Old 09-05-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
:laugh:

I see that Talk Rational is being treated to a copious stream of diarrheal copypasta. You know, cuz that approach has worked perfectly for peacegirl over the past 12 years or so.

Well it's the only way she knows, and her daddy said to do it that way, so it must be working. Peacegirl probably believes that all those thousands of lurkers will rally to the cause, any day now.
Stephen Maturin (09-05-2014)
Old 09-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Spiffiest wanger

I must say, the TR thrad is greatly disappointing so far. :sadcheer: In addition to a lack of trenchant criticism, it lacks lulz.

A quick scan of our first 23 pages with peacegirl reveals a much more advanced, and lulzworthy, critique of her father's bullshit. As I think theDoc said earlier, maybe that was because we had access to the whole book, and TR doesn't. Still, even that was because LadyShea dug up the book online, not because peacegirl offered a link to it.

Is the whole book still online anywhere? If so, maybe one of the people "following her around" can post the link.

If not, I suggest it's time for someone to talk about what happens when God turns on the sun at noon. :snicker:
Old 09-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
In addition to a lack of trenchant criticism, [the TR thread] lacks lulz.
The former is disappointing but understandable, this being t3h Intartoob and all. The latter is wholly unforgivable.

Quote:
Is the whole book still online anywhere?
I don't think so. Sometime before peacegirl came here, the chairman of University of Northern Colorado's philosophy department (such as it is) graciously agreed at peacegirl's request to upload the Sacred Text to the university's server so that people participating in a discussion on UNC's message board could have access to the whole thing. When we started reading the book and posted quotes showing what a clown-punching egomaniacal simpleton ol' Seymour was, peacegirl had UNC dump the book. To my knowledge, it isn't available online for free anymore (except Ch. 1, which is free at peacegirl's idiot website).

Some people here, myself included, have copies saved on their hard drives. peacegirl has done a lot of scrubbing since then, so there's no way of telling exactly how different the current version is from the former version.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Deadlokd (09-06-2014)
Old 09-06-2014, 01:11 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I must say, the TR thrad is greatly disappointing so far. :sadcheer: In addition to a lack of trenchant criticism, it lacks lulz.

A quick scan of our first 23 pages with peacegirl reveals a much more advanced, and lulzworthy, critique of her father's bullshit. As I think theDoc said earlier, maybe that was because we had access to the whole book, and TR doesn't. Still, even that was because LadyShea dug up the book online, not because peacegirl offered a link to it.

Is the whole book still online anywhere? If so, maybe one of the people "following her around" can post the link.

If not, I suggest it's time for someone to talk about what happens when God turns on the sun at noon. :snicker:

Spacemonkey has offered a PDF, through some kind of file sharing, I didn't follow it but I did ask if it included ch. 10.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:32 AM
what's with all the roman numerals everywhere

was it this forum that peacegirl on TR claimed had no moderation?
Old 09-06-2014, 04:40 AM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrical View Post
Yes...we have only rules against doxing, copyright infringement, and flooding I think.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:40 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Things are picking up at TR. :yup:

We've learned that her radiologist son was considered a hoodlum as a child, because he shot a (small) BB gun at the neighbor girl's butt. :sadcheer:

Also, she just told old Flo Jellem that Ms. Jellem needs professional help, just because the professor emeritus of home economics at Chester Alan Arthur Junior High used to carve up live guinea pigs with a Ginsu knife while her students watched. :sadcheer:
Old 09-06-2014, 04:48 AM
Spiffiest wanger

UPDATE: Spacemonkey :monkey: has ruined things for everyone at TR. :yup:
Old 09-06-2014, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Yes...we have only rules against doxing, copyright infringement, and flooding I think.
that's pretty much all TR has, too (if flooding equals spamming) ...in theory it has harassment but in practice... actually I don't recall TR doing anything about copyright infringement
Old 09-06-2014, 04:55 AM

Quote:
by posting the link? Yes, I downloaded the book, just in case.

I don't have weeks to spare just to wade through this thread, but in a nutshell can you let me know how you managed to stick with it for so long?
Old 09-06-2014, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I don't have weeks to spare just to wade through this thread, but in a nutshell can you let me know how you managed to stick with it for so long?
I have a tendency to not drop arguments :shrug: I may avoid them in any number of situations, I may concede if convinced to adopt a new view, I may convince the other person to my view, I may come to have a more informed or differing view. Lots of possible outcomes...but if someone is arguing back at me, I usually stick with it. Sometimes I get bored. For some reason peacegirl doesn't bore me. I think it's because she is not arguing for the Bible or pro life or any of the topics I have debated hundreds of times.

