putsch members, or otherwise?
You're seeing the members who just want to discuss issues and also have a good time minus the insanity. Bleh... who needs it? :yawn:

So... You guys had latinjaral, eh? A proper twit he is. He got his derriere banned from here. That's not real easy to do, to which I am testament. I've been hard-banned from IIDB and HH (twice from the latter).

That's what really has me thrilled about this place is the self-moderating features like the ones you've described. The forum I come from lacks those features which might have saved it from what it's become.

Latin is now banned from there too. Trolls will be trolls. :yawn:

I've already made use of the ignore features. :D I have one person on complete ignore after reading a few insane posts ALL IN CAPS... lol... and I've put a few poster's signatures on ignore and a couple poster's avatars on ignore. So, yes, insanity abounds no matter where you go, but here you have a choice whether or not you are subjected to it. :wink: :cool:

Thanks for the warm welcome. :piglet2:
Old 07-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Idaho? NO! UDAHO!

Location: Mountains of N. Idaho ~ that little wedge of land between Washington State and Montana

Yea...I had nothing to do with any of it.
I came back from vacation to "all hell breaking loose!"

I told them if they didn't knock it off, I was taking my dolly and leaving.
My dolly is with me, now.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:41 PM

Carolyn,

You're more than welcome to play "dollies" with me! Heh!
Old 07-21-2006, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry
That's not real easy to do, to which I am testament.
Liv tolerated me and Badfish slamming each other at IIDB. Pissing her off seems damn near impossible, to which I am a proud testiment myself. :giggle:
Yeah... She has a metphorical hide like the proverbial rhino, plus a discerning ability to read between lines and ascertain acerbic delivery for what it is. Still, I suspect I've had her steaming a couple of times. Still, her ability to maintain her composure is the most impressive I've ever seen.

vm and I went our rounds over in HH, I suspect we both got it out of our systems then. He's a bit of a net nanny, but he's getting over it.

Quote:
I've been hard-banned from IIDB and HH (twice from the latter).
What did you do to piss Gurdur off, if I may ask?
Sure...ask away. I basically gave him a taste of his own medicine. He has come in here a couple of times, blindly swinging with verbal attacks (usually aimed at vm) and his haughty attitude...completely without justification, in my book. So, as a reinstated HH member, I went to HH and gave him what he gave here. I've got a bit of a thing about authoritarianism. I don't suffer it, if I don't have to. I appreciate authoritativeness, but bald authoritarianism pisses me off. He didn't appreciate my doing at "his forum" what he had done here.

The first time I was banned from HH, it was by Godot, another imperious wingnut. I challenged his "moderation" on PM and on-list. For my troubles, I was banned. So be it. I'm still happy with the outcome.

Quote:
Quote:

Ignore feature? Why would I want to ignore the flamers, *self-healing* types, trolls and such? They bring excitement to my day, but that's just me.

* Smilin waiting for Michael to make his appearance now.. :popcorn:
You don't have to, if you don't want to. That's the thing....different strokes for different folks. I didn't place any on 'ignore' until alfalfaboy came through and since then, we've had an uptick in wack jobs and proselytizers.

We've got some pretty decent theists around here, too. For that, I am truly thankful.

And...although Michael is an attention whore, he's learning to be pretty decent about it. Plus, he's one amazing photographer.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Yeah... She has a metphorical hide like the proverbial rhino, plus a discerning ability to read between lines and ascertain acerbic delivery for what it is. Still, I suspect I've had her steaming a couple of times. Still, her ability to maintain her composure is the most impressive I've ever seen.
and she makes the coolest smilies around!
Quote:
vm and I went our rounds over in HH, I suspect we both got it out of our systems then. He's a bit of a net nanny, but he's getting over it.
I've liked vm from the start and even PM'ed him job openings that are in my company. He's been friendly enough with me and that's what matters most where I'm concerned.

Quote:
Sure...ask away. I basically gave him a taste of his own medicine. He has come in here a couple of times, blindly swinging with verbal attacks (usually aimed at vm) and his haughty attitude...completely without justification, in my book. So, as a reinstated FF member, I went to FF and gave him what he gave here. I've got a bit of a thing about authoritarianism. I don't suffer it, if I don't have to. I appreciate authoritativeness, but bald authoritarianism pisses me off. He didn't appreciate my doing at "his forum" what he had done here.
Wouldn't happen to have links to that verbal exchange would yah? I'm a sucker for forum drama. :chin: :popcorn:
Quote:
The first time I was banned from HH, it was by Godot, another imperious wingnut. I challenged his "moderation" on PM and on-list. For my troubles, I was banned. So be it. I'm still happy with the outcome.
Godot? Putting that nick in my memory for someone to intentionally irritate when I run into him. :cool: :innocent:
Quote:
And...although Michael is an attention whore, he's learning to be pretty decent about it. Plus, he's one amazing photographer.
Yes, to be fair and give credit where credit is due, he is a talented photographer. I've enjoyed his contributions here and at the same time got chuckles out of his attention whoring drama queen bit he plays so well.
He should make an appearance here any minute now. :imwait:
Old 07-21-2006, 06:59 PM

Ok, I'm going to show my ignorance.

What are IIDB, HH, and Freethought Fellowship?

Links connected with this site?
Old 07-21-2006, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
and she makes the coolest smilies around!
Well... She's made a few cool smilies, but what's she is really good at is collecting them from masters of the smileysmiths. (Despite the fact that she won't let discomonkey into the smiley horde.)

Quote:
Quote:
I've liked vm from the start and even PM'ed him job openings that are in my company. He's been friendly enough with me and that's what matters most where I'm concerned.
Oh, fair he is. But occasionally, he can be as irasible as I am. Plus, as I understand it, he's the technical support supremo.

Quote:
Quote:
Sure...ask away. I basically gave him a taste of his own medicine. He has come in here a couple of times, blindly swinging with verbal attacks (usually aimed at vm) and his haughty attitude...completely without justification, in my book. So, as a reinstated FF member, I went to FF and gave him what he gave here. I've got a bit of a thing about authoritarianism. I don't suffer it, if I don't have to. I appreciate authoritativeness, but bald authoritarianism pisses me off. He didn't appreciate my doing at "his forum" what he had done here.
Wouldn't happen to have links to that verbal exchange would yah? I'm a sucker for forum drama. :chin: :popcorn:
Not readily. You can search here using "Gurdur" and then look up his more recent posts. I have no access to the stuff at HH. :innocent:

Quote:
Quote:
Godot? Putting that nick in my memory for someone to intentionally irritate when I run into him. :cool: :innocent:
Heh...If he was smart, he'll have changed that by now. Hugo Holbling also suffered a fall from my graces in that particular drama. All those names now have a place of dubious honor on my shitlist, along with crazyfingers at IIDB.

Hey...What can I say? It was kismet. I ended up here, where authoritative outweighs authoritarian almost every time. I think I just passed the two year mark here. :D

Last edited by godfry n. glad; 07-21-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Quote:
Just don't piss him off. He isn't mean or anything. He just won't shut up. :blahblah: :giggles:

:wink: You know I like ya vm. :manhug:
Old 07-21-2006, 08:28 PM
go fish

Hi RareBear! Welcome to :ff:

Quote:
Godot? Putting that nick in my memory for someone to intentionally irritate when I run into him.
Psssssst, better make lots of room in that memory of yours if you hope to keep track of everyone godfry has had a tiff with over time on these forums... :wink:
Old 07-21-2006, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet bear
Ok, I'm going to show my ignorance.

What are IIDB, HH, and Freethought Fellowship?

Links connected with this site?
IIDB is internet infidels discussion board http:www.iidb.org
HH is heathen hangout www.heathen-hangout.com
Freethought Fellowship: http://freethought-fellowship.org

Other so-called 'freethinking sites'
Old 07-21-2006, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb
Quote:
Just don't piss him off. He isn't mean or anything. He just won't shut up. :blahblah: :giggles:

:wink: You know I like ya vm. :manhug:
Kinda like Shelli.... :yup:

You definately don't wanna piss her off. :innocent: :popcorn:
Old 07-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Solipsist

:popcorn2:

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 07-21-2006, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pescifish

Quote:
Godot? Putting that nick in my memory for someone to intentionally irritate when I run into him.
Psssssst, better make lots of room in that memory of yours if you hope to keep track of everyone godfry has had a tiff with over time on these forums... :wink:
Heh... Now don't make me out to be some kind of ogre that I'm not. :shrek:

I only have four names on my shitlist. Names of which you thought at least three were deservant. Alfalfaboy didn't even make it on to my shitlist.

Hell's belles, woman, I can't even remember everybody I've had "a tiff" with...I'm certainly not going to expect anyone to remember all that. :wink:
Old 07-21-2006, 09:43 PM
go fish

But... I used the winky!
Sorry, godfry, I was just goofin'. My apologies!
Old 07-21-2006, 09:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Well the memory thing is shot since the coma. I have to write everything down that I want to remember. Are you saying I should start an excel spreadsheet in order to keep track of all of godfry's tiffs? :whup: :chin: :giggle:
Old 07-21-2006, 10:03 PM
go fish

If you bump up to a database (access will do), you could keep track of all of our tiffs! I keep forgetting my own and it's really annoying when I realize I've been all grins and giggles with someone I'm supposed to be pissed at. Dammit! :shakefist:
Old 07-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Idaho? NO! UDAHO!

Location: Mountains of N. Idaho ~ that little wedge of land between Washington State and Montana

:roflmao:
you guys are killing me! :D
Old 07-21-2006, 10:24 PM

Quote:
If you bump up to a database (access will do), you could keep track of all of our tiffs! I keep forgetting my own and it's really annoying when I realize I've been all grins and giggles with someone I'm supposed to be pissed at. Dammit! :shakefist:
Gotcha! DONE! Started with Godfry's tiffs. Godfry, can you summarize again for me your tiffs? Gurdur I know, but what were the other two? :livpope: <<<<this is what comes up on the smilie search when you enter tiff.... :lol

Goldie,

WELLLLL HEELLLOOOOOOOO!!!! :kissass: :hit:
Old 07-22-2006, 12:46 AM

Quote:
But... I used the winky!
Sorry, godfry, I was just goofin'. My apologies!
Apology not necessary, pescifish. I gave you the winky back. I knew you was goofin'...although perilously close to the truth...but I thought I'd just clarify for the nOObs. :wave:
Old 07-22-2006, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Gotcha! DONE! Started with Godfry's tiffs. Godfry, can you summarize again for me your tiffs? Gurdur I know, but what were the other two?
Why...sure.

I'll assume that you're referring to those "tiffs" which resulted in my bans? I mean, I've been in "tiffs" with...lessee...vm, LadyShea, liv, Cool Hand, TomJoe, and, jeez, whatshizname the UberCatholic who honored me with my user title....Albert Cipriani. None of these have made it to my shitlist. Nor has Alphamale.

Crazyfingers and Leah at IIDB. Leah was the member I accused of lying, crazyfingers the dumbest, most ham-handed admin I've ever run into.

Godot, and tangentially, Hugo Holbling, at HH. That was my first exile from HH.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Idaho? NO! UDAHO!

Hello, Smilin' :wave:

You HORN-DAWG! :lecher: :wink:

Hows it going next-door?
Old 07-22-2006, 01:25 AM
ŧiggermonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie

Hows it going next-door?
Your most favorite person is still causing shit... shocking, I know. :kookoo:
Old 07-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Idaho? NO! UDAHO!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie

Hows it going next-door?
Your most favorite person is still causing shit... shocking, I know. :kookoo:
Well, the late Mitch Hedburg (on CD), my dolly and I will sit here, swilling Zimas and eating fish, til the cow goes home...I mean til the cows come home. :giggle:
Oooopsy! Silly me. :blush:

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Archway