Last edited by LadyShea; 09-07-2014 at 02:07 AM. Reason: tablets autocorrect is a PITA
Thanks, from:
davidm (09-06-2014)
Old 09-06-2014, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I have a tendency to not drop arguments :shrug: I may avoid them in any number of situations, I may concede if convinced to adopt a new view, I may convince the other person to my view, I may come to have a more informed or differing view. Lots of possible outcomes...but if someone is arguing back at me, I usually stick with it. Sometimes I get bored. For some reason peaceful doesn't bore me. I think it's because she is not arguing for the Bible or pro life or any of the topics I have debated hundreds of times.
ah ok, thanks. So far from the TR thread I'm getting God-is-the-answer vibes but then again peacegirl's Point (if there is one) is a ways off.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:43 AM

Not at all. Religion will be eliminated due to no longer being needed in the new world.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:14 AM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
Took me longer than I'd anticipated. Must be losing my edge.
davidm (09-06-2014), Stephen Maturin (09-06-2014)
Old 09-06-2014, 07:19 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Took me longer than I'd anticipated. Must be losing my edge.
We don't know that Peacegirl has left for sure, time will tell.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:23 AM
I'm Deplorable.

I would have thought my signature would have tipped people off, it's the same on both forums, perhaps that is something most people don't look at. (B.O.F. with 0 credibility)
Old 09-06-2014, 07:56 PM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

I knew it was you right away. Not from your sig but from your complete cluelessness and your total lack of understanding of everything that peacegirl has tried to teach you. Not to mention the lack of meaningful content in your posts. You don't even know what the two-sided equation is and it is obvious that you have never read the book.
Adam (09-06-2014), davidm (09-06-2014)
Old 09-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Rational
Tags
7th grade dropout, astute observations, janis rafael; not stopper, lulzapalooza, spaghetti & meatballs, translucent sex robes
Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttershug
Do you know the expression, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting?
:laugh:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Thanks, from:
Adam (09-06-2014), Angakuk (09-06-2014), davidm (09-06-2014)
Old 09-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Almost a thousand replies and nearly 40 pages in two days. :eek:

By contrast, it took :ff: more than two weeks to hit those milestones. :eek:

Still, our responses were more trenchant and luzlworthy, even though it took us longer to get there, and so :ff: are winnahs -- again! :trophy:
Old 09-07-2014, 01:18 AM
here to bore you with pictures

Poor thing. She's having the same types of discussions there as here and everywhere else. One thing I noticed is that everyone picks up on those big red flags that say, "This author is a total crackpot." Yet she can't bear to drop all the butthurt text her father wrote.

The denial has started quickly. I actually would have rather not seen her previous antagonizers show up - let the new set of antagonizers experience her fresh and optimistic and mess with her in possibly new and different ways.
Thanks, from:
Cynthia of Syracuse (09-07-2014), Dragar (09-07-2014), LadyShea (09-07-2014), Stephen Maturin (09-07-2014)
Old 09-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Less than a day after Spacemonkey posted a .pdf of the Sacred Text -- thereby RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE :glare: -- some astute observer at TR found and posted Seymour's spectacularly frivolous lawsuit against President Carter. That's pretty efficient work. :2thumbsup:

Old 09-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Spiffiest wanger

After such a blazing start, though, it looks like that thrad is already running out of gas. :sadcheer: Apparently they haven't got the stamina of :ff:

Currently it's RAFH talking about the size of his penis and grainy videos of him "doing it" with his second wife. :sex:

By contrast, the first 50 pages of :ff: had gotten deep into science and philosophy. :ff: are winnahs, again. :trophy:
Old 03-20-2015, 02:12 AM

Quote:
. We found that dogs for which the happy faces were rewarded learned the discrimination more quickly than dogs for which the angry faces were rewarded. This would be predicted if the dogs recognized an angry face as an aversive stimulus. Furthermore, the dogs performed significantly above chance level in all four probe conditions and thus transferred the training contingency to novel stimuli that shared with the training set only the emotional expression as a distinguishing feature. We conclude that the dogs used their memories of real emotional human faces to accomplish the discrimination task.
An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
Dogs Can Discriminate Emotional Expressions of Human Faces

Corsin A. Müller1, , ,
Kira Schmitt1,
Anjuli L.A. Barber1,
Ludwig Huber1, ,
Thanks, from:
But (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 03:57 AM
Spiffiest wanger

This thread bump scared the shit out of me. :freakout:
Thanks, from:
Dragar (03-20-2015), JoeP (03-20-2015), Pan Narrans (03-20-2015), Spacemonkey (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 12:23 PM

lol sorry I couldn't resist
Thanks, from:
davidm (03-20-2015), JoeP (03-20-2015)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